Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Lifecycle..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

All life giver dies is unnecessarily draw aggro, which then kills the mage, making the said mage unable to perform his or her primary role, crowd control and aoe damage. IMO, even horn is relatively useless and the tank I'd better off with a third attack skill because if the mage you are running with does his job right, tanks will have no need to draw aggro and horn only provides a 2 second shield.

Whatever the case, any mage who uses heal in anything harder than elite dead city is not much more than a leech imo and is definitely not someone I will waste time running with again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    Warrior vb.
    Boss/mobs need to hit the mages and or rogues in order to regen their mana while vb is active which rarely happens if warrior taunts well.

I do agree lifegiver has its time and place but it is not elite maps for sure. I think it's good for maps like the gauntlet or event maps. Mage with 3 attack skills or mage with 2 attack and heal will do pretty much the same damage to a boss so if u have a skill that can keep rogue hp mana up i think you should use it.
    Last edited by gumball3000; 05-27-2015 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    Boss/mobs need to hit the mages and or rogues in order to regen their mana while vb is active which rarely happens if warrior taunts well.
    In what lifetime? Maybe back in season 2.

There are less than a dozen warriors that I know of in the game (more like half that) that excel at taunting, and even their rogues get hit frequently. Holding aggro against a team of well geared rogues is a near-impossibility. Add a mage with heal and sorry, warrior taunt becomes laughable. Not the players' fault, this - it's the way the classes are structured and the fail at warrior development by sts for the pve field.

Vengeful blood is good for so much, the mana regen is mostly useful in pvp, however the other benefits are great in pve.
    Last edited by Serancha; 05-27-2015 at 10:57 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    I do agree with you, 100%.

Only great mages uses lifegiver. And the rest that don't. Are mostly just average to below average mages.

Just remember one thing...Dead players means they deal ZERO DAMAGE. I repeat ZERO DAMAGE.

Even if your lucky to pot, there are most time you can't pot in time and guess what? LIFEGIVER just safe your life by giving u that xtra 1-2 sec that you need to pot. Even if you use ankh to revived, it's still wasted time that you could have been attacking more if a mage uses LIFEGIVER.

And the majority of most people who does use pot, guess what again? That means they are attacking less if they pot (while running away from boss and try to pot and hopefully they pot in time, while they not attacking). Most players can't multitasked well.

And for the people who can MULTI-TASK, most likely they probably play on a computer, that's why they have all those hotkeys set. (Don't get me wrong, i do pot, but with a mage who uses LIFEGIVER it's a bonus.

Like i said, it's a bonus in an ELITE RUN if a Mage uses LIFEGIVER, doesn't matter if it's PVE or PVP. ALL Those things are the results of TEAMWORK.
    You are beyond ridiculous. If you're an example of an above average to great mage, let me keep mediocre anyday.

If you can't pot fast enough to not die get better gear or open your eyes and pay attention. You have to be a special level of awful at the game to fail at this. I play on android exclusively and don't miss a beat. The only time I'm not attacking while potting is if letting the warrior taked aggro back. And if you're being one shot, as someone else said, heal doesn't do anything. Want to live long enough to pot? Use shield or die.

What's your IGN? This is the first, and probably only, time I want to add a forum member straight to my ignore list. I don't want to accidentally party with you. I think your 'greatness' would cause my head to explode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    Did he say about using No pots?
    People never really read exactly what's written. They always assumed their ways are always better or become followers of whoever like to post the most on forums and assumed that those comments coming from those people are always right.

People who ran ELITE with me know who i am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    And who do you think you are to call others just average to below average mage??

Exactly dead player means they deal zero damage. You won't have to repeat it. When you use lifegiver, you draw aggroo of all the mobs if you are really one of those GREATEST MAGES (as you said), you should know it.
    And when you aggroed all the mobs and if your party don't save you, you are dead. ZERO DAMAGE as you said.
    Warriors are there to take aggros. You little mage trying to be fatties, very bad idea.

"Even if your lucky to pot, there are most time you can't pot in time and guess what?"
    What does that mean? When and why you cant pot in time? Do your pot vanishes or finger gets an urgent scratching call?
    anyway for us, we can always pot. I don't know why Greatest mages (as you said) can't.

Huh what? Multitask? Are you serious? Are you okay? What are you talking about? People attack less while using pot?
    Zzzzz.... nice jokes.

anyway, you talked all what have no logic. [People attack less while potting cuz people are not well at multitasking when they are not playing from computer... jeez whattha]

Heal or no heal its a personal choice. But lifegiver don't save you. It draws unwanted agros.
    The mana you give through it, rogues don't depend on it.
    Lifegiver cant fulfil the mana usage of rogues. Mages are better with another skill in pve.
    Here's a simple example of a good mage: Say he has Gale, Clock, Shield and Lifegiver memorize.

