Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP feedback thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate when I have just died in Capture the Flag and 2 players are in my base, both mages or archers and they kill us with combos when we respawn. There needs to be a protection around us for at least 5 seconds for us to get on our feet because I've gotten at least +200 more deaths than I just. My ratio was 6-1. Now its 2-9.
    Arcanastorm 54 Bird
    CosmosJ 55 Mega Mage (In need of Lv55 MM Bracer)
    Balkyor 15 Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Xyoz.

I have been playing PL for probably around 3-4 months now, maybe 5. I think its a great game and has been constantly improving. My main character is a mage. It is lvl 55 and i loved to pvp on it. However after the update, i am sorry to say, i have been very disappointed. Pvp for me was always a challenge, since there has always seemed to be a huge amount of archers high level pvping, i died alot. But after training and talking with a few mages, and a little tip off a great mage pvper, i learnt how to kill birds in 1v1.

Although people were really upset about birds using multitap and kind of cheating. I enjoyed it. It gave a great challenge to try and make them misjudge the range and fire their whole arsenal of attacks into open space.

Pvp for me was about perfect timing and judging distance. Now pvp seems about who has the most damage and armor. I have changed from my mixed stats to just full int, for dmg. I find this pretty disappointing that everyone will change to full int because its best, and not have to fiddle around finding the right mix of other attributes. Now mages also feel totally overpowered. I can kill a bird in one hit.

There is no more need for making up combos to 1v1 anymore. Global cooldown takes care of timing the combos, like with ice and fire, before you had to mentally time it before you hit fire so that the ice sticks to your target, now you can just hit the ice button and spam the fire button until the global cooldown does the job for you, and you instantly have a combo. This i find takes the fun out of pvp. It makes it alot easier for people to be good at pvp when before there was a select group that seemed to be able to dominate every match.

It feels like the general public, including me doesn't like global cooldown. If someone could clarify the actual reasons why they added global cooldown and exactly how it benefits us, i will be willing to listen even though i may not agree. However i do like a few of the updates, but not all. The new emotions are funny, and the faces are cool. Also i like how you always face your target if you are in range, that could be a very useful utility. I like the look of the new homepage but i dont' like how the only option you have is to go into a town, you cant go straight into your menu anymore. I also think they should have an option to let it still work like the last time the join button worked on a private match. To only let friends of the players in the match to join.

Space Time Studio's i hope you will take my suggestions and feedback constructively and not as criticism.
    Thank You
    Xyoz

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Devs I think there's a glitch in combos it get stuck a lot n somtimes when u do shoot them it still shows that skills there but there not pls look in to this n make it just a litte faster combos so it gets balanced for all chars got used to this now // hmmhmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like to see the opponents HP and LVL.

I get asked so many times what is my lvl and for hp i would like to see how well i do against the opponents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

are pure ints better than dex int dual spec for pvp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There should also be a 5 second spawn right after u die and u could also add a option were
    U press a button after u die and there is a instant replay
    BTY devs r u thinking about making another class or staying with the basic
    3?
    Thx
    IGN: fizzzzpop lv 55 mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I think the new level caps are silly! I am level 10 twink and i can join level 7 in pvp . Then its so easy to beat em because they cant wear strong weapons like christmas or platinum weapons!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

5levelGap= fair IMO. Let's you duel enough players. Or you'll be extinct.
    Spawn Invincibility= Not needed. You spawn at different areas in pvp. And in ctf, their buff wears off so they're useless.
    These two arguments are invalid lol.

Recommended=STAKES! You bet in cash, Opponent bets in cash, or item, both click agree button, then countdown and START. Winner of Game gets the stake. You get to choose games from 1-10rounds?
    Level50 Bear CelticStyle: Full Rift
    Level50 Mage Acousticks:Cosmos
    Level35 Mage AcouCheoBoom: PvpChar
    Level30 Bear AcouCheoBooom: PvpChar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadsoldiers View Post
    I think the new level caps are silly! I am level 10 twink and i can join level 7 in pvp . Then its so easy to beat em because they cant wear strong weapons like christmas or platinum weapons!
    Their fault for not leveling up. If they stay at 7, then they chose it :P
    Level50 Bear CelticStyle: Full Rift
    Level50 Mage Acousticks:Cosmos
    Level35 Mage AcouCheoBoom: PvpChar
    Level30 Bear AcouCheoBooom: PvpChar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is no "new lvl cap" there has always been a 5 lvl gap btwn hosts and joined players.

More on Celticstyle's idea...

