Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1. Content Update (56936)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haha. Kopi, don't you just hate the networks we have here.

I think it was an update that many of us have been waiting for with anticipation. But it turned out to be rather depressing as of where it stands now. No new set bonus, more difficulty induced (need to pot in BS?... Com'on!!) gcd issue, losing the face we paid for using real money if we were to get the "birthday bash" gift..

PL is a mobile device game. So what button mashing are you guys talking about previously! It's supposed to be button mashed considering the size of screen size of our mobile devices and the size of the skills buttons no bigger then 5mm in diameter! If button mashing is causing you alot of peeves in PVP and gcd is the solution for the disgrunted few. Then devs should keep it in PVP and not PVE...

With gcd, this scenario should be frequent in PVE. Party died in mob, only Mage couldn't rev coz she just castes heal. While waiting for the cooldown time to rev team members, she too gets killed by mob. Whole party died as a result. And I can see this scenerio in boss fights too which makes it more frustrating, party died and boss heals back to full health.

Some may argue that the team is lousy. You did fine with Your team of elites. But this is mobile device game! It should never be styled to play like WOW or FF Online. That's just too tiring a thing to do on a tiny screen with short battery life. And I would dare say there are more casual players then pros who do not log on for long periods of time nor do casual players have the time to log in and wait for an "elite" group to form before playing. In all sense designing a game is all about making money, with that, I'll probably be skewed towards the casual mass.

And having to pot in BS now?! Oh no... Not another elite shadow cave! Once again, how many elite players are there compared to casual players? Maybe something that used to be enjoyable so diffiuclt will just turn some of your present and future customers away.

For myself and it seems like many shared the same sentiments, PL used to be a game where we could steal minutes from our hectic lifestyles for some quick fun. Logging in when time presents itself for us to run a map or two. Hoping for a prized pink drop which is already uber rare. When we don't get the drop, it makes us come back for me knowing that we could run the maps with relative ease and fuss (minus the elite shadow cave).

With this saddening update, it seems this luxury have been robbed off. Running maps are harder and takes longer to clear, higher level of concentration is needed on a tiny screen, need to spend hard earned gold for pots to stay in a game ( giving booting without potting a valid reason).

Some friends have already stopped playing because they drop like flies at bosses in their casual runs. And I believe many people will follow suit in throwing in the towel. It's time to go back to our computers and gaming consoles for MMORPGs..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rief View Post
    To Droid users like myself the gcd really doesn't bother me as we never had multi touch and learned to play with a "cooldown" the cooldown being in touch spots. Learn to time yours skills now instead of just pressing all of them.

Excuse me? No MT? What device r u using, a pocket makup mirror? ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

PEOPLE, please. This isnt a place to complain, go to the other thread to complain.
    this is the biggest community problem in the history of this game
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Plasticuproject

Sorry STS, but until the cool down is shortened I will be giving this a one star rating in the Android Market, possibly taking a break/not buying plat and not recommending this app. Please fix this soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

ive tried to play some runs, after a few minutes its over im done, the game is slow. Ok try another time, again i dont even finish a run.
    if this doesnt change (GCD) im out of here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Saludos

Soy Yamabuki, una sacerdote de int pura. Si antes me
    costaba sobrevivir con un boss, ahora es una mision
    imposible. Ya que el countdown no me da para curaciones,
    escudo y demas magias.

Encuentro tambien molesto y nos destrozamos los ojos ,
    saber las misiones que hay realizadas en cada mapa.
    antes, estaba mas grande y claro.

Por ahora estos son los problemas, que veo, ya ire
    reportando los que surgan .

Gracias.

------------------------------------------------------

Greetings

Yamabuki'm a pure int priest. If before me
    hard time to survive with a boss, is now a mission
    impossible. As the countdown not to cure me,
    Shield and other spells.

We also find annoying and trashed the eyes,
    know the missions are performed on each map.
    before, was bigger and clearer.

For now these are the problems I see, and ire
    reporting which they arise.

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I just updated and cannot hop around to towns.....I do not have a world map?????? Where did it go?
    Also, the spellcasting is different (in a bad way). Typically you can cast several spellls in a row (combos and such)...Now, when I press a spell button on my screen, all the spell icons "darken" at the same time (like I have pressed them all)...Not sure if this makes sense, but I cannot survive in a mob at alll.....Please let me know if this is typical or just my installation and need to re-do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cajunqueen: That's part of the update.

"Pocket Legends will soon support a global 'cool-down' for all Skills.

This means that you will no longer be able to execute all of your skills at exactly the same time. (i.e. no more "Skill Spamming") All of your characters' skills will have a brief cool-down period after any skill is executed."