Group of mobs pull by whoever (mostly war, occasionally other classes)
    A smart to above average mage before or about to do crowd control is...Gale (to stun up to 6 mobs) then Clock after and then use LIFEGIVER After that. Thats how you stay alive even if LIFEGIVER aggros. And if he likes to cast shield before or after that, that's his choice.

That's what i mean by good to above mages who can play their class well.

Therefore, IMO. There are tooooooo many mages who do not know how to play their class well and therefore they are either AVERAGE or BELOW AVERAGE players.
    Last edited by Ipoopsy; 05-27-2015 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Here's a simple example of a good mage: Say he has Gale, Clock, Shield and Lifegiver memorize.

A smart to above average mage before or about to do crowd control is...Gale (to stun up to 6 mobs) then Clock after and then use LIFEGIVER After that. And if he likes to cast shield before or after that, that's his choice.

Therefore, IMO. There are tooooooo many mages who do not know how to play their class well and therefore they are either AVERAGE or BELOW AVERAGE players.
    Who are you to judge or call them average or below average mage?
    They know enough how to play their class.
    Its waste of time trying to explain to a stone as you can read above all we explained why lifegiver is bad at elite which you ignored. So take care. God bless your GREATEST MAGE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

A smart to above average mage before or about to do crowd control is...Gale (to stun up to 6 mobs) then Clock after and then use LIFEGIVER After that. Thats how you stay alive even if LIFEGIVER aggros. And if he likes to cast shield before or after that, that's his choice.

Sorry but if a mage uses life giver on ELITE he is a bad mage. Crowd control is a mages' job, not aggro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Would be tons of fun to make maps without HP potions to force some party balance. Right now a big part of the issue is the ability of the DPS to spam healing potions.
    yep, or a pot cd
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    yep, or a pot cd
    Do you really want to make this game even more cliquey? Being able to spam pots allows experienced players to pick up the slack when less-than-stellar players are in the game. If pot-spamming is taken away, good luck to randoms getting parties in planar. It won't happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Do you really want to make this game even more cliquey? Being able to spam pots allows experienced players to pick up the slack when less-than-stellar players are in the game. If pot-spamming is taken away, good luck to randoms getting parties in planar. It won't happen.
    Even with pot spamming, most PuGs/under geared parties don't go well unless the players are geared anyways (or it takes way too long).

The point of elites is to experience difficulty whilst trying to loot this hard-earned gear, it shouldn't be a walk in the park (or "slack") which is mainly the case when the party has decent gear and pots.

I don't know if it'll work in this game, but it does in other MMOs - in most other MMOs I've played, there is no such thing as spamming of potions.

Of course, the quality of loot should be improved if this is the case, but that's a different matter.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Very good build but try replace clock with curse, go with a warrior who use rally cry plus a rogue who use combat medic and charge shadow pierce always. Passive skill I suggest damage and speed maxed out so you can run away from mobs faster. Pet is deary of course, if you haven't got then scorn really helps, or the short cd misty.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Very good build but try replace clock with curse, go with a warrior who use rally cry plus a rogue who use combat medic and charge shadow pierce always. Passive skill I suggest damage and speed maxed out so you can run away from mobs faster. Pet is deary of course, if you haven't got then scorn really helps, or the short cd misty.
    this made my day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    Even with pot spamming, most PuGs/under geared parties don't go well unless the players are geared anyways (or it takes way too long).

The point of elites is to experience difficulty whilst trying to loot this hard-earned gear, it shouldn't be a walk in the park (or "slack") which is mainly the case when the party has decent gear and pots.

I don't know if it'll work in this game, but it does in other MMOs - in most other MMOs I've played, there is no such thing as spamming of potions.

Of course, the quality of loot should be improved if this is the case, but that's a different matter.
    This is what MOST MMO Or MMORPG should be.

Just like i mention before about limit the amount of Ankhs being use in ELITE RUNS, which was in another topic.

But since ANKH is so easily available, Majority of most players think that they good at running ELITE, just because they can revived quite easily. And to me IMO again, there is no skill involved at all.

But this game have basically almost come to an end recently, because tooooooooooooo many people whined tooooooooo much and they can't seem to adapt to how the game was intended to be. Too many players think that they know more than the DEV itself.

