Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 690

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

  1. #421
    Member Tiliana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    A van down by the river...
    Posts
    167
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    This is one way to get the forum numbers up.

    Tiliana - 54 Pure Int Mage & Atilian - 21 Pure Dex Archer
    Spamming the heals and living the dream once again.

  2. #422
    Forum Adept Kaarataka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    251
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    99
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    34
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove View Post
    Dude... Why do you think they made this FEEDBACK THREAD? They wanted to revamp the gameplay, but it's not going to be perfect overnight. To satisfy the players, there has to be trial and error. The devs have made drastic changes before that people raged about, but they were fixed in time because of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. By dissing them the way you are, you're not being helpful at all.
    Again you missed my point. I am not their beta tester. I am their customer. I spend my money on properly developed projects. I work in the IT field and know for a fact if they did this to a business they would lose the client. If you don't like that, then I'm sorry but you won't make it in the real world. Proper development is done behind the scenes, not in a live environment. It is a simple project to make a test server, invite beta testers, work out the kinks, then deploy the update. That's my feedback, deal with it

  3. #423
    Guardian of Alterra Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    25,206
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,632
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,855
    Thanked in
    2,938 Posts

    Default

    People panic, a lot. This is why we have stock market crashes. The expression "Hold your horses" would be quite useful here. Instead of letting your emotions override you, which shows just how much self control you have. Be patient, they are working on it. Yelling at somebody doesn't make things happen any faster. If it did, I'd be yelling at people to revive faster, wouldn't I? Yelling and Trollish "constructive criticism" just bruises ego's, angers people, and in this game, gets you banned.

    Like Justg said, "Level-headed Feedback" is great.

    Trollish "Constructive Criticism" is not. Did people see how many forum members got banned for that? Some thought in posts would be appreciated, rage posting is never a good thing.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

  4. #424
    Junior Member Stephnee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plasticuproject View Post
    It's like I bought a cherry red Corrvete from the dealer, drove it around for a few months then they snuck over and painted it pink in the middle of the night.
    ROFL! i think this is my new signature
    Lvl 56 Enchantress ~Stephnee~ Lvl 55 Warrior Stephneee Lvl 21 Engineer Astrastephnee lvl 20 Operative Novastephnee lvl 20 Commando Lunastephnee

  5. #425
    Forum Adept Tengotengo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    297
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    They've always done it this way. Why? Because there's a symbiotic relationship between the Devs and us players. It works this way because they do listen to us and make changes. Hence, this method works. For other companies that heavily beta test, once they've spent the time and money beta testing, the final iteration is basically what you get. And if it's not what you like, you basically have to live with it because some playtesters liked it that way. Ill pass on that method. I choose the STS way.
    +1 on this. The distance between the devs and the users is tiny. This process is painful and ugly, but the feedback is unfiltered from the users directly to the devs, with no demographic research and priority players screwing up public opinion. Power to the people, guys! We scream, they hit buttons, and stuff changes.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

  6. #426
    Senior Member Ladylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In your tupperware
    Posts
    4,653
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    101
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

    Default

    Meh. I like that STS lets the players have a big say in where the game will go next. Tis a thing called good customer service.

  7. #427
    Member Tiliana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    A van down by the river...
    Posts
    167
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    People panic, a lot. This is why we have stock market crashes. The expression "Hold your horses" would be quite useful here. Instead of letting your emotions override you, which shows just how much self control you have. Be patient, they are working on it. Yelling at somebody doesn't make things happen any faster. If it did, I'd be yelling at people to revive faster, wouldn't I? Yelling and Trollish "constructive criticism" just bruises ego's, angers people, and in this game, gets you banned.

    Like Justg said, "Level-headed Feedback" is great.

    Trollish "Constructive Criticism" is not. Did people see how many forum members got banned for that? Some thought in posts would be appreciated, rage posting is never a good thing.
    Hey Parth,

    At the same time, many people don't frequent the forums so they were not aware of this upcoming change ahead of time. We had time to process it and know that the devs are monitoring everyone's feedback. Others were taken by surprise and therefore were angry and frustrated. Let people vent a little as long as it is not overly offensive. The devs are big boys and girls and can handle the frustrations of their customers. Even angry feedback can be constructive if you read through the emotion.

    Things will be tweaked and those who don't know, will see that the devs do listen and care about their customer's game experience.

    Tiliana - 54 Pure Int Mage & Atilian - 21 Pure Dex Archer
    Spamming the heals and living the dream once again.

  8. #428
    Member CappinClutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Noob York
    Posts
    176
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    18
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    GCD...

    It's like someone popped the hood on my 5th gen Prelude and unplugged my VTEC solenoid...

