Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP feedback thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Default Official PvP feedback thread

It is fast, it is nuts, and how can we make it better?

Please keep this thread focused on specific feedback and suggestions... thanks!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Allow us to cast Evade while moving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Lag lag lag lag

Also dieing in 5 seconds is not fun. No chance to be strategic.

Weapons are not equal, currently ranged items own all.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

What is your typical ping?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

100-200, but atm I cant play at all, game starts but the running armor guy never goes away...not the only one here either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Respawns are bad. You get respawned in between the other team. I have died numerous times because of that.
    The two words that show off ones truly horrific values - Epic and Fail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaconKing View Post
    Allow us to cast Evade while moving.
    Yes.

Also the joystick is still visible on the end of round summary page.

Its a bit crazy at the minute but it has a lot of potential. Capture the flag would be immense.

EDIT: That being said, fantastic job on 1.2 guys.

I'm really curious to see how pvp turns out and can't wait until the rest of Legends wakes up so we can pwn.
    Last edited by Dizko; 05-25-2010 at 12:02 AM.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,439 Posts

Trying to reproduce the inability to get into a dungeon.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Try creating a pvp, cant get past the loading screen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lag Lag
    especially fighting or just resurrecting, it's like around 2000+

also there is a problem with my skill showing on main screen
    some of them just disappeared (before update it could show 3 lines)
    I deleted app and reinstalled it, but doesn't work

my warrior

my enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

killing and dieing way to easy..... Less than 5 sec., needs to be more competitive. Love the new trade system and power ups tho. :-)
    Legendary Loso

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thats because it now only shows skills you have points into.

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,439 Posts

It will only show ranked skills.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

1) Respawns
    They suck.. Sorry. I respawn, and before I can even move sometimes I am at half health or dead. There is a long delay from when you hit respawn and when you can actually control your character. Also why am I respawning right next to an enemy? That should be the number one NoNo.. When I actually am able get out and fight, it is fun. But half of all kills is someone getting the first shot right after you spawn.

2) Auto Attack or Attacking in general
    Auto attack for melee still blows.. I loose it all the time.
    Also how can you allow ranged (bow and staff people) to shoot while running away from their target? They don't even need to stop to be able to hit me with their stuff, but I have to stop in order to cast evade?

3) Automatically switch up the maps
    When we are doing 3v3 or 5v5, and hit replay we get thrown into the same map. Allow us to switch it up. After each round is over automatically change the map up. Or at least give us the option to switch the map. Since there is no grouping it is kind of rough to get everyone you want to play with, or against, in the same room. Switching maps could potentially become a pain.

That is really all I have for right now. The only other issue is currently being looked at by you guys, and that the running man loading screen bug. When PvP isn't about being spawn camping it is fun, but when you are getting killed as soon as or right after you spawn it is no fun.

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,439 Posts

When you respawn, it's supposed to pick the respawn point with the fewest number of enemies nearby. Sounds like it's not working. We'll get it fixed for tomorrow's update.

We can also fix it so you can cast Evade while moving.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You guys have an awesome record as far as fixing and updating, so of course I will be very patient. I'm sure you know about the real bugs, so I'll just offer some suggestions:

From what I could gather (now that I can't join any games, which has been mentioned) as far as the spawning, I think if there is a short period of invincibility it could help.

Also have different spawn locations for each team. At the beginning of the round, I will spawn, wait a couple seconds, and an opponent will spawn in the same place.

Finally, we don't have enough health. Croc's have a TON of health (2 or 3 thousand?), but I for one have 251. So two normal hits from bear will kill me, a stomp will kill me right away (without evade). Maybe for whatever our health is in PvE games, add a zero on the end? 2510 would give me a better chance at survival, it would also create more strategy for the other team.

You guys are awesome at updating, so I'm sure you will get everything done very quickly. That being said, there is a bit of an angry mob forming in at least one of the townes.

Thanks for all of your hard work, and I expect great things in the future.

