Thread: Disable damage buff from pets for ALL in pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Default Disable damage buff from pets for ALL in pvp

When the 10% damage nerf was put on rogues in pvp, it was a situation where we had no damage gems, tank gear did not have damage stat, and very few damage bonus pets were accessible. In that situation, the nerf on rogues in pvp was required and sts did a good job of trying to balance things at that time.

Now as time has passed, damage is something every class can have. It is not limited to rogues. A tank stacking paracelsus stones with high pet bonus damage pet is always preferred over a nerfed rogue with no pet dmg in pvp. I am talking about twink levels (under 15, for example level 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14) and endgamers who do not really twink please do not derail the topic. I am not talking about endgame and higher levels here.

As we know rogues do not get the damage buff from pets because the system is such that the 10% damage nerf on rogues in pvp overrides the buffs. So rogues, especially twink rogues are badly affected in the current situation. In clashes, rogues cannot do the damage required and tanks are frequently swapped in to replace rogues in pvp, because tanks now have the damage (from paracelsus gems, from their gear, from nightshades) combined with hp and armor and fast mana recovery from vb. One might say that rogues have 250% crit in aimed shot, but that is feebled most of the time by the 2 sec cd Chest splitter...

Paracelsus gemmed items are around and damage jewels are coming soon. To be fair to all classes, I would like to request sts to consider disabling the damage buff from pets for ALL classes in pvp, why only rogue? It would be fine even if this done for only low levels. Yes endgame maxed rogues are doing fine even without the pet bonus dmg but that is because they are maxed and its endgame/higher levels. The issue is in low levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I agree,it's pretty much impossible to kill A Singe or even Yowie tank,coming from a lvl 15 rogue.Tanks are dam hard to kill.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Someone suggested in another thread scaling the damage nerf for rogues. Like 2.5% for 10 and under, 5% for 20 and under, and so on.

Removing pet buffs for all players is not the solution IMO.

Anyway at endgame, rogues are doing perfectly fine. They would just become ridiculously OP if no other class got damage % buffs, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Uhmmm lol? A tank with 10 paras will still be less preferred than a rogue with nerfed damage...

Tanks don't have aimed shot which makes them way worse at dealing damage.

Ps: grawp your a nab, good rogues can crit 1-1,4k on a tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    Uhmmm lol? A tank with 10 paras will still be less preferred than a rogue with nerfed damage...

Tanks don't have aimed shot which makes them way worse at dealing damage.
    You probably play a tank. I can see why you would disagree. But every twink knows that mages and rogues are constantly swapped out for tanks in pvp. Stacking tanks is a trend now. Talking about twink pvp, rogue crit is so overrated. It is only a 'chance' to crit, not 100%, not 50%, not 40%. Lets say a maxed twink rogue has 30% crit with stacking. Just 20-30% CHANCE to crit. But then most pets debuff crit. Chest splitter debuffs crit. Axe throw debuffs crit. When will rogues crit when a good tank is feebling them every 2 sec? In the precious nano-second between a chain of feebles, rogues should atleast have enough damage to do more than tickle. But that is another matter. The issue is pvp rogues are not receiving their pet dmg and so it is only fair that other classes should also not have such a huge advantage.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 05-24-2015 at 11:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    You probably play a tank. I can see why you would disagree. But every twink knows that mages and rogues are constantly swapped out for tanks in pvp. Stacking tanks is a trend now. Talking about twink pvp, rogue crit is so overrated. It is only a 'chance' to crit, not 100%, not 50%, not 40%. Lets say a maxed twink rogue has 30% crit with stacking. Just 20-30% CHANCE to crit. But then most pets debuff crit. Chest splitter debuffs crit. Axe throw debuffs crit. When will rogues crit when a good tank is feebling them every 2 sec? In the precious nano-second between a chain of feebles, rogues should atleast have enough damage to do more than tickle. But that is another matter. The issue is pvp rogues are not receiving their pet dmg and so it is only fair that other classes should also not have such a huge advantage.
    Lmao, if rogues are switched for tanks it just means that your enemy sucks and needs more hp and better heals...
    Tanks aren't stacked because they're killers but because they can survive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

a blanket pet damage nerf on all low level twinks would be a bad move for mages in class balancing.

Overweightank

Go To endgame. And tell me Rogues shouldn't be nerfed... Js...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    You probably play a tank. I can see why you would disagree. But every twink knows that mages and rogues are constantly swapped out for tanks in pvp. Stacking tanks is a trend now. Talking about twink pvp, rogue crit is so overrated. It is only a 'chance' to crit, not 100%, not 50%, not 40%. Lets say a maxed twink rogue has 30% crit with stacking. Just 20-30% CHANCE to crit. lvl 17 rogues with a crit pet will have 23-24 crit base stats. Add on the stacking from aimed shot and its 44-54% crit. And aimed shot has an insanely short cooldown so they can crit pretty often. Not to mention lurid/umbral procs.But then most pets debuff crit. Chest splitter debuffs crit. Axe throw debuffs crit. When will rogues crit when a good tank is feebling them every 2 sec? most pets debuff crit? Other than blinky and nightshade I cant think of any other pets that debuff crit. That statement is just wrong. And if a rogue is getting hit by axe throw then they are laughably bad and should be swapped out.In the precious nano-second between a chain of feebles, rogues should atleast have enough damage to do more than tickle. But that is another matter. The issue is pvp rogues are not receiving their pet dmg and so it is only fair that other classes should also not have such a huge advantage.
    And as for the last statement, in order to even out the classes I think warriors skyward smash should start critting for 1k+ at lvl 17. Afterall, its only fair right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    And as for the last statement, in order to even out the classes I think warriors skyward smash should start critting for 1k+ at lvl 17. Afterall, its only fair right?
    No, chest splitter please xD that skill cools down faster I wanna destroy my oponents during vb xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

An uncharged CS is already too OP for a L10 mage. Where is the class balance here?
    I wish I were me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Maunyabastian For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

If twink rogues get a buff after sorc twinks have been begging for one since basically forever, I will have no faith in this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imjebus View Post
    If twink rogues get a buff after sorc twinks have been begging for one since basically forever, I will have no faith in this game.
    Probably you have not been active recently, I would like to inform that sorcerers' shield got a buff not very long ago. It gives stun/bleed etc immunity now. I play a mage too and I am loving this new buff. But that is off topic and my thread is not related to sorcerer buffs.

I am suggesting that something should be done to compensate for a twink rogue's pet dmg-loss in pvp. Times have changed. Tanks no longer are damage-deprived.