Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57007)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    To those who say they can't cope with it or it has ruined the game for them, I'm sorry to sound blunt, but frankly at this point its either you adapt or quit the game.
    Think of a change you just couldn't accept. Imagine they did it anyway.

For a free game? Sure. But I've paid good money for this one. I don't think it's fair to jolt it into something different that I really can't bear. This was no minor tweak.

It's within their legal right to do what they want with their game. The plat buying system allows them to do what ever they want in that regard, but it doesn't make it right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think that's exactly what the devs are trying to sway away from, the speed of how fast skills are supposed to be used.

Just a rough guess, but those 4 skills in your column, you pressed them in roughly 1 second?
    I'm not sure. Possibly 1 second give or take. But all I did was try your method. With pre-GCD on an iphone, I could feel the full burst was faster or registers much better compared with my android.
    Last edited by Luchta; 04-14-2011 at 09:48 AM.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hullukko View Post
    Think of a change you just couldn't accept. Imagine they did it anyway.

For a free game? Sure. But I've paid good money for this one. I don't think it's fair to jolt it into something different that I really can't bear. This was no minor tweak.

It's within their legal right to do what they want with their game. The plat buying system allows them to do what ever they want in that regard, but it doesn't make it right.
    I understand, that's why I didn't mean it to sound blunt or rude.

Change is just inevitable in any aspect, and it's not like the devs are changing for their benefit only. They've said its for the health of the game in the long-term, which ultimately means it's good for us.

We have our own opinions, different views and tolerance so I think we can leave it at (in Mystical's words) agreeing that we disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Luchta View Post
    I'm not sure. Possibly 1 second give or take. But all I did was try your method. With pre-GCD on an iphone, I could feel the full burst was faster or registers much better compared with my android.
    Uh-oh, device differences?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leani View Post
    The one thing since the update that really bothers me though, is the fact that even with all sound turned off, I still get the new sound of ppl landing in the pool in the towne of Alien Oasis. Having heard it once it quite enough imo.
    Mee too, and I had the impression (more tests when I return home) there is something wrong with the sound when I am in busy state, that is looking the inventory or friends list - maybe the volume sound raises if new player splashes into water even if I am in the distance from pool?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

PL FB :

Pocket Legends
    More GCD tweaks coming today... thanks for the feedback!
    55 minutes ago ·

So yay!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Uh-oh, device differences?
    That was the real issue way back. I never told this to anyone but since we're in the post-GCD, the only way to kill a multi toucher with less than 100 ping pre-GCD is to fire your combo maybe half a second earlier. That was the only way but it worked. If you tried to fire the combo only when they are already in range, you would instantly die even before you could tap your second or even first skill. That's how unfair PvP was.
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

That was the real issue way back. I never told this to anyone but since we're in the post-GCD, the only way to kill a multi toucher with less than 100 ping pre-GCD is to fire your combo maybe half a second earlier. That was the only way but it worked. If you tried to fire the combo only when they are already in range, you would instantly die even before you could tap your second or even first skill. That's how unfair PvP was.
    Same sentiment.

In my screen, he could be barely in range or just out of it. Next thing I know 34231412 arrows hit me and I'm dead :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by markus View Post
    so your saying sts should only screw there current player base? ok sounds like the way to go.......
    Err no that's not what I'm saying. Read bro. I'm just stating a fact. A new player would not notice the difference because they wouldn't know anything different.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I wish devs would let the PvP leaderboards reset quarterly. Class-based and overall winners for every quarter like a vanity of some sort? Just thinking aloud.
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Err no that's not what I'm saying. Read bro. I'm just stating a fact. A new player would not notice the difference because they wouldn't know anything different.
    Right after I patched. A level 2 mage messaged me saying, this game is sooooo coooool. IKR?!
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Hah but they might not stick around, because they don't enjoy it.

Having said that I think iteration 1 was slightly better and hopefully #2 will be even better

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #272
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tamino View Post
    Mee too, and I had the impression (more tests when I return home) there is something wrong with the sound when I am in busy state, that is looking the inventory or friends list - maybe the volume sound raises if new player splashes into water even if I am in the distance from pool?
    Originally we had you spawning in outside the oasis, but the pool-party was so cool we changed the spawn point to be inside it. This led to continual harps going off as people spawned in. We're pulling the SFX but will leave the drops with today's patch.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The skill cool down and charge up indicators are just confusing. Half the time I have no idea if the skill I pressed on the touchscreen actually worked. I know people will say that it's 'all about timing'. But in the middle a mob and having to fight, time your skills, all while potting (cos they're not going down as fast as they were) makes the game extremely tedious and frustrating. I can only imagine how a newcomer to the game would find it too much of a challenge to overcome.
    The strengths of this game is it's fast pace and simplicity, which is essential cos it's platform is phones/pads. Make it slow and complicated and there will me much less people playing.
    The new GCD timing has not helped much. Why can't the devs just slow down the skill charge up timing? You don't have to worry about GCD, players can still spam their skills in short bursts and balancing will be easier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb My Favorite Game... My Least Favorite New Feature...