If you have suggestions, great. Just stop whining and learn to adapt when you play. Don't expect others to play like you play.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ipoopsy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Can we minus thanks/rep from someone...? The heal end of this conversation is about as absorbent as a gold coin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I do agree with you, 100%.

Only great mages uses lifegiver. And the rest that don't. Are mostly just average to below average mages.

Just remember one thing...Dead players means they deal ZERO DAMAGE. I repeat ZERO DAMAGE.

Even if your lucky to pot, there are most time you can't pot in time and guess what? LIFEGIVER just safe your life by giving u that xtra 1-2 sec that you need to pot. Even if you use ankh to revived, it's still wasted time that you could have been attacking more if a mage uses LIFEGIVER.

And the majority of most people who does use pot, guess what again? That means they are attacking less if they pot (while running away from boss and try to pot and hopefully they pot in time, while they not attacking). Most players can't multitasked well.

And for the people who can MULTI-TASK, most likely they probably play on a computer, that's why they have all those hotkeys set. (Don't get me wrong, i do pot, but with a mage who uses LIFEGIVER it's a bonus.

Like i said, it's a bonus in an ELITE RUN if a Mage uses LIFEGIVER, doesn't matter if it's PVE or PVP. ALL Those things are the results of TEAMWORK.
    Okay, let me translate this:

Only great mages aggro mobs and die because they are too cheap or uncoordinated to use potions. And the rest are mostly just nabs.

Just remember one thing.... using a bit more potions and an extra damage skill means they deal ZERO DAMAGE. I repeat ZERO DAMAGE.

Even if you're have the coordination to pot, there are times when your fingers are sore and guess what? LIFEGIVER just saved you a few extra taps by sacrificing damage and aggro-ing mobs! Even if you wasted time and possibly ankhs, you still saved your sore fingers from the extra taps using LIFEGIVER.

And the majority of people who aren't dirt cheap or lack the brain function to tap the potion button, guess what again? You still lack the coordination to pot and will end up deal less damage anyways. Most players can't use two fingers at the same time.

And for the people who can USE TWO FINGERS AT THE SAME TIME, most likely they play on a computer, that's why they are able to play the game properly. (Don't get me wrong, I do pot, but with a mage that DRAWS AGGRO AND DEALS LESS DAMAGE it's a bonus.

Like I said, it's a bonus in an ELITE RUN if mage SACRIFICES DAMAGE, SCREWS UP A TANK'S JOB, AND WASTES TIME, doesn't matter if it's PVE or PVP. All those things are the results of TEAMWORK.

-

Jokes aside, most players can afford to buy potions and do have the ability to spam potions. If they can't afford potions, they shouldn't be running more difficult elites anyways.

I play all three classes and use an android phone primarily (though I have played on PC) and I have no trouble spamming potions. I have ran with lifegiver mages in Nordr+ elites, and from what I've seen they die much more than mages who use shield and 3 crowd control skills, not to mention it takes longer to complete the map.

Why would you call lifegiver mages the "pro" mages if they take longer and causes more deaths in elite? Lifegiver should only be used in PVP, never endgame PVE.
    Last edited by Red Dress; 05-27-2015 at 07:52 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red Dress For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

But now the real Qustion is...
    If this AMAZING godly mage we speak of has them all stunned, as such a good mage must be able to do, why do you need the heal?
    It literally is Only to waste time and not attack at that point, even more so if ypu have them stunned.
    pots are faster and will allow you to attack at the same time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts

You guys should play o&c, there's actually a support class
    "proof, peasant?" Partybro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    But now the real Qustion is...
    If this AMAZING godly mage we speak of has them all stunned, as such a good mage must be able to do, why do you need the heal?
    It literally is Only to waste time and not attack at that point, even more so if ypu have them stunned.
    pots are faster and will allow you to attack at the same time.
    Ohhh. After reading your post it dawned on me. With a mage as talented as Ipoopsy, the heal isn't NEEDED. It's there to NOT be used, or to be used to taunt the lowly stunned mobs that can't do anything but wither at his power. Makes perfect sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHardcore View Post
    Ohhh. After reading your post it dawned on me. With a mage as talented as Ipoopsy, the heal isn't NEEDED. It's there to NOT be used, or to be used to taunt the lowly stunned mobs that can't do anything but wither at his power. Makes perfect sense.
    WHOOOAAA! My post gave me an idea to (maybe? Whaddya think?) Fix lifegiver. Call it lifeTAKER, make it a low damage SiE cast on enemy, and have mana and health siphoned and split between party members.