Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1. Content Update (56936)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Branmakmorn View Post
    I like the cool down....now you have to "play" and think......not just mash buttons fast!!!!! Love the game, keep up the good work!
    There we go, entusiasm just what we need here. It does make you have to think more about what spells to use. Good job STS!!
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    There we go, entusiasm just what we need here. It does make you have to think more about what spells to use. Good job STS!!
    Not true. Do the same combos just walk slower.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am not a fan of the global cool down. I was never a button masher, i had my rythym and button timing down to a science. Now by the time i take my eyes off of the skill square im either dead or shooting nothing. My combo setup still works but if i want to do a combo i have to sacrifice heal or buffs. Also my ping is exactly the same and gameplay still plays the same as far as video lag and whatnot. I do not feel the gcd has fixed anythng other than making birds LESS lethal in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1 for the GCD...although i understand why the button mashers are up in arms.

the game lagged and was way to easy before. this was a much needed change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

,Oh ya to add, why would u add a cool down to stuff that already has a cool down? Other than that this game and you guys at space time rock, this game took over my everquest addiction, keep up the good work!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please remove that 1/2 second cool down. It really slows down the fast action that I love about the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Android fix

Quote Originally Posted by TitoAllan View Post
    Pocket Legends wont launch after patch 1.7.1. Installed the patch and when I click on the pocket legends app it doesn't launch. I rebooted my phone and it still doesn't launch. Is it just me or is anybody experiencing this?
    Had the same issue with my droid, uninstalled then went to the market downloaded again and works fine. Your account login will have to be re-entered (Email and password) but all your account details are stored on their servers so its cool.

good luck

UCDF Induction Exam Question 4563
    Q? If Riven's are dead Scorn's, dead Riven's are ? A= A good days work
    UCDF.org is online

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate the cool down ontop of a spells that already have cool down time. This makes the game less enjoyable. I am going to drop my ratings in the market do to this, I hope everyone does the same. I mean all those countless hours spent playing and now this. I'm pissed...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really enjoyed the pace of the game prior to this patch.

I've been playing MMOs for over a dozen years and this game more than any other reminded me of my first MMO love... UO. In that game, timing and speed (twitch) separated the top level gamer talent from the mediocre masses. With this patch, the game has become a slow drag. It makes me sad.

I've been here since early on, and I've made some good gaming friends - no price can be put on that. In addition, I've spent over $100 on content and platinum (without regret) so I think I've been a good customer -- the type STS would seek to retain in this game and carry to any new products they launch.

Current state, with such a major change in game play, I can't see myself playing PL much anymore. I really hope that the development team reconsiders, and/or finds alternate solutions to their scaling and server performance issues to return the game to its fast and furious state. While I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as they've quickly corrected mistakes in the past, I'm not expecting a reversal. As such, hopefully I can find another game I've enjoyed as much as this one. To STS, I'm really happy to have been part of such a fun game and to watch your success in revolutionizing mobile gaming, you've delivered an amazing mobile experience and invented a new genre in gaming.

Best,

j

Quote Originally Posted by Tiliana View Post
    It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So the join button doesnt work, no worries.......A blinding storm swept into Forest Haven making travel barely possible, roads turned to rivers and trees crashed blocking pathways. The intrepid adventurers feared they could not join with their companions and embark on their latest quest. The driving rain hammered the ground with such force that the path into the forest became a soft mud, slowing the warriors progress as he shook off the worst and pulled back his hood. Barely able to make out the way ahead his eyes shifted constantly. The storm and rain providing cover for his advancing enemies. Without his trusted Mage and his eagle eyed archer by his side he felt very alone..........

UCDF Induction Exam Question 4563
    Q? If Riven's are dead Scorn's, dead Riven's are ? A= A good days work
    UCDF.org is online

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Default Only Time Will Tell

Oops, wrong place.
    Last edited by FluffNStuff; 04-12-2011 at 09:26 PM.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi Spacetime CEO,

This is my first post.I have 3 chars chappymage, chappybear, and chappybird. I just finished 100 totems for all but bear. As soon as bear is done 30 left, I will stop or sooner if tonights experience is indicative of the future. I don't pvp due to I die before I can hit a button, so I see why the change. but for pve? The mage is useless. Throw away half the spells or you will never use them you will die.

Get rid of the 1 platinum for revive. Now you die so much and now you want people to spend...if this is the sign of things to come it is alarming.
    Remove global cooldown for pve now or you will be fired. Your gameplay stinks with it and your community will revolt and crumble if you don't personally get involved. Don't listen listen to you middle managers. listen to your irate customers. Only you can change this. Please don't let us down old wise one.

Chappy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

GCD is bringing the game down please gix and just one question....wh put the GCD anyways?! Whats was the porpouse according to your perspective cause i never found a point o it
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I spend most of my spare time on on this game, I've fought with my wife countless times just to play this game because I thought it was such a great game. I have also missed work just to play this game, but I think its time to give up this game, and my only complaint is the cool downs ontop of cool downs. I think this game had a lot of potentialsbut not at this rate...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I dont button smash i make a como and do it very quick but gcd wont let me use combos!!! Thats the problem!! Then i have o concentrate of skills are ready and thats when i get killed all of a sudden this is really bad not to be men but IMO GCD worst idea ever made by you guys actually its your first bad idea IMO
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Sure automatics are good for those who want to coast along, and it keeps people from ruining their car, but in the right hands, a manual transmission use right has soooo many advantages.
    Well said -- which EXACTLY why I want my manual back. I don't need a doggy automatic that tells me when I can shift. #justsayin

Quote Originally Posted by Tiliana View Post
    It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PL Dev.. you trying to get rich?
    Get that platinum revive crap off my screen.

Put the skill timers back in place..
    because when you wanted to cut the attack speed in half, it was rejected. Instead of reversing the change, we agreed to skill timers being updated.

PLDevs you know whos been around, which players have been devoted to the game and its development. Which players have done the bulk load of testing, feedback, bug reporting. That have directed the games direction into the top mmo that it is.
    Your undoing all we have done, to satisfy the... how to say it.. "non button mashers"

and remove the quest, I hate them.. so annoying
    Fix the drop rate in the sewers, also increase the income from enemy kills
    Also weaken the range on birds, weaken the area damage on mages.

buff Bears for warbird/hybridmage pwnage!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Deff do not like the update. But most of all I have no world map option on the login screen anymore along with not being able to join any games really makes this game way to much trouble to play if this is something that is in the process of being fixed that would b nice but having to walk from town to town is really inconvenient

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is my first post and due to the GCD I felt it was needed. I'm not angry, irrate, agitated, or any other feeling ive seen used in this thread to describe how poe feel about the GCD. I'm sad, very sad. To see such an awesome game that has been progressing so much, take a rather large (mostlikely permanent due to my experiences with this sort of thing) backwards. This game used to be About perfectly timed combos ( that I could preform on a droid ). Now I have to take a snails pace just to not be overwhelmed by a mob that doesn't fall to one lightning strike. Please guys you've done such an awesome job up until the GCD and I hope that you ( if not reformat the game to a non GCD Base) try to ease the transition alittle as I know it will be very hard for me to get the same enjoyment I got from playing before the update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation For the players of Pocket Legends!

Ok this game used to be like a drug to most people but ever since version 1.7.1 came out and global cooldown came into effect it's been irritating people to no end and everyone I know is complaining about it. It's all I hear now..."GC is annoying" or "This game sucks now." So if I were you I were you I would rethink the whole Global cooldown idea because you're going to loose alot of players or people just won't play as much. So in the interests of your players you should do something to try and help. If anyone feels the same way then say so because you need to be heard.