I defiantly think there should be a 1v1 arena. Most of the time in PvP people only do 1v1 anyway, or at least try to haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The new cooldown system makes it harder to use skills in tight situations, like when i wanna use evade but it wont allow me to use it even if i press lots of times, and i end up getting blasted by combos and all that stuff. Im not sure if its an error or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you dont have skills mapped to display thats all that happened

thanks ladylove zomgitznaynay level 51 str/dex bird, naynayizhere level 26 int mage,naynayftw level 18 str bear, my newest account which im racing to 56on is Xiizdexmagex feel free to add me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I forayed into the realm of PvP in the CtF game and discovered some things that will keep me from probably ever playing CtF again. I see other complaints about this too so I hope some changes are made. As a pvp n00b I was getting pwned as soon as I respawned, with no chance to even press an attack button before I was dead again. The spawn zone should be a safe zone with numerous exits onto the map so that they can't all be blocked by enemy players. Otherwise players can defensively camp in the spawn zone, pinning you down while one other team member freely runs the flag back, racking up a score.

In general, it seems that PvP needs some sort of balancing, experience wise. Level doesn't do it because you can stay at whatever level you choose, but kills shows a pretty good measure of how good you are. Getting more kills should put you into a higher bracket of players to some degree so that a fresh new player doesn't get matched against a PvP expert with 100,000 kills. I mean, is there even a challenge once you have become a master? What's the point for you guys? Anyway, pick any game or sport you want and I find it no fun at all to be immediately matched up against masters while I'm learning how to play.

I think I'll stick to PvE where I enjoy life.
    PL: Jemnus - Lvl 54 Archer; Nasoji - Lvl 54 Enchanter; CaptainUrsa - Lvl 35 Bear;
    AL: Jemnidad - Lvl 30 Sorceror; Starkazm - Lvl 13 Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JemNI View Post
    In general, it seems that PvP needs some sort of balancing, experience wise. Level doesn't do it because you can stay at whatever level you choose, but kills shows a pretty good measure of how good you are. Getting more kills should put you into a higher bracket of players to some degree so that a fresh new player doesn't get matched against a PvP expert with 100,000 kills. I mean, is there even a challenge once you have become a master? What's the point for you guys? Anyway, pick any game or sport you want and I find it no fun at all to be immediately matched up against masters while I'm learning how to play.

I think I'll stick to PvE where I enjoy life.
    I like the kills idea, but that would make it difficult for joining games... maybe if there where a more easy to find auto-join pvp portal, you could introduce the idea of sorting by kills there. that way, you can either join any game you like or automatically get placed in a decent game with players of similar experience.
    as for a high kill player joining a game... maybe like this:
    0-1000 kills can join any game freely
    1000< can join only games hosted by players with 500 or more kills
    i myself am at 474 kills and 475 deaths (grrr not even) and now can pretty much play PvP half decently with my mage, so making numbers experience-wise.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah, something like that. Or a "Kiddy Pool" where only players with less than 100 kills are allowed. LOL.

I had another thought about CtF because there seems to be a focus among some players on the kills in that game, so they camp on the respawn zone. If you took kills away and put the focus on flag captures. In addition, once a flag is captured and brought home, reset the players back to their home zone. That's the way I've played CtF in real life. Once you capture it and score, you reset so players can recover and people near the other base have to return.
    PL: Jemnus - Lvl 54 Archer; Nasoji - Lvl 54 Enchanter; CaptainUrsa - Lvl 35 Bear;
    AL: Jemnidad - Lvl 30 Sorceror; Starkazm - Lvl 13 Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One thing that would make it better is adding the ability to let hosts inspect others. This way, we could boot people faster, make friends faster, and plainly, things would be less complicated. Please take this into consideration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Who can help me on pvp with bird 40¿ dext

Im noob i just started to pvp and everybody kills me what eq should i use and combos? please help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I started playing pvp the other day and have put together a respectable 3-43 record. I must be going against level 50's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

full Dex birds have a very low chance of winning against int or str until they reach lv55, str has a lot of health, int [mage-int] heals and has mana shield which gives dex a hard time.
    im a lv51 dex bird and when i play against lv46-56 int, str or lv53-56 dex i get owned fast, i mean bears can combo me and i die, i can break a lv56 mages mana shield but they just heal and combo me to finish me off, [Ive combod some mages 2-3 times and they still dont die because they heal before my powers regen] i might just suck at pvp, but dex do have the lower hand, if you dont one hit your opponent, you're going to die.

i would like to see better armor for dex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with what everyone is saying, need to have a 3 second invincible moment at the start of a match, and after a respawn. Then, it would make PVP a whole lot more fun if you gave us like 3000 health so it would be more strategic gameplay rather than a Mage coming up with a mana shield and whooping your a**! Don't get me wrong, every character is capable of some serious damage, but it is all about the skills, and it shouldn't be. We need to have a longer fight. From all of the updates, I know you are on top of things and making things better and different, so I won't complain, I'm just putting my suggestion out there.