  9. #429
    Forum Adept Kaarataka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    251
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    99
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    34
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    +1 on this. The distance between the devs and the users is tiny. This process is painful and ugly, but the feedback is unfiltered from the users directly to the devs, with no demographic research and priority players screwing up public opinion. Power to the people, guys! We scream, they hit buttons, and stuff changes.
    The amount of money to take a HDD image, make a temp app in app store, set-up a test server, and invite the "elite" community to said test server is small. Sure developing from scratch is expensive but basically cloning the server and then applying the update shouldn't be terribly time consuming.

  10. #430
    ELITE
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,337
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    844
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiliana View Post
    Hey Parth,

    At the same time, many people don't frequent the forums so they were not aware of this upcoming change ahead of time. We had time to process it and know that the devs are monitoring everyone's feedback. Others were taken by surprise and therefore were angry and frustrated. Let people vent a little as long as it is not overly offensive. The devs are big boys and girls and can handle the frustrations of their customers. Even angry feedback can be constructive if you read through the emotion.

    Things will be tweaked and those who don't know, will see that the devs do listen and care about their customer's game experience.
    This is a very important point, people who didn't know are now in a state of shock. They are signing up on forums and venting, they are filling towns and crying out for change. I read the devs post about letting the dust settle, but I read more people talking about quitting in seconds than I have the entire time I've played the game. I've been around long enough to know that the devs will play around with the system and make it right, just wondering how much the community may suffer in the process.

  11. #431
    Junior Member Laviticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I honestly believe this will all be sorted out. Though I'll be the first to admit that I'm a little disappointed with how its been thus far. A lot of great suggestions have been discussed and the devs would be foolish not to take action. Many may even take a break from the game but if anyone can polish this turd of an update, its our devs! I love this game and so does everyone here or you wouldn't be complaining so much about our baby. My advice: Take a deep breath, appreciate how awesome this game has been so far and wait for the magic to happen. Cause trust me...it will happen! And when it does free high fives for everyone

  12. #432
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    71
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    I guess that I am failing to see where a problem existed. What problem does GCD address in PVE that couldn't be handled by tweaking , for example, the bosses?

  13. #433
    Forum Adept Kindread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    421
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarataka View Post
    I work in the IT field and know for a fact if they did this to a business they would lose the client. If you don't like that, then I'm sorry but you won't make it in the real world.
    Err, STS is a real business in the real world. You make like 70k and STS makes millions. I think they know how to make it in the real world. And Ladylove? How do you know how she'll do in the real world? She's cute and cute girls have an easier time in the real world lol. Kick rocks!
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

  14. #434
    Member Tiliana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    A van down by the river...
    Posts
    167
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    .And Ladylove? How do you know how she'll do in the real world? She's cute and cute girls have an easier time in the real world lol.
    It's not just her cuteness but her overwhelming charm...she'll do great in the real world.

    Tiliana - 54 Pure Int Mage & Atilian - 21 Pure Dex Archer
    Spamming the heals and living the dream once again.

  15. #435
    Forum Adept Kaarataka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    251
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    99
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    34
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Err, STS is a real business in the real world. You make like 70k and STS makes millions. I think they know how to make it in the real world. And Ladylove? How do you know how she'll do in the real world? She's cute and cute girls have an easier time in the real world lol. Kick rocks!
    I'm not interested in a flame war...

  16. #436
    Guardian of Alterra Ayrilana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,259
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    52
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
    I guess that I am failing to see where a problem existed. What problem does GCD address in PVE that couldn't be handled by tweaking , for example, the bosses?
    Reduces lag
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

  17. #437
    Forum Adept Tengotengo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    297
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CappinClutch View Post
    GCD...

    It's like someone popped the hood on my 5th gen Prelude and unplugged my VTEC solenoid...
    it's like someone gave me an awesome 386 computer and made the turbo button inoperable.

    It's like someone installed a ceiling fan in my house, but took off the speed setting. I'm assuming the lights work fine. I don't care about the reverse thing.

    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

    It's like I woke up one day and I had an extra arm in the middle of my chest, but it doesn't have an opposable thumb.

    It's like when I'm doing my extreme stunts in my flying rocket paragliding suit, but I'm not allowed to fly in the Alps; only around Fresno, CA.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

  18. #438
    Forum Adept Kindread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    421
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarataka View Post
    I'm not interested in a flame war...
    Then don't flame people.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

  19. #439
    Member tifarah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    133
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Honestly, I would just like an update before all the childish and people who "quit" in seconds leave. They might not be the greatest players but they are still there to fill an empty spot. I dont run around with "select" friends, I do have a few that run often. I give everyone a chance, just would like for there to be people left after this for said "chance". I would rather play with childish people than by myself. I have NEVER booted anyone.

  20. #440
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    GCD.

    Get used to it.

    It's not really that big of a deal, why should the developers allow you to unload all your skills in a split second. There are certain skills I think that shouldn't have a GCD; buffs and debuffs.

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •