You may need to change your build somewhat to take advantage of the para gem. I don't know much about warrior builds or skills, but on my level 10 sorcerer I have 7 para gems and really high damage. But since para gems give no base stats or health, my health is lower than most and my shield is not as strong as most other sorcerers at that level. It means I am more squishy than most.

Most sorcerers at level 10 use curse. However, curse does not take into account the damage of the sorcerer, but only the damage of the enemy being cursed. Therefore, if you have high damage and you use curse, it does nothing more than if you had low damage. So because of that, it is a waste of having high damage if you use curse. However, lifegiver which heals and gives mana scales based on your damage. So my heal is very good compared to other sorcerers. Same with damage skills like frost and lightning.

So you need to understand the mechanics of your skills and choose skills and skill upgrades that better take advantage of your higher damage build.