Here's the topic.
    Last edited by Raazesk; 04-13-2011 at 06:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't remember anyone taking issue with multiple-touch in PVE. PVP is a small percentage of the overall game population and I feel like it got implemented to satisfy the few at the expense of the many. Devs, I hope you will please announce something about adjusting the GCD or removing it before too many players leave. This game allows me the opportunity to play a mmorpg and still have time to be a Working Mom. I was very thrilled when I ran across it back in September. I could pick it up and play when a quick moment arose and it was simple enough to show my children how to play. Now, though it is still simple, it is much more time consuming. I have to have a decent team to run the Sewer maps without dying all the time ( I was a nuke Mage now I'm a single shot 30/30 rifle Mage ). The game was fun and relaxing and after a long, frustrating day at work I could play without too much concentration. The flow of the game was fantastic and rhythmic but now it is very choppy and nerve-wracking. It stresses me out more. Isn't there enough stress in our daily lives?

Tiliana - 54 Pure Int Mage & Atilian - 21 Pure Dex Archer
    Spamming the heals and living the dream once again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please return pvp back to the way it was, the pvp community is smaller but we are proud of it. My pure dex bird is getting owned by every mage because they precast their mana shield, by the time I blast their mana shield my HP is almost all the way down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    This is why it's a good update. It levels the playing field for PvP and has very little effect of PvE. Some bugs to work out? Sure. But in the end, it's what's best for everyone, give it a chance.
    I disagree...there are some pluses, but not the GCD. I am also on droid and never had muliple button pressing...which is news to me...and learned to play with the inherent skill timers. Again, if there was a problem with PvP, fix it there....do not take away from PvE which is what i only do. This is a backward step.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genes View Post
    Haha. Kopi, don't you just hate the networks we have here.

I think it was an update that many of us have been waiting for with anticipation. But it turned out to be rather depressing as of where it stands now. No new set bonus, more difficulty induced (need to pot in BS?... Com'on!!) gcd issue, losing the face we paid for using real money if we were to get the "birthday bash" gift..

PL is a mobile device game. So what button mashing are you guys talking about previously! It's supposed to be button mashed considering the size of screen size of our mobile devices and the size of the skills buttons no bigger then 5mm in diameter! If button mashing is causing you alot of peeves in PVP and gcd is the solution for the disgrunted few. Then devs should keep it in PVP and not PVE...

With gcd, this scenario should be frequent in PVE. Party died in mob, only Mage couldn't rev coz she just castes heal. While waiting for the cooldown time to rev team members, she too gets killed by mob. Whole party died as a result. And I can see this scenerio in boss fights too which makes it more frustrating, party died and boss heals back to full health.

Some may argue that the team is lousy. You did fine with Your team of elites. But this is mobile device game! It should never be styled to play like WOW or FF Online. That's just too tiring a thing to do on a tiny screen with short battery life. And I would dare say there are more casual players then pros who do not log on for long periods of time nor do casual players have the time to log in and wait for an "elite" group to form before playing. In all sense designing a game is all about making money, with that, I'll probably be skewed towards the casual mass.

And having to pot in BS now?! Oh no... Not another elite shadow cave! Once again, how many elite players are there compared to casual players? Maybe something that used to be enjoyable so diffiuclt will just turn some of your present and future customers away.

For myself and it seems like many shared the same sentiments, PL used to be a game where we could steal minutes from our hectic lifestyles for some quick fun. Logging in when time presents itself for us to run a map or two. Hoping for a prized pink drop which is already uber rare. When we don't get the drop, it makes us come back for me knowing that we could run the maps with relative ease and fuss (minus the elite shadow cave).

With this saddening update, it seems this luxury have been robbed off. Running maps are harder and takes longer to clear, higher level of concentration is needed on a tiny screen, need to spend hard earned gold for pots to stay in a game ( giving booting without potting a valid reason).

Some friends have already stopped playing because they drop like flies at bosses in their casual runs. And I believe many people will follow suit in throwing in the towel. It's time to go back to our computers and gaming consoles for MMORPGs..
    Absolutely hit the nail on the head, very well put Sir!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please give old update this is very bad, world map in menu was great and waiting on magics is bad too, please old update 1.7 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree cool down blows...can't heal as fast in times of need....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

oops I forgot...sometimes my skill doesnt work.. not cooling time.. but i thought it is some kind of freeze... really weird... good thing I didnt pressed too much to destroy my phone! well destroying my phone is another solution may be hahaha LOL

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
    Primary IGN: Elfwarden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Xyoz.

I have been playing PL for probably around 3-4 months now, maybe 5. I think its a great game and has been constantly improving. My main character is a mage. It is lvl 55 and i loved to pvp on it. However after the update, i am sorry to say, i have been very disappointed. Pvp for me was always a challenge, since there has always seemed to be a huge amount of archers high level pvping, i died alot. But after training and talking with a few mages, and a little tip off a great mage pvper, i learnt how to kill birds in 1v1.

Although people were really upset about birds using multitap and kind of cheating. I enjoyed it. It gave a great challenge to try and make them misjudge the range and fire their whole arsenal of attacks into open space.

