Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP feedback thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think there needs to be some sort of pre-game lobby.
    1. It would be nice to speak with the people you are playing with, to strategize or something? Maybe when guilds and groups come out, this will be a nice something to have.
    2. Maybe the game should be full before it starts, because I've seen people playing like 4v1 and that's not fair. Or maybe the game should force a balance. This could all be figured out in a pre-game lobby.
    Natatat: Warrior Raion: Archer

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

@Natatat Yes, those are both excellent ideas. Also, maybe add a "ready" button and the game doesn't start until everyone clicks it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think there should be rewards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lately I haven't been able to play the pvp maps, it starts to load and 10mins later it's still loading, same with most pve maps any idea why... Sry about being a bit off topic here.
    Mains: Dahood lvl55 Archer/Lvl11 Operative/Prest lvl36 Tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Same happened just when 1.2 came out though they said it was fixed. Pm a dev

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had a fun day playing! Here is a little more feedback about the latest changes from an Enchantress perspective:

-There are considerable lag spikes while playing, this is a PvP killer because every second counts. (I'm on a 18mb/s connection with low ping, tested with speedtest.net)

-Fizzling spells (when target is oor but the spell still casts and goes into cooldown) is extremely frustrating.

-Damage is a little more inline now but dodge and mitigation still feel a little out of whack. I tested with a few people by rolling my entire arsenal (Drain Life -> Lightning -> Ice Storm -> Fire Storm -> Frostbite), sometimes I do between 150 and 200 damage and sometimes it's like 10. This is with my target not using any defensive abilities.

-Bears and Birds can trigger a DPS burst with their crit enhancing abilities but I don't have an equivalent. It's the same for dodge and armor enhancement.

-I thought Mana Shield would be key, but now I think it's kind of useless for PvP; it's better to just heal spam. When I go to my mana shield it's probably because I'm getting focus fired, in that case I'll be down to 0 mana and die anyway. It seems better to try and survive with heal spam and make a run for it, that way if I survive I'm still able to fight.

-Buffs are pretty much useless. I have yet to notice the benefit they provide, if me or a party member are going to get focused nothing really helps.

-I felt like I contributed the most in a group when I was just heal spamming and running for my life. Sometimes I'd drop a combo and it would work but I don't know when an opponent's health is low so I can actually be effective.

Thanks guys!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The first night I tried pvping, my tank took no damage at all. I was completely over powered, but with that I couldn't deal enough damage to kill the pure dex's with their insane dodge rate.

The next night I pvpd after an update, I was being one shot by every class, with 90 armor and over 350 health? Not sure. I can't even touch any one with 200 dex, as they stab me down with 100 dps >:0

I suggest:
    dex: reduce the amount of dodge recieved from dex. Dex gives hit, crit, and dodge. Str gives little health, little armor, little health regen. Int gives little mana, and mana regen.

Or instead of reducing the stats gained from dex, increase the armor from str. Or cause str to increase min and max damage, and dex increase dps. Int could increase spell crit. That way they have a little more power.

Maybe have a buff gained from being in a pvp zone. X5 health, or some sort of multiplier, so fights are more drawn out. Give some sort of equality in damage recieved. Fights should be about using certain skills to defeat your opponent. Not luck, and hoping to be the one to dodge more and one shot
    Seriously - 35 Warrior(full zombie)
    Possibly - 17 Enchantress
    Fantastic - 5 Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am in favor of any suggestions relating to...
    • Decrease in Warrior Damage (the tank class shouldn't also be the DPS class; tank should do the least damage or a relatively equal amount of damage compared to the healer class)
    • Decrease in Archer Damage (when people are talking about how they hit 700 in PvP, there's a problem)
    • Increase in Enchantress Damage (I don't think I've hit above 30 yet, and I have some top-notch gear)
    • Auto attack fix (it is having issues)
    • Dodge stat decrease and/or dodge skill power decrease (dodge skill can be popped a second or two after the buff expires and that buff puts their dodge at almost 70%)
    • Ping/lag/framerate fixes (the average ping in PvP on my iTouch is around 350 on a good day)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pbfreek View Post
    • Decrease in Warrior Damage (the tank class shouldn't also be the DPS class; tank should do the least damage or a relatively equal amount of damage compared to the healer class)
    • Decrease in Archer Damage (when people are talking about how they hit 700 in PvP, there's a problem)
    • Increase in Enchantress Damage (I don't think I've hit above 30 yet, and I have some top-notch gear)
    • Dodge stat decrease and/or dodge skill power decrease (dodge skill can be popped a second or two after the buff expires and that buff puts their dodge at almost 70%)
    • Ping/lag/framerate fixes (the average ping in PvP on my iTouch is around 350 on a good day)
    There you go again asking for nerfing of the classes you don't play. See they can't just reduce a single classes damage. Due to the fact most people go hybrid. Maybe you should create another class, maybe try getting your archer to 35. Or just respec.
    Last edited by Obliteration; 05-27-2010 at 12:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Obliteration View Post
    There you go again asking for nerfing of the classes you don't play. See they can't just reduce a single classes damage. Due to the fact most people go hybrid. Maybe you should create another class, maybe try getting your archer to 35. Or just respec.
    Well, where's your 35 Enchantress, Mr. Know-it-all?

I have in the past started a bear. I couldn't handle the melee combat with all my lag. And I've been leveling another archer which I plan to sit at 19 so I can PvP in the free Dark Forest map, then I plan to finish up my 29 archer. But... switching to the OP class isn't very fun. I'd rather have balance. If balance isn't relatively there by the time my arhcher is 35, I'll still play my Enchantress. I've PvPed on my 29 and 16 archers a few times. Four shotting people isn't fun and just causes them to leave. I'd rather play the underdog, but more-so, I'd rather have balance. In any case, the issue I'm addressing isn't a personal one, so it wouldn't matter what I do or don't play.

Respecing could solve the issue, I suppose. Then again, all my best gear is in Int and I'd hate to have to farm again. Also, my setup is great for PvE; I love my M/s. I'd prefer not to sacrifice one gameplay over the other.

I didn't really think about hybrids. I guess I just don't see them that often, with the exception of the bow-bears; they're somewhat common. Most players that are not Enchantresses definitely do not go hybrid. Only occasionally will I see a melee-bird.

Well, if you haven't noticed, no Enchantress does well for themselves; even the hybrids. The warrior and archer hybrids (who, may I remind you, never take on the role of casting spells) do well for themselves, too, so it would make sense to make a base-nerf on both classes. In my opinion, those hybrids need a little debuff, as well.
    Last edited by pbfreek; 05-27-2010 at 12:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Mystic is one of the best pvpers. They are full on caster enchantress. But I never wanted to create an enchantress because I'm sexist when it comes to video games. There's your honest answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by pbfreek View Post

Strangely... i agree but i doubt i agree with you. Wierd right?

Right now all classes have to have their damage tweaked and for dodge and miss rate to be brought into line with stats.
    Warriors 1h and Enchantress should have the same damage potential, and Warrior 2h and Archer bow should have the same damage potential. The first thing that needs to be done is to have dodge rate and miss rate fixed though, so that we can really tell what the classes damage potentials are.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im losing hope with the capabilities of the enchantress when it comes to pvp. >,< i guess we need luck to survive most of the time since were so easily killed and we have low damages. or maybe we should just stay back and heal/buff... doesnt sound so interesting, does it?
    ENCHANTRESS ROCKS! <3<3 PIWPIW!
    EVANNA/enchantress/LVL 35/ALTERRA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pvp is a bit laggy as well.
    ENCHANTRESS ROCKS! <3<3 PIWPIW!
    EVANNA/enchantress/LVL 35/ALTERRA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Only played a few games of PvP so far, but all really super satisfying. Thanks Devs.

The pace and duration, at least seem spot on and first to 10 kills etc is good. Power-ups on some stages are good variety also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

A graphical effect to show when you kill an enemy and get a very visual cue from this would be good to see. Always nice to see the enemies entrails...

Are there any updates due to make organising balanced PvP matches/tournaments etc soon?

Enjoy the odd match of PvP but wish there was more structure for organising satisfactory fights ie equal numbers, right weight division !! ; )
    Last edited by ratava; 06-06-2010 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

never any matches going on and if there is it always say i do not meet dungeon requierment and I'm level 34 bow bear thats unstopable when i can join

RuneDarkBlade level 40 Smart Bear Rastlen level 11 Paladin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

being able to play one would be nice. i never can join always says i do not meet dungeon requierments. the only games i can join are the ones i create...

