Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

For the people who are struggle with the GCD. Try something and see if it helps. I noticed that I had serious issues playing with it until I did this experiment.

Every time the global cool down flashes watch to see if you change direction while moving or stop entirely.
    Collapse the skills and see if this will improve your game play. It did improve it greatly for me.

If you are a visual person your issue may not be the GCD, it is simply how loud the GCD indication is and it makes you focus entirely on it for a few moments, just enough for you to get in trouble while fighting.

I believe that a transparency setting on the cool down animation could solve it entirely. When I had my skill collapse I could easily do my combos and the game play was not noticeably affected either. The problem resides in the skill interface not the cool down time!

Try it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Devs , please MAKE A SEWER KING SET BONUS !! :'(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree 110% about the gcd, I Jus log on to talk to friends. The gcd makes me feel like I'm not making any progress I Jus sit there and watch the cooldown very boring.
    Last edited by Thade; 04-13-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sterist View Post
    GCD has in part been implemented to promote the consumption of platinum and generate revenue with the new full-revive that cannot be hidden.

Confirm or Deny?

cannot deny that this causes more deaths, so that's what it comes down to ^^^^^^
    This post is a fail.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Devs,
    First off, thanks for the hard work and the update. As mentioned by many other members, a large part of the appeal of PL is its fast pace while still having great depth in customization and advancement. I'm grateful for the intention of adding the GCD to improve performance and game play, but as you've seen from the many comments, the current implementation is somewhat antithetical to the original intent. I'm sitting on 5 lvl 55 and I'm dreading the time it will take to level them to 56 with the new GCD. I have faith and high hopes that you will find a good solution to the GCD issue.

I have some of suggestions as to possible modification that may help.

1)Add items that can reduce the GCD. Or maybe allow weapon speed to affect the GCD.
    2)Make GCD triggered by mana through put instead of single spell. You have a window of 2-3sec to spend say 50 mana then GCD kicks in. This way we can still have burst but not go hog wild and use up all our spells in one chain/insta cast.
    3)Use the first person shooter energy weapon model, fire too long or too fast your weapon over heats and you sit on a super long GCD. This will force player to use control over button mashing.

That's all I've got for now. Hopefully I can come up with some other ideals for you guys. Thanks again for all your work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hayabusaz is right sewer bonus should be in. Promised was à set with THE 56 helmet, since that is coming from prince it matches well with sewer king etc.
    Pl Akaee 76, Bearbg 76, Whosdaddy 76
    Sl Akaee 46, Bearbg 46, Whosdaddy 46
    Dl Akaee 36, Gruppy 36
    Al Akaee 36, Gruppy 34, Whosdaddy 36

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dankndecay View Post
    Devs,
    First off, thanks for the hard work and the update. As mentioned by many other members, a large part of the appeal of PL is its fast pace while still having great depth in customization and advancement. I'm grateful for the intention of adding the GCD to improve performance and game play, but as you've seen from the many comments, the current implementation is somewhat antithetical to the original intent. I'm sitting on 5 lvl 55 and I'm dreading the time it will take to level them to 56 with the new GCD. I have faith and high hopes that you will find a good solution to the GCD issue.

I have some of suggestions as to possible modification that may help.

1)Add items that can reduce the GCD. Or maybe allow weapon speed to affect the GCD.
    2)Make GCD triggered by mana through put instead of single spell. You have a window of 2-3sec to spend say 50 mana then GCD kicks in. This way we can still have burst but not go hog wild and use up all our spells in one chain/insta cast.
    3)Use the first person shooter energy weapon model, fire too long or too fast your weapon over heats and you sit on a super long GCD. This will force player to use control over button mashing.

That's all I've got for now. Hopefully I can come up with some other ideals for you guys. Thanks again for all your work.
    Now this is what I call good feedback. Stated concerns, feelings, and offered suggestions and alternatives which are pretty friggin good. Very nice!
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

please remove gcd !! I loved this game.. until the patch. I tried some levels and was very frustrated.
    I dont think i will play longer with this gcd in place. PLEASE CHANGE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm confused, why did they implement the gcd? Some say it's froma problem on the iPad, some say it's because players were complaining about getting killed too fast in pvp(which seems like a stupid reason to me). Which is it?
    Rhudien--Level 56 Dual Class [Paladin/Pure Int](my pride and joy pink magnet)

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #690
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

GCD should feel much snappier now, give it a try and let us know here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...te-%2857007%29
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com