Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't know if someone already had this idea, but how about an anti cooldown pot? You just pay 5 plat and get 5 cooldown free minutes!
    I hope this will never happen...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My wife and I like to thank Devs for bringing GCD into the game. I found myself holding my wife's hands longer than I touch my Galaxy Tab for today after the patch. Thanks Dev! Love you all..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well, having played a bit and getting used to the gcd I just gotta say......... I still hate it. It would not be bad if buffs and debuffs weren't affected by gcd, but as it is now you pretty much have to forget about buffing and debuffing if you want any hope of healing and doing damage. It really needs to be shortened, I think .20 or .15 would be enough to eliminate multitouching without ruining the flow of combat.Not a single run today have I had any fun playing this game. It turns into me doin a few runs, and then logging out because the gcd ruins the fun. Then ill say " screw it, I just wanna play PL", only to log out again after a couple runs.

I think I'm just gonna keep an eye on the forums until I see its been changed or removed, I really don't think I can handle playing PL with the current gcd anymore
    Last edited by skavenger216; 04-13-2011 at 03:17 AM.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love some aspects of the new patch - new world map looks great, loving the new faces (although, couldn't you get hands to match??).

As for GCD - the actual delay between casts is more like 1 1/2 seconds than half a second. Why? Every time the GCD kicks in it greys out all my spells and 'wipes' my visual memory for which spells are ready to cast. So when the spells pop back again, I have to re-orientate myself as to which spells are active. The effect? My eye is off of the group and permanently fixed to my spell book. The result? Everyone dies and I'm having no fun ;-/

This feels like the death call for magic based classes i.e. the mage. I'm still playing, but I've switched to my lvl 9 duck, Quackle ;-D GCD has a lesser effect on birds/ bears than on mages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This update stopped the game from opening/launching on my Droid X... :/
    MyLovely-Lvl 50 Nuke & Farmin' Mage | MyGirlfriend-Lvl 35 Pally Enchantress | MyJewBanker-Lvl 15 Dex Bear :3

| MyAssassin-Lvl 15 Dex Crow | ***********-???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BTW...am now playing with the sound OFF. Am fed up of the constant farting and puking noises.... ^^ And I have a 55 mage so have been playing game for a while just never felt the need to come post before ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The last thing I'll say at this point. I like much of the update. The improved marking of quests is a plus. The interface or background or whatever looks good. I don't think adjusting GCD is the answer.We've worked hard to achieve higher levels and gain proficiency. GCD negates that IMHO. My vote (if I had one) would be for repeal. The lag and ping spikes still exist. I'd rather deal with that than being a dashboard monitor.I never saw where multitouching was a problem.
    I really do hate to complain. I have thoroughly enjoyed playing and thank you devs for a great game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And, am in game right now....struck by general lack of anyone around, but most of all that the majority of those people are playing bear and birds - hardly any mages and that says it all really!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I also wanted to add, I realize a lot of my posts in this thread have been negative, I am not intending to bash the devs if it seems that way, I think they are a hard working group who strive to bring us the best game that they can. It's just that I love PL and I am truly crushed by this radical change to the games mechanics.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Plasticuproject

I just think whatever makes this game fastest is best. It's a pick up and play game. I'm not sitting at my desktop, I'm in the car, waiting for the waiter to bring my food, sitting in the doctors office, on the can. THAT'S what this game was designed for, and speed and fluidity are crucial for that. If I wanted to sit at a desk and get involved in long dungeons, and super strategic game play I'd go buy WoW or play RISK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

its impossible to play a mage with the gcd, it takes aways 80% of the fun in this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    its impossible to play a mage with the gcd, it takes aways 80% of the fun in this game.
    thats so true! please remove GCD or lose your valuable players :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GCD is stupid for PvE. Why would the devs want to implement GCD when there were so many opposing voices in the suggestion & improvement thread?

I remembered at one point the devs said they would review the impacts done to the game balance, and may consider adjusting upward the skills' damage, etc. But I see NONE of these were included in this update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They can adjust all they like - reducing GCD down-time, adjusting skills, tweaking mob damage....but if you wipe my spellbook clean even for a tenth of a second, I still have to re-learn what's up and what isn't causing a much longer delay in my casting - and TBH the constant strobing grey/colour grey/colour is still an issue as it's visually very distracting.

I am positive this is an improvement for PvP. But I loathe PvP and am only here for the PvE and can only see this as detrimental.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you should also bring back the links or world map when u first entered PL. and the store!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Tried login play for abt an hour... I cant take it... My eyes are closing on me, got soooo boring. And i have 8 chars 5 are mages haha, i am done for.

Just wondering, what is the total population playing pvp? More than 50%? or isit PL got too many hardcore players who find the game toooo easy? Lag is still there, my service provider fault. Past frame lag with mobs pulling in stronghold, it goes slow motion, but i am ok with that.

Guess i login and stand in town enjoy scenery

Kopiooo-56 Elf, Kopipok-56 Bear, Kopitiam-56 Bird, Kopikosong-50 Elf, Kopisee-20 Elf, Kopioo-15 Elf, Kopilao-10 Elf, Kopisiao-5 Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The GCD has DEFINITELY made me put my phone DOWN. I've been sick for three weeks and today I pick up my phone, play for 5 minutes, put it down with a deep sigh. Love the look HATE THE GCD!! I JUST got good at AOE type moves...now everyone dies because I can't stop watching my spell area despite respec'ing and rearranging my spells to keep "what I've already done" in order.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm playing PL for 7-8 months now (from time to time), but this is my third visit to the forums... normally i wouldn't be here.
    Here's the reason i came here: I SERIOUSLY DONT LIKE two things in yesterdays update.

1. World Map and Store buttons removed from the welcome screen
    I was using those to quickly join games/check on friends right from the welcome screen.

2. Global Ability Cool-down
    Before yesterdays update i could beat Bandit Boys Hideout on my own.
    Yesterday i got killed four or five times there.. on one single run.. with four "super-awesome gear" 55's around me.
    I need 2-4 abilities at the same time to successfully kill a group of enemies in the Sewers..
    I'm slow and useless without them.. it makes me feel bad and wanna leave the game.

Hope someone notices this message,
    cause these two things make me hate and wanna quit PL (i'm no longer having fun... so why stay?)

And btw, whats that small shield people keep asking about?
    Last edited by TEPTEP; 04-13-2011 at 05:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Global cooldown in pve is not good. Very bad indeed. Trust me, death counts will go up in maps like catacomb. But pvp is balanced with global cooldown though i am not a pvp fan. I ever heard or maybe seen that they say global cooldown will reduce possibilities of lag spike in game. Seemingly, it does not. So i guess global cooldown needs to be removed from pve and can be detain in pvp. Thanks to this update of global cooldown, most of my friends in my list are offline which usually they woild be on at this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

how about gcd is removed, but multi touch on tablets is disabled. or maybe a miniscule cooldown to ensure no multi touch. maybe 0.075 of a second
    EDIT: on a side note, i dont remember this much reaction since...well never really..12,000 views and counting
    Last edited by Slush; 04-13-2011 at 04:19 AM.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION