Thread: Level 50 gear question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Level 50 gear question

I just hit level 50 with my archer. I'm at a loss for what gear to equip. Before GCD m/s was important to reduce pot consumption, but now my needs are much lower.

I'm willing to get whatever is best, but I just don't know. I've used sentinel shotgun, and I like the range it has, yet the SB bow has much higher DPS. Then there is the cyber set. I will do the grind to get it if it's what I need, but if void set is the same, I'd rather just get it. Then also, when I hit level 51 will the sewer gear be better anyhow?? I'd love someone who's been there and done that to chime in.

I did just finish re-reading Physio's comparison, but that was before the set bonuses of sentinel.

Also, I'm really curious if level 51 gear makes the purchase of a level 50 unnecessary.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey isniped its me arrow
    IMO id say if you have them money straight up buy cyber set. As a set it is amazing damage crit hit%
    IF you dont have the money get void, i wouldnt waste time on cyber too long unless you have good quick team.

If you want even cheaper wait till level 51 and buy drainers / underlings for either dodge of crit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xuz View Post
    Hey isniped its me arrow
    IMO id say if you have them money straight up buy cyber set. ...
    Did you mean Sentinel? Also, will level 51 green's and oranges beat out my 50 sets?
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi duped iam a lvl 56 archer and congrats on 50 Ive found that your best fit is what you get from the lvl 50 missions, you can tweek a bit here and their but in the long run those things are for that lvl. Sewer gear is awsome but i think lowest is 53 for that stuff. Get your 50 void stuff from all missions thats your best bet then move on to sewer gear then you can really start hitting homeruns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes i meant sentinel, yes they will most probley beat void / cyber but death still will prevail

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

spacejunker, you can get level 51 sewer gear. And arrow, I finally posted on your thread, thanks again!
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

The Sentinel set is very well-balanced with its set bonus - when it was first released it didn't have a set bonus at all so it was pretty much on par with Void/Sunblessed. Only issue with Sunblessed is that it's range of attack is shorter, leaving you less comfort room to attack compared to the Shotgun. But I'd go for either/or.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I just got sentinel shotgun set, and I do love it. One last question, is the shotgun strong enough to use on Sewer bosses? Seems like the lower DPS is substantial compared to SB Bow. I have a few level 51 sewer bows that have very good DPS. Also, would this (sentinel) be good to use until 55? Thanks!
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird