Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57007)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally I think they need to increase the GCD to something like 2 seconds. That way lag could be much better, and I could really plan each skill use. Maybe cut the mobs to half speed...

Honestly, the game is still fun, but not as much. The thing is if it's a pvp problem, institute it in pvp. If it's a lag issue, upgrade servers. If it is a client side issue, allow phones dumbed down graphics. Generally games try to push the envelope hardware wise, and each new iteration of phones can handle more.

I'm sure STS knows that balancing various classes is tough business, so it makes no sense to have a global cool down, that totally unbalances what they were working for in the past.

As it is, I can't get off my combos due to other party members screwing it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I tried that, and I don't think you're right. If I tap a skill while it's still flashing, it's still bright (not grayed out) when the flashing ends.
    Once usually doesn't do it, when I do it once it gives the impression that it's actually being used, but doesn't.

I usually have to do 3 quick successive taps on my second skill that I want to do. From what I've experienced, it only works at skills two at a time too.

1. Tap the skill that you want to initially use.
    2. Right after that, tap the next skill you want to use (this is where the 3 quick taps are).

If I do it fast enough, some animations of the skills even cancel out. (A Crushing Blow during Hell Scream). The GCD is still probably .5, but compared to the previous one when I couldn't even press a skill because of the GCD, this one seems faster somehow. Could be mistaken, just a personal opinion and observation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Echelong mentioned how GCD has moved the game away from the casual player because of the new timing elements that have been implimented. And there are a lot of comments on here complaining about this part of it. However, Cinco said in an earlier thread this is by design. So I don't believe it is something that you will see leave the game, regardless of the amount of complaining done by players use to the old style. The conversation started with a question about the original purpose of GCD and starts with Cinco's response. The quotes are below.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    GCD? To add choice and challenge to the game (which I admit has had almost none since it launched), make PvP matches last longer (long enough to make choices and employ strategy), and to reduce the very large number of simultaneous ability effects that would go off every time a group of players spammed their skills. The latter makes clients run slowly and introduces a fair bit of 'lag.'

- Cinco
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubletime View Post
    Thanks Cinco. I guess my only question is that -- doesn't this new element take away from the casual nature of the game that has created such a broad appeal and ease of play. I posted my other comments in the Feedback thread, but to me it seems like perhaps the GCD went too far in one directions at the cost of some of the things that make this game so fun and appealing to so many people. I am sure there is a happy medium somewhere. And I really am appreciative of the attention that you all, as developers, give to our feedback. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Yes - you can now get into situations where you must make critical choices between which skill (or combo) you attempt... or your consequences could be dire! This does make it a bit less casual than it was. I like this because, as a game designer, I don't really wish Pocket Legends to be the ultimate in casual role-playing. I want it to be somewhat more skill / choice oriented than it has been. The GCD achieves this. Downside is - GCD takes some getting used-to

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Ahh, I really want to, but I don't want PL to turn into an almost turn-by-turn type of game, especially since it's supposedly (from my understanding) a real-time MMORPG.

From my experience after the recent patch, there seems to be a really small queue on skills already. While your character is doing a skill animation, you can tap on your next skill and it'll follow shortly after. Barely noticeable, but when you look carefully at your character instead of the skills flashing, you'll see.
    Lesrider posted first but I'll confirm it. It doesn't queue. That's why I want it that you can queue as many skills but a cool time for example the whole animation to finish before the next one is actually fired/registered.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Once usually doesn't do it, when I do it once it gives the impression that it's actually being used, but doesn't.

I usually have to do 3 quick successive taps on my second skill that I want to do. From what I've experienced, it only works at skills two at a time too.

1. Tap the skill that you want to initially use.
    2. Right after that, tap the next skill you want to use (this is where the 3 quick taps are).

