Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57007)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

shorten gcd time to 0.1 of a second
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some good points / feedback expressed in this thread:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...l=1#post260014
    =================================================
    In-game characters: Ishmu, Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by On7H3MooN View Post
    Remove gcd please. I don't want to play my level 50 mage anymore... and have started up a bird... but still frustrated with gcd. :/
    Devs have said that it's staying, no questions.

To those who say they can't cope with it or it has ruined the game for them, I'm sorry to sound blunt, but frankly at this point its either you adapt or quit the game.

IMO, they've acted pretty quickly on reacting to the (negative) feedback by improving GCD, which should show that they are dead serious in keeping within interest of players and are not out to "destroy" the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still think the gcd needs to go, or at the very least halved. If it is set in stone, can we please lose it for buffs and heals? I couldn't care less about pvp. Being that my main is a bird, many times I'm dead before I can get my evade skill to kick in. (I try to save it for when the bosses eventually target me, as they always do unless I'm in my talon/shield setup.) Either that or birds really need some sort of buff.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sewer king set ! Sewer king set ! Sewer king set ! Please !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raulur View Post
    I still think the gcd needs to go, or at the very least halved. If it is set in stone, can we please lose it for buffs and heals? I couldn't care less about pvp. Being that my main is a bird, many times I'm dead before I can get my evade skill to kick in. (I try to save it for when the bosses eventually target me, as they always do unless I'm in my talon/shield setup.) Either that or birds really need some sort of buff.
    Have you tried the new GCD yet though? It seems pretty playable already at this speed.

I'm not sure I know how much they reduced it by, but it seems quite fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i tried it and it sux, like i said whatever time they reduce it it sux, only 800 people online atm doesnt that say a lot?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Have you tried the new GCD yet though? It seems pretty playable already at this speed.

probably i will get some punshes but i feel same.. its not like fun as before... but at least its playable... a reduction of 0,2sec would be fine then i would almost say i like it

IMO they didnt reduce it, they just made the GCD local, so now its a real .5sec and before IMO it was almost a second..
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have to admit that the change to GCD is so much better but still lacks the fluidity it once had. I say take a break and don't play PL until Monday. Give the Devs time to adjust and make the needed changes. It's kind of hard to get acclimated to GCD when the join button is temporarily disabled. This frustrates players, including myself, even worst. If you decide to come back or have not found another game as an alternative, tough luck.

With all the technological advances available, why not keep GCD only for PVP????
    Chantylily - Mage, Chanterella - Archer, Chantankie - Bear
    Chantylily - Vampy & Sorcerer, Chant - Engineer, Chanty - Operative, Chantanky - Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    i tried it and it sux, like i said whatever time they reduce it it sux, only 800 people online atm doesnt that say a lot?
    this is the daily period with lessest number of ppl online.. but yes, should be around 1000-1200

yesterday evening didnt reach 2000ppl... thats not good ya...
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, it's playable with a decent group, but still feels like slow motion. I'm one of those super agressive birds that's always on the brink of death. Soloing is painfully slow now. Had a keeper run earlier that seemed to last forever, but it didn't help that I wad with 3 bears stomping everything all over the place. Normally in that case I would just run ahead and get my combo off before them, but that is suicide now.

Another request: Can we get a slight range buff to Avian Scream? Nothing drastic, just 5 or 6m instead of 3 would help tons. I know you guys love getting ppl to use those plat for a res, as a matter of fact that's the only way you can get a res now with all the delay...
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post
    I have to admit that the change to GCD is so much better but still lacks the fluidity it once had. I say take a break and don't play PL until Monday. Give the Devs time to adjust and make the needed changes. It's kind of hard to get acclimated to GCD when the join button is temporarily disabled. This frustrates players, including myself, even worst. If you decide to come back or have not found another game as an alternative, tough luck.

With all the technological advances available, why not keep GCD only for PVP????

i would prefer too that is removed from pve, but it wont be so... we just can hope that will be reduced to minimal possible and we become some benefit f.e. like stronger skills or weaker mobs...

and yes... the "join"-bug is bad, but i worked a lot with software developers and its very very hard to bring a app with 0 bugs.. i think devs are very sorry for that and we shouldnt flame em too much for them, they are human too

i would be really happy when we could find a solution for GCD so that all PLers are happy after...
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I'm getting mixed opinions here.

When I ask in-game or I'm told, they say they can compare to the pre-GCD speed or even improve since they are more "efficient".

