Thread: Para Stone Bug in PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Para Stone Bug in PvP

Okay guys here's my story

I have a level 12 twink warrior for PvP (obviously). Like everyone else, I started out as a noob farming hard to get better gear. My first good set was the hellish set which I really liked, but my problem was that it gave little mana. I asked around and discovered that Ancient set is the best armor for my level. After grinding for sometime, I was able to afford the helm and armor. To cut the long story short, over a 4 month span, I was able to turn my twink into a serious boss! My last purchase was Storm Sword of Pot which is the best weapon IMO. My total damage was 101.2 with nightshade pet. At this stage when I played against other warriors with identical gear, we would come very close in HP. That's when I decided to take a big leap and gemmed my sword with my para. I was soo supped! My DMG was a remarkable 118.7!! I couldn't wait to go to PvP and demolish other warriors is 1vs1. So I get into PvP and challenge my friend that had an identical gear except para. His DMG was close to what mine used to be (100.8) so we start and this guy is toe to toe with me same HP level and everything. I asked him what his build was and he told me (full venge/ CS/ Sky smash.. stun upgrade/ Horn.. Protective shield) Which was exactly the same build as me. So we vs 15 more times with almost identical results. I grew frustrated because stats wise, my DMG should be eating up his HP... We had the same pets (Nightshade) and I had slightly more armor (not saying how much) I then left lobby and ran around PvP looking for wars to vs. I found about 8 more that I versused all with SS no para and 3 of them were able to beat me. So can anyone tell me what the hell is going on? Is the para just their to make my stats look pretty or does it actually take effect? 100.8 vs 118.7.... I should be zapping this dudes HP man! Please someone, anyone, make sense of this to me? This has to be a bug, and it needs to get squashed ASAP!!!! Feel free to leave your thoughts on this, thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Try vs again and check how much dmg you do vs how much dmg they do(not from hp, see those red numbers flying over head),it will tell whether para is bugged or no? I dont think it is bugged though

Nice Art
    Need help?
    Guardian2:Tank ; Guardian3:Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

War Vs war is about skills + gear. Stuns play crucial role in warrior duels.
    Your friend lacked damage but had better skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Maybe your not good at pvp and they are good

rouge-Princessloves-46
    mage-Queenloves-41

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Para gem is nerfed in pvp the dmg is less in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Maybe u charge cs and ss?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

You may need to change your build somewhat to take advantage of the para gem. I don't know much about warrior builds or skills, but on my level 10 sorcerer I have 7 para gems and really high damage. But since para gems give no base stats or health, my health is lower than most and my shield is not as strong as most other sorcerers at that level. It means I am more squishy than most.

Most sorcerers at level 10 use curse. However, curse does not take into account the damage of the sorcerer, but only the damage of the enemy being cursed. Therefore, if you have high damage and you use curse, it does nothing more than if you had low damage. So because of that, it is a waste of having high damage if you use curse. However, lifegiver which heals and gives mana scales based on your damage. So my heal is very good compared to other sorcerers. Same with damage skills like frost and lightning.

So you need to understand the mechanics of your skills and choose skills and skill upgrades that better take advantage of your higher damage build.