Pvp for me was about perfect timing and judging distance. Now pvp seems about who has the most damage and armor. I have changed from my mixed stats to just full int, for dmg. I find this pretty disappointing that everyone will change to full int because its best, and not have to fiddle around finding the right mix of other attributes. Now mages also feel totally overpowered. I can kill a bird in one hit.

There is no more need for making up combos to 1v1 anymore. Global cooldown takes care of timing the combos, like with ice and fire, before you had to mentally time it before you hit fire so that the ice sticks to your target, now you can just hit the ice button and spam the fire button until the global cooldown does the job for you, and you instantly have a combo. This i find takes the fun out of pvp. It makes it alot easier for people to be good at pvp when before there was a select group that seemed to be able to dominate every match.

It feels like the general public, including me doesn't like global cooldown. If someone could clarify the actual reasons why they added global cooldown and exactly how it benefits us, i will be willing to listen even though i may not agree. However i do like a few of the updates, but not all. The new emotions are funny, and the faces are cool. Also i like how you always face your target if you are in range, that could be a very useful utility. I like the look of the new homepage but i dont' like how the only option you have is to go into a town, you cant go straight into your menu anymore. I also think they should have an option to let it still work like the last time the join button worked on a private match. To only let friends of the players in the match to join.

Space Time Studio's i hope you will take my suggestions and feedback constructively and not as criticism.
    Thank You
    Xyoz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default please change back....

This new global cool down system is making a lot of people quit the game.... as most people who have spend a lot of money on plat... we should have a say in what goes on...please fix new patch!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know where to begin....... Well here it goes, WE as players and customers of pocket legends have been gratefull of the great gaming experience that pocket legends brought. About three or four months ago a had promised never to pay for a video game ever, I would rather hack it to get it for free by either cracking patches or fooling the servers with alogarythmic keys for online playing. On the findings of pocket legends in the android market, I thought that this was just another pixalated so called 3d mmorpg. To my surprise, I was very intrigued by how good the playing quality if this game was even on a crappy 650mghz droid 1. I upgraded my phone to the htc thunderbolt just to play pocket legends more smothly. I enjoyed it even more, so much tat i decided to break my promise about nit paying for games, I was suckered in like three year old that wants his mommy and gets shut up by a nice sweet three flavor lolipop. Yesterday 4/12/2011 after a long day, I was eager to play my favorite game, pocket legends. The main screen notified me of a recent update and just like that three year old that wants his mommy, I instantly thought to myself that an update means better gameplay. After removing, reinstalling and rebooting my phone, I lauched pocket legends and hopped on to a game in the world map. My favorite level at the moment is the galactic over lord, keeper. Found some aliens to faint and to my surprise, I couldn't perfrom my combos any more. AND WHY? Iasked myself........ Well the update that was suppoused to have made my game playing experience, MADE IT 1BILLION% COMPLETELY HORRIBLY WORSE. I was VERY MAD WITH THE UPGRADE THAT ACTUALLY DOWNGRADED MY PLAYING EXPERIENCE. I, just like many other players, have payed to upgrade to other dungeons and armory for our characters, I was very disapointed at the crappy playing experience after the Global Cool Down, it should actuallt be called Global Crap Downgrade. Very disapilointed this new global crap is making me look for another mmorpg competotor that will listen to the player/cuatomer and adjust to his or her likes in the game. Well I'm pretty much done with what I wanted to express about the new cool down crap. Pocket legends if u really care about ur customers, listen to them and remove that feature. Thanks. P.s. please refrain from doing this in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why a global cool down?

1) It doesn't balance anything, because it applies to everybody.
    2) It makes combos nearly impossible.
    3) Plenty of other ways to buff/nerf things.
    - (PvE) Increase the hp, dmg, and defense of mobs & also add new def/offensive abilities. Add de-buffs to players when entering a more difficult encounter.
    - (PvP) Make it easier to farm high quality gear. Adjust dmg output scaling. Add vulnerability after x amount of time/kills.
    4)All spells & abilities are instant cast, add in latency, throw in GCD, and you have a headache.
    5) A GCD on buffs? Takes a mage a good 3 or 4 seconds to buff. Which by that time his whole party just died & or he lost the duel.

Conclusion:

A GCD mostly forces users to button mash their touch screens so they can get off an ability as soon as its ready. Before, it was a battle of quickness of mind, combo decisions, split second buffs! Reaction times were everything, and it was exhilarating!
    Now, one spends more time on tapping their touch screen than they do on actual game-play.
    Or to even enjoy the game, the environment, and community...
    To be honest, I feel confident that these problems will be addressed. It would be pure negligence otherwise, and I have faith that these Devs aren't like that. They did make a freakin' awesome game, remember...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

update is fine... APART FROM THE GLOBAL COOL DOWN, I MEAN MOST PEOPLE I ASKED HATED IT PLZ CAHNGE BACK, PLZZZZZ

EDIT: i agree with dyclonius
    Last edited by GELLIO77; 04-13-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: agreeing with dyclonius