The joy of the global cool down has led me to my first post...

First, let me say that Pocket Legends is my favorite game on both my iPad and Atrix. As a software developer myself, I can recognize the handiwork of a skilled development team. I tip my hat to the hard work of the devs and the high quality of the complete PL experience. I have one avatar of each of three classes (all in the lvl 40ish range at the time of post) and I enjoy them all. The game is great. Period.

I do appreciate most of the features in the latest major update. I like the visual improvements to the GUI/HUD throughout. I like the additional faces/masks for the avatars. So far, I still find the new emotes hilarious! (In other words, I am not annoyed in the slightest as others have stated). Although I have not created a new character, I think the improvements are a great idea.

However, I do hate the GDC. Like others have said, it has led to one of two choices: I play the game at a much slower pace or I get murdered. I really have no desire to see the game slow down to half speed. I really have no desire to start dying frequently due to a mechanics change. I have tried the recent patch to reduce the cool down lag, and it does speed it up greatly. The effect of the patch is much appreciated; however, I still don't feel happy. Due to the GDC feature, my overall enjoyment of the game is plummeting.

I am all for any of the following as a solution:
    1. Removing the GDC altogether
    2. Adding some kind of queue to skills -- multi-selected skills would fire in succession once each cool down completed. The queue would have some reasonable limit, such as 4-5 skills allowed at a time.
    3. Reducing the cool down period to a quarter second or some other shorter period of time.
    4. Creating an option to enable/disable the GDC in the game settings menu. (This is based on the idea that GDC was to help people who accidentily multi-activate skills due to fat-fingering).
    5. Any combination of 1-4

Although I have tried to look on the bright side and even calm the flamers camping the consignment store complaining about the GDC, I personally have no benefit from the GDC. I don't fat-finger the skills buttons. On the contrary, I love to activate many skills at a time. I also don't play PvP, so any "leveling of the playing field" has no affect on me either.

As a fellow developer, I know that the feature was added with the intention to improve the game, but it is only hampering me personally. I have tremendous faith in the spacetime studios team to continue to improve an already great game. I look forward to seeing what action, if any, will be coming to improve upon the idea of the GDC.

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What Semiauto and nabidavid wrote is exactly what I wanted to share as well.
    When you're in the middle of the fight, you don't have the time to think "oh, is that GCD or did my skill spawn correctly?"

Furthermore, the 0.5 GCD is unacceptable (to me). Add to that the AVERAGE human reaction time of 0.25s and you've got yourself effectively a 0.75s cooldown, and that, on EACH subsequent skill, making this not a linear, but more of an exponential CD.
    My suggestions (other than those already submitted):
    - AT LEAST halve the GCD to 0.25s (I would even go as low as 0.15s) in the next patch.
    - GCD should be forced in PvP, but left as a toggle/option for story mode.
    Last edited by Justg; 04-14-2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: removed subjective opinions about fail and whatnot ;)
    IGN: adwinp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Right after I patched. A level 2 mage messaged me saying, this game is sooooo coooool. IKR?!
    You realize, of course, that a level 2 mage wouldn't be affected by GCD at all. Not until level 3 (BTW... when did the skill levels change?), when you have two skills to chose from, would GCD come into play at all.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    You realize, of course, that a level 2 mage wouldn't be affected by GCD at all. Not until level 3 (BTW... when did the skill levels change?), when you have two skills to chose from, would GCD come into play at all.
    I realized the level 2 mage won't be affected at all because he found the game as is. He might not even realize what GCD means or why we used to have to kill TPaxx or clear VL before the shadow cave portal showed up.

This made me think and wanna ask if whether those who hate the GCD ever bothered asking why some like it and other just adapt to it?
    Last edited by Luchta; 04-14-2011 at 12:23 PM.
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Will someone please define what multi-touch is? I hear people complaining about multi-touch and iPad but that doesn't make all iPad device users multi-touchers does it? For example, I do play on an iPad but have never mashed two buttons together on a screen. Therefore, I'm not a multi-toucher, correct?
    Subterraneous - level 56 elf (Sub)
    Predadactyl - level 56 bird (Pred)
    Kodiaktic - level 40 bear (Kodi)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Subterraneous View Post
    Will someone please define what multi-touch is? I hear people complaining about multi-touch and iPad but that doesn't make all iPad device users multi-touchers does it? For example, I do play on an iPad but have never mashed two buttons together on a screen. Therefore, I'm not a multi-toucher, correct?
    There are devices that only has 1 or 2 touch points. This means a player can only tap 1 skill at a time and would need to pause or break on each tap so the device can recognize the x and y axis where this person tapped.

There are devices with 3 or more touch points (the ipad has 10 i think) and the more touch points you have, the advantage of tapping all the skill at once or fast enough that the server bursts all the skills in 1 go. Leaving no place to pause or give the other player a chance.
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

devs how about the quickplay? for me quickplay is so convenient T_T please bring it back devs