Edit: Thanks for the evade moving thing. I was so upset when I had to keep stopping, lol.
    Last edited by HectorCruz; 05-25-2010 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Beckon works about a quarter of the time (do you have to be motionless for it to work in PvP?), no damage is shown above enemy to see if you are connecting hits, and archers and enchantresses keep getting beefed while the warrior is a lame duck. Pretty frustrating - switched to play PvE and you can no longer target. Epic fail.
    Rannos - 35 Warrior
    Applicant of Venom
    venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are the most important issues at the launch of PvP in 1.2 -

[in no particular order of importance, and off the top of my head]

#1 - Bows too overpowered in general. Range is clearly the only viable way to do damage in a game where 1 or 2 shots can kill anyone. This involves pillar hugging, LoS cheesing, and coordinated rushes in which individual players [or PUGs] have literally no chance to react. This leads to mindless and predictable PvP, even though the goal is for it to be as dynamic as possible given the limitations of there only being 3 classes, etc.

#2 - Damage mitigation needs to be tweaked. Without sounding too abstract, it is difficult to tell where the problem of 1-2 shots is stemming from. My first assumption is that it is on purpose and is to be dealt with later on with more efficient gear / level cap / stat points / skill points to allocated. My second assumption is that it could be dealt with by either increasing damage mitigation in relation to Armor, ala either an Armor mechanic tweak or by buffing Armor across the board globally via gear updates. The third idea is the opposite of the previous, wherein either the DPS mechanic itself or weapons in general are nerfed to reduce damage and circumvent changing damage mitigation as is. Any of these are viable and practical for PL, possibly a hybrid. Natural progression of the game itself would point towards the first assumption, where the problems seen in terms of PvP combat numbers are overcome by more practical and useful gear and more character flexibility at higher levels [with more skill / stat points to utilize].

#3 - Respawns need a 3 second invuln buff. Simple. Could also consider different spawn points, 'bases' etc.

#4 - The Ref. What gives? Absolutely borks the ____ out of some rounds.

#5 - Are the PvP power-ups being shown on screen as a buff or in any manner on the HUD? If not, something to consider. Timer would be nice for buffs / powerups, but maybe I'm missing this.

#6 - Red text in the "Join PvP game" screen too difficult to read. Contrasts bad against the blue background of the game in this particular section of the UI. Just make it WHITE like the rest of the games listed in any other section of the "Join Game" UI.

#7 - No way to see who is in the current game, who is on the opposite team. This makes beginning a match difficult without someone messing up or the chat box being spammed. As is, most people just gung-ho right from the start and this can bork entire rounds.

#8 - Some sort of trigger in order to begin the round. Otherwise it is difficult to start a legitimate round. I know it's sort of casual and all, but a simple "ready!" would be nice that would count down from 3 and let the actual round start. Before hand no deaths / kills should count, or people should be invuln until it starts.

These are just off the top of my head. So far it is a total blast, but also falls short in the context of structure. Feels more like a jump-in, jump-out type of endeavor. This is wonderful for logistics and accessibility in a meta sense; everybody will get a chance to get in a knock some heads around... but there needs to be more structure to give PvP a sense of legitimacy and organization [for those that wish to play that way]. Thanks Spacetime, you guys rock and are on your way to making PL the best game. It may seem like a long way to go, and sure it is just a phone game, but this is really pushing the edge as far as mobile gaming and MMOs in general are concerned. If you guys make this work smooth and get everything to come together [which we, the players, already see happening] then you will have something very special in your hands. To the rest of you, I'll heal ya if you're on my team and run away if you aren't. WOOT!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j46g629h View Post
    Lag Lag
    especially fighting or just resurrecting, it's like around 2000+

also there is a problem with my skill showing on main screen
    some of them just disappeared (before update it could show 3 lines)
    I deleted app and reinstalled it, but doesn't work

my warrior

my enchantress
    This skill bug happens to my bear (name: Dootbear), as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pures feedback on PvP.

PvP is great!! I think when it comes to PvP it's all about how your skills are used. In this case a warrior can own 3-4 people in one blow. I've done it already so it's possible. Also Bow-Bears at this point own everyone.

My inputs are maybe when starting a pvp match give all players x3-4 health... This would make pvp last alot longer and give it more skill rather then spam your skills. I also believe with that being said that maybe boost mana as well 2-3x when entering a PvP dungeon. I know it's a pain with all of the code changes needed but I think more people would play.

With all this being said..... Great Job Devs.... 1.2 is (at this point) the best update so far. I love PvP and can't wait to see what is done with the potential PvP has.

P.S
    You guys are awesome!!
    Purearch ~lvl45 Archer~
    Xxstrpurexx ~lvl19 Str Twinky~
    Purehealz ~lvl45 Pally~
    Purehealztwo ~lvl19 Int Twinky