Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I'm sick of all you guys complaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Default I'm sick of all you guys complaining.

There's something called constructive criticism, but when you're going as far as nagging over and over again when the DEVS said themselves that they're playing, watching, and listening and will take the appropriate action. It was a comment on my post that set me off so sorry if this is kinda rant'ish

They're going to discuss today what they can do to improve on the system. and as said they wait to see how the players react to the change. Bellow are a few instances where this was the case

When no one liked the chat filter and the temporary silencing, they removed it

When no one liked the 90% drop rate of ao1, they nerfed it.

People felt ancient swamps were too hard, they nerfed it.

When you guys felt the shadow caves were too easy and should be more elite since the drops were apparently better than the rarer AO3 drops. So they nerfed that as well

I know there are many more instances like this, so you know the devs give it time before they take any action. Something will be done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Maybe he really likes the new Polar Bear face..

But I hear ya, Red! We're not going anywhere so don't worry :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

It's like they're completely overlooking all the other super cool features over one thing. My only real issue was with the menu, but you don't see me making multiple threads, posting everywhere about it, or making a quit thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    It's like they're completely overlooking all the other super cool features over one thing. My only real issue was with the menu, but you don't see me making multiple threads, posting everywhere about it, or making a quit thread.
    That's why you have the red shield with a crown on it as your avatar, you're better than that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

/ agreed I'm not going anywhere just a few tweaks and the game will be perfect.

Buffs being longer and the world map is all I see. Players should adjust to change 1 biggest problem I'm hearing is mage healing and buffing simple answer if 2 are in the party 1 buff heal other dps and help heal. Now are the times is when skilled players will shine and the so called "noobs" will quit.
    Last edited by Acyer; 04-13-2011 at 07:09 AM.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Plasticuproject

How are the devs going to know how I feel about this if I don't speak up?? I feel pretty passionately about this so I'm going to let them know and POST POST POST. This is my game too and I PAY for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

There's a Thread for that. And believe me, they know.

When they say they're going to do something, wait till it's done and then continue "voicing" your opinion IN the feedback thread. They read everything even though they don't reply all the time. You try making a game that will appeal to every one of their thousands among thousands of players. Or quit if it bothers you that much. Another player will fall in your place

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

yeah im not complainig just sugesting that they lower it completly agree with you tho to many complaints.

i just suggested they lower the cool down thats all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

And im sure something of the sort is in the works

Plasticuproject

Yes something may be in the works BECAUSE people spoke up. If five guys said they didn't like it and never spoke about it again how would the devs know how a lot of us feel? This is what makes this a community. We may not have a vote but we have a voice. If you don't like something that has happened in your community at home what do you do? You write your congressman. You find people who feel the same as you and encourage them to write their congressman. You organize a rally or protest or start a petition. You may not have a direct vote but you have a voice and it is in your best interest to use it. Your complaining about people's complaining is completely asinine and redundant. If you don't like it you can simply ignore or do what you are doing now, VOICING YOUR OPINION....SAME AS I.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I dont understand your point. You tell us to stop complaining because they hear us. But yet, how do you expect them to hear us if we dont complain?? Take a seat, grab popcorn and just enjoy the show because with this new update their is going to be alot of complaints about gcd. Also stop complaining about complaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeylito View Post
    I dont understand your point. You tell us to stop complaining because they hear us. But yet, how do you expect them to hear us if we dont complain?? Take a seat, grab popcorn and just enjoy the show because with this new update their is going to be alot of complaints about gcd. Also stop complaining about complaining.
    You don't need to complain for them to hear you. They don't treat complaints as the most important feedback, quite the opposite in fact.

Constructive feedback aimed to provide what you experience and prefer, nothing more. No quit threats and ruining of the game accusations - I mean, why would they? Its money in their pocket.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

I never said there was an issue with voicing your opinion did I? PLEASE find that for me. What I'm referring to are the people that CONTINUE to ramble on even AFTER the devs said they were working on it. You guys are so dense. Go on with writing paragraphs that have nothing to do with my main point. In case you missed it, again, my point was that you've complained, the devs responded, so stop complaining?

Something is going to be done, so there's not need to spend the in between complaining constantly when the change is on it's way. THAT is my point.

Plasticuproject

This is what happens when a lot of people become unhappy very quickly. People will remain posting because they are unhappy with the game and will remain that way until it is fixed. A one liner that says "we're workin' on it" is not enough for some people. I thought it was extremely obvious this was going to be a HUGE issue the day they announced it was coming. Are you going g to tell me that they didn't recognize this? People did speak up, before the update and they were basicly ignored. So they they are upset. Is that so unreasonable? A lot of these people are still just now finding out about this! I made multiple posts because I wanted to pound it in their heads how unhappy I am with this update. I gave constructive criticism "Turn it down a notch". I even started a thread asking others for help and ideas on skill set up to help with mage strategy, that was ultimately closed. And you, a GUARDIAN, are going to call me dense? Really? Name calling? I expected much more tolerance from a guardian such as yourself.
    Last edited by Plasticuproject; 04-13-2011 at 08:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im tired of the complaining also, like everyone is so spoiled.
    and yes that dude is very bi-polar haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    sweet ill whip out my cheetah thong and iron it for tommorow
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalbanana
    I want your body, its so nice and warm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove
    I touched myself last night. I said no, but I knew I wanted it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

i said being dense as of state of mind. there were complaints when this was announced, but do you think they would just shelve it then? dont you think theyd rather have people try it out and THEN take their criticism to mind? well thats whats happening now. they implemented the system and are now taking in the opinions of the people. theyve responded to the opinions so that should be enough. wait till after the fix theyre going to implement before you propose any further complaints.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everyone needs to tone it down on both sides. I agree that repetitive posts by the same player don't help, they just clog up the forums. But I also think every player is entitled to post their opinion in hopefully a constructive way even if the opinion has been posted by someone else already. Since I started last october, I can't think of a single change that effected the entire game as much as GCD has, or seen this bad a firestorm from any change. So I'm certain the devs are taking this seriously. But people should not be discourage from adding their voice to the mix.
    Last edited by bravemenrun; 04-13-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Bravemenrun ::.... ..: Level 55 ::.... ..: MAGE OF THE SKULL HELM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Yeah, you know, I don't like that so much changed at once but I'll deal with it. I'm pretty sure that every game I joined since the update at least one person has complained and said they were quitting. I don't think the gameplay is that much different.

Although, I must say I'm not impressed with the cool down. Makes things a lot more difficult in places where it was already pretty difficult.

And maybe its just me, but it seems like a lot of the sewer maps have changed a little. At least Stronghold and Catacombs. The floor in the trash room looks different. The entry way in to the king and queen room looks a little longer. Maybe I'm just crazy though.

Plasticuproject

Oh. Please link me to where they have responded, I haven't seen that. All I have read is basicly that they are listening. So if they are listening people will continue talking. Have they asked anyone to stop giving feedback yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Complaining about complainers makes the situation worse. Let's all just calm our horses.