RuneDarkBlade level 40 Smart Bear Rastlen level 11 Paladin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Suggestions!

Well I'm not going to repeat all the basic, and most obvious, bugs that are present in the PvP campaigns because they have been mentioned a lot and I'm sure thats the Devs are of aware of them.

My Suggestions (Might seem kind of crazy or 'overexpanding'):

1. HQs-
    Okay I suggest that PvP should be made in a more interesting manner and that for every team there should be headquarters where players can respawn and not get killed in a mere 5 seconds. There should be a time limit of (30 seconds) allowed in the HQ for a player to exit it. Once a player exits, they cannot re-enter the HQ until they die. Oh, and i should add that a PvP game can't start until the the correct number of players are present. So the HQs can also be a waiting room.

2. Towers
    I would suggest towers in certain PvP maps for archers and mages, where they can somewhat farcast from above.

3. Hit Point Problems -
    Okay first off I would like to display to you the obvious and the real numbers and stats that we have going on here and also the disadvantages that those stats bring. On average, Mage staffs hit from 80-108 damage. Warriors, while equipped with a 2-handed sword, can hit anywhere from 100-190 damage. NOW CONSIDER: The average PL character has about 250-350 health. Doesn't this seem just plain...WRONG?! And this is not even considering the buffs. With buffs someone can hit up to 300. Thats a KO to almost any character. I would HIGHLY suggest you add that extra '0' at the end of every character HP, although not changing the damage potential on the weapons. This would allow longer battles, more skill involved, and consequently more satisfaction to the PL players that enjoy a good game of Player-vs-Player.

4. MAJOR SUGGESTION ON SKILLS

Three paths in skills. Yes, three paths. What exactly am i talking about? Well, let's just say when you raise to level 2 on a mage, there are three skills you can choose: Fire Bolt, Ice Bolt, and Lightning Bolt. Whichever skill is chosen opens up a gateway of other skills specifically related and similar(yet stronger) than the skill chosen. For example, just say a you choose fire bolt, well after that there would be a skill called fire blast that is stronger than the first 'fire skill'. The same with Ice and Thunder. That way the mages can have more variety and can be called 'Fire mage', 'Ice Mage', or 'Lightning mage'. The same thing can correspond to other characters. For warriors it could be a 'Rage warrior', etc. Archers could be 'Sniper Archers', etc. This would create a HUGE variety withing the characters and would also allow skills to be very significant in a game of PvP. (This, ofcourse, would be a major update and would take time and a lot of thinking, but i would guarantee this would be the best iPod/iPhone game out there.)

5. EXPAND

PvP maps should be significantly enlarged which can allow, most likely later on in the future, 10vs10 and 20vs20 maps

Tell me if I'm in way over my head or if this sounds reasonable lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. HQ/Spawn room
    Yeah, I like the idea of a spawn room, although there are a lot of maps they'd have to redesign, pardon mentioning it, but WoW had a pretty good system, both teams had a spawn room that was locked during the waiting process, then the barriers came down and carnage ensued. I like the idea of a battlefield where you can push the frontline to either persons front door :-)

2. Towers
    Not sure I like the idea of this, considering that maps are set on a level playfield and having people hide in towers just seems a problem.

3. PvP damage problems
    If you use stiff variables to affect the damage, the impact changes incrementally between the lower and higher levels, I'd suggest something more like a damage reduction to skills, hit%, evade% and crit%, as well as a reduction in heals, and most likely mana/hp regen on some of the oasis gear.
    Just a quick example of stiff variables being no good - defensive skills such as an enchantresses 'Weakness', part of the effect is -10 to -50 damage, which for regular attacks is great, but a critical hit from firestorm wont feel much effect from this.
    That said, the idea of having hp/mana added by level progression (as well as through stats) has been suggested Here

4. Skill trees
    This has been posted in the suggestions & feedback forum, and is best discussed in there :-)

5. Expansion
    Using the current game as a rough guide, 10v10 would be absolute chaos and slowdown on certain devices, think how crazy town gets when someone pops a few enchantress buffs off.