But I have to say though, neither of the opinions are wrong Just personal tolerance and how welcome you are to change I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

ok what i see is this,
    the game was fine as it was, after the patch everyone is trying to find a way to play and giving suggestions about how to resolve the problem the gcd gives. all this wasnt needed before the patch.
    so gcd is here so now the buffs need to be longer, the gcd shouldnt be for the buffs, lets make it 0.5
    lets change this lets change that.
    so 1 change gives soooo much side effects that needs to be changed at the end there will be nothing left of the original game people fell in love with.

so its started with this and its gonna change the whole game.
    i really dont wanna flame or troll, i wish i had some contructive feedback, but i dont/cant. this goes all wrong and people are leavin or are frustrated with it.
    if this was the plan to keep a small group of hardcore player that are to adictive they ll swallow anything as long as they can play this, ur plan is working.
    ill be here to watch if anything changes for the better but will not play this anymore (i simple cant, like some one said, change everybodys pc for a slower one and people will not use it)
    Last edited by cynic; 04-14-2011 at 05:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    ok what i see is this,
    the game was fine as it was, after the patch everyone is trying to find a way to play and giving suggestions about how to resolve the problem the gcd gives. all this wasnt needed before the patch.
    so gcd is here so now the buffs need to be longer, the gcd shouldnt be for the buffs, lets chage this lets change that.
    so 1 change gives soooo much side effects that needs to be changed at the end there will be nothing left of the original game people fell in love with.

so its started with this and its gonna change the whole game.
    i really dont wanna flame or troll, i wish i had some contructive feedback, but i dont/cant. this goes all wrong and people are leavin or are frustrated with it.
    if this was the plan to keep a small group of hardcore player that are to adictive they ll swallow anything as long as they can play this, ur plan is working.
    ill be here to watch if anything changes for the better but will not play this anymore (i simple cant, like some one said, change everybodys pc for a slower one and people will not use it)
    I don't think they would have done it if they deemed it not needed.

I believe it's a good idea, you put everyone on equal footing - no multi-touch and device advantages/disadvantages. It's not perfect, maybe not even ideal yet, but I'm sure they will keep in mind the interest of the players.

Keep in mind it's only been roughly two days, and to make a change like this work, you always have to start with the most extreme and working yourself down to be able to hit the perfect amount. They can't add a small GDC, then increasing it every week, then decreasing again, then increasing again. How would that make you feel then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

@Elly, like this:

@Devs, me and a few friends have been playing a while. The only bad thing we noticed is that it's now very stressful for the eyes. It's not as ergonomic anymore that you have to watch the skill map every second to catch the GCD. I still push for queuing if that is something you can try and see if it can give the same result as the GCD model now.
    Last edited by Luchta; 04-14-2011 at 05:42 AM.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Psychedelic bro! :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

It's playable, but the last thing I would describe it as is "quite fast". They didn't reduce the speed, just that it is not server-side anymore.

Keep in mind it's only been roughly two days, and to make a change like this work, you always have to start with the most extreme and working yourself down to be able to hit the perfect amount. They can't add a small GDC, then increasing it every week, then decreasing again, then increasing again. How would that make you feel then?
    Disagree with you, hate to say. There is no reason to go to an extreme as a starting point, in general. Although they felt 0.5s delay wasn't extreme, a lot of their paying customers do (not saying if the customer is necessarily right or not, but that is for another thread someday). Although agreed with it's only been two days and there is time to iron the kinks out.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-14-2011 at 05:42 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    It's playable, but the last thing I would describe it as is "quite fast". They didn't reduce the speed, just that it is not server-side anymore.
    I say quite fast in relation to the previous GCD, when it seemed like a lot longer in between spells. It's helped though, that they made it like a small queue for your spells.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I say quite fast in relation to the previous GCD, when it seemed like a lot longer in between spells. It's helped though, that they made it like a small queue for your spells.
    If I wanted my spells to be queued, I'd go play a bunch of other boring unimaginative games. I understand STS felt there needed to be a fix to certain aspects of the game, but dragging it's uniqueness down and rep for speedy game play if you wanted and only had a few minutes, just to add in a huge altering factor that makes it more like all the other games, was a questionable decision in its approach.

PvP does seem better...win. PvE not so much...fail. I can adapt, but it doesn't mean I think it made the game better for the reason (PvE) that I play.

I like everything else about the update, minus the failjoin button, but not a fan of GCD in its current 0.5 second state, and they seem hell-bent on keeping it there instead of exploring tweaking it down.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-14-2011 at 05:50 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage