Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP feedback thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a suggestion

When you just respawn, there should be like 3 seconds or more that the other team players can't attack you,

or within 3 seconds if you are killed by the other team players, then it won't count
    (e.g. pvp in world of warcraft)
    Last edited by j46g629h; 05-25-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Um. I can't find any PvP games in the list? Are there many going on?
    Live in the south of England? Want a FREE guitar lesson? Please visit http://www.guitarlon.moonfruit.com for more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A few things....

First off, I love it. I am having a blast. You guys rock.

2. I heartily concur with a substantial pvp health boost. I would love to see battles drawn out more, allowing group coordination, reaction time, strategies, and tactics. That would dramatically boost the overall pvp experience.

3. There seems to be a bug with stun. On my character, when I am hit with beckon or wind up stunned from a skill, I cannot move... but I CAN pop off skills. So if I am running around with my bow bear and a warrior beckons me, I cant run away but I CAN pop off iron blood and evade, and then stomp the warrior away... all before my stun wears off. To my thinking, if I am stunned, I should not be able to do anything at all until the stun wears off.

4. Lastly, bow bears are dramatically overpowered. don't get me wrong... I love my bow bear, and I enjoy chewing off faces... but the following should not be possible (Caeryk is my bow bear, lev 31 in green gear):

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Bows are not over-powered. Warriors just have to be smart.
    Range always has the initial advantage in any pvp game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a bow bear,

tank bear still can kill me in second and they are not that easy to be killed

I don't think bow bear is overpower, just have the advantage of attack speed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

can sum1 explain where to find the free 2v2 map. I've tried creating one but it's not listed. I want to try before purchasing
    Live in the south of England? Want a FREE guitar lesson? Please visit http://www.guitarlon.moonfruit.com for more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well i was hope we can fight a little bit i think the ppl die to fast my archer got 3 attacks (dmg skills) when i use all 3 Only a tank dont die.

Maybe increse amor and pve mob dmg or something.
    U have create much diffrent maps thats very well

thx.
    JoeRoe -35 Mage
    Jojoe. -35 Archer
    Jayjoe. -35 Warrier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

constructive crit

- lagging like crazy
    - anyone using a bow regradless class has advantage
    - respawing in the middle of battles hense instant death
    - other bugs which i know ur aware of like constant running man
    - cannot host any games besides PvP
    - cannot join any games unless PvP
    - touch screen on the game seems less responsive (or is that just me?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the PVP seem very unbalanced (esp for mages) and very short-lived. the matches and even 'lives' dont last long enough to make it enjoyable to all.

spawning needs better logic and/or immune time to give a starting chance.
    adding more health or figuring out a different hitpoints/damage/armor system could help make matches longer and more strat involved. (liked the idea of adding "0" to HP to boost up ie adding one thousand.)
    mages need some love, they are very squishy.
    cannot seem to join townes (yea this isnt exaclty pvp related)

overall interesting update, pvp is kinda cool, but certainly needs alot of tweaking. Thanks for all your hard work devs and STS (spacetime studios). Great product.
    Community, keep the constructive criticism and ideas coming, its the only way they will know what we expect and would like in Pocket Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Right now I kinda prefer the 3v3 maps over 5v5 cu of less lag and also I last longer then 5 sec and ther actually a little bit of strategy involved otherwise it's pretty fun and ctf wuld be way funner imo. And I really don't thinkbow bears are overpowered. I die as much as anyone else. But I do think ranged is way to easy lol ppl wif daggers or swords jus die before they get to me....and also I don't lik being spawned killed lik 5 times in a row so annoying..
    Last edited by Laska; 05-25-2010 at 09:59 AM.
    x-x----- XLaska lvl 35 r -----x-x
    ---xRaWr is how i say I love you in dinosaur--x---

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

AGREE, so far Respawns are the worse part of PvP, people just stay around the entrance and kill you as soon as you respawn. How about random respawn locations????

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaconKing View Post
    1) Respawns
    They suck.. Sorry. I respawn, and before I can even move sometimes I am at half health or dead. There is a long delay from when you hit respawn and when you can actually control your character. Also why am I respawning right next to an enemy? That should be the number one NoNo.. When I actually am able get out and fight, it is fun. But half of all kills is someone getting the first shot right after you spawn.
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    It will only show ranked skills.

-ALS
    nice, this is actually helpful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

most of the ideas being flowed around here are pretty accurate. I wasn't able to enter any games last night so i'm going to hold off on my major suggestions or ideas and just share initial experiences..

After playing a few rounds with each of my characters, i'll say that each class can get kills, but bows obviously have the advantage. Two handers were way too hard to use, as the swing time was so slow compared to other weapons that only slashes were effective.

The biggest two issue i can see just from the onset spawning randomly and on your enemy, and fights end in 2-3 hits. Health and armor are almost meaningless. If i pop all of my buffs on my warrior before entering combat, i can survive a bit longer to get the kill, but there isn't even enough time to use them once a fight has started. Beckon is also unreliable, affected by lag, and easily overwhelmed by stomp and knock-back. Enchantress heal can make a big difference sometimes.. but the fights go so fast it generally can't save your team mate. Seems to me like everything needs to be slowed down.. damage, certain cool-downs, stun effects.

I love that pvp is in the game, but the amount of tweaking it needs is so great that its going to require everything about the game to change, including player/mob pve interaction.
    Last edited by Azrael; 05-25-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Health and Mana need to go WAY up, I would guess around 3k each would be a good number, that way attacks would not kill in 1 shot. Also add more damage and heals from the current skills. Everything needs a buff, but health and mana need it the most. I think it was a good release. Just needs some major tweaking. There needs to be Bases on each side that are inaccessible to the other team and you have 4 seconds to be invulnerability in your base before you are kicked to right outside. Also make the maps much bigger so that base camping will be much less of an issue. No power ups at all, these do not make the game even, it is basically who is the first character to make it to the power up wins. Battles need to last like minutes not seconds.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with a lot that has been said-- it was a good initial release-- with some tweaking I can tell PVP is going to be a lot of fun.

Xanthia made a great point about hit point / mana pools. Perhaps with each level characters get like 10-15 hit points and 10-15 mana-- Str and Int could probably also give more hp/mana per point to help people specialize better (tanks have way more hit points because of strength, casters way more mana...)

One other thing: dodge and crit rates are WAY too high. Having archers approaching 70% crit with 50% dodge is a little un-balanced. As an Enchanter (yes, I'm the only male Enchanter) my only defense is my manashield, when that's burned through with 1 shot I'm left useless with no mana anyway. Bears and Birds have massive mitigation abilities that enhance their survivability a lot.

I've only played PVP for a day now so I'm sure I'll have a lot more specific suggestions-- great initial release!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I guessed we'd need more health.

Too fast paced. The only thing close to 'tactics' at the minute seems to be sticking together.

Infact I was in a 3v3 match (actually 2v2) and it was me on my archer and another dude as a tank. We started this system where he would run in and start hitting while I root the enemy and hit from range.

We could get 2 or 3 kills before his health was too low and he got killed. The shortly after I'd get beckoned in and ka'pwned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was going to state that I'm 2 shotting chickens right now with my bear, which while fun, gets old quickly. However, I've noticed you updated the arenas for players to do less damage now. Looking forward to longer matches

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After playing a bit more this morning, I agree with most of the points in this thread.
    HP/MP pools are almost unchanged from lvl 1 to lvl 30. And getting 1 shotted as I'm spawning sucks quite a bit.
    Turning seems more difficult with the skills book open. Even when I'm using screen area that is not covered.
    A health bar over your current target would be nice.
    Tap targeting would be even better.
    Spells and attacks while stunned seems like a no-no.
    Syacoff - lvl 35 Archer - Alterra
    Sahdatay - lvl 35 Bowchantress - Alterra
    Thumbo - lvl 10 Bearzerker (Leaving him low on purpose. Wanna check out low lvl PvP too)

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,439 Posts

We reduced PvP damage in the latest content update. Give it a try and post feedback here (or in the 47406 Content Update thread).

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok 1. Thx for turn the dmg lower.

But a tank reggs more than he lose lol

u guys do a real good job u listen to the players and try to do it perfect thx for this
    JoeRoe -35 Mage
    Jojoe. -35 Archer
    Jayjoe. -35 Warrier