If I do it fast enough, some animations of the skills even cancel out. (A Crushing Blow during Hell Scream). The GCD is still probably .5, but compared to the previous one when I couldn't even press a skill because of the GCD, this one seems faster somehow. Could be mistaken, just a personal opinion and observation
    Sorry, but that sounds even worse to me. In what world would anyone want to tap a skill three times to make it work?
    Actually, I don't even think you CAN tap 3 times during the GCD -- are you sure your third tap isn't simply hitting AFTER the GCD?
    Last edited by Lesrider; 04-14-2011 at 07:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Sorry, but that sounds even worse to me. In what world would anyone want to tap a skill three times to make it work?
    Actually, I don't even think you CAN tap 3 times during the GCD -- are you sure your third tap isn't simply hitting AFTER the GCD?
    One sec, let me upload a video, I just took a quick one.

You can "tap" it somehow. To me it comes up like its been tapped, but hasn't been used. The skill icon I'm spamming even flashes 2-3 times before it's actually used.

Let me upload, hopefully it's understandable. It also shows how my Crushing Blow animation cancels out to Hell Scream.

I could be dead wrong, and just misunderstanding the queue as something else. So hopefully the video can have me corrected
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 04-14-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If STS believes that PvP comes first and view PvE as an addon, then my posting campaign comes to an end.

For reference so STS can know who their customer was in me...
    Over 35 yrs old, post college degree, middle class, avid PvE. I was looking for something fast paced to play while kids hogged tv with wiggles and disney movies and i had no access to my PS3. I made few friends, didnt talk in groups, was cordial and would give and receive advise when necessary. Solo alot because too many time i had to put the phone down to take care of a boo-boo, diaper, etc. And that would have made me a bad groupie. not much time to play, so when i could those were precious moments. PL filled the void, then i forgot about my PS3 for a long time as i would play my longer sessions when kids were alseep. Looks like i need to blow the dust off my controller.

I sign off with some final thoughts.
    1. Its easier, in general, to keep current customers than to find new ones.
    2. What was created may not have been what you wanted or thought, but it was a success
    3. How solid that your research on the need of PvP over PvE
    4. Are you tracking loop timeand taking into consideration the number of people logged in?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

One sec, let me upload a video, I just took a quick one.

You can "tap" it somehow. To me it comes up like its been tapped, but hasn't been used. The skill icon I'm spamming even flashes 2-3 times before it's actually used.

Let me upload, hopefully it's understandable. It also shows how my Crushing Blow animation cancels out to Hell Scream.
    That's either the cancellation or lag. I posted about it earlier in the previous page,

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...l=1#post261658
    Last edited by Luchta; 04-14-2011 at 08:27 AM.
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luchta View Post
    That's either the cancellation or lag. I posted about it earlier in the previous page,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mswiT0NqWD8

Apologise for the view and the quality, I just did a quick one with phone.

I could be wrong, maybe I misinterpret the cancelling as a queue. It just seems to me that the skills flow through each other faster, as compared to the previous GCD.

Edit:

Now that I re-read your post, cancellation would make sense to the multiple flashing of the icon.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 04-14-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

look like u can cast 1 skill 3 times ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    look like u can cast 1 skill 3 times ?
    I think that's what Luchta means by the cancellation, which I interpreted as being some sort of queue.

It only actually casts once, when it actually starts its CD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please get rid of global cool down, it ruins gameplay. I love this game but the GCD is awful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You should see my version/attempt to combo or do the 3 taps with my current 2k ping lag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n121VYo9kNA

Yes in the previous patch. the skills will actually go on cool-down all together for .5 seconds and now it looks as if it's only half of the previous one. I'm not sure if I got it correct.

Added: Wow I didn't realize someone actually puked when I was taking the video. LOL!
    Last edited by Luchta; 04-14-2011 at 09:09 AM.
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

wow that was deleted quickly!

edit: there was something written between luchta and me, that was so quickly removed, seems a protest isnt ok here?
    Last edited by cynic; 04-14-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luchta View Post
    You should see my version/attempt to combo or do the 3 taps with my current 2k ping lag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n121VYo9kNA

Yes in the previous patch. the skills will actually go on cool-down all together for .5 seconds and now it looks as if it's only half of the previous one. I'm not sure if I got it correct.

Added: Wow I didn't realize someone actually puked when I was taking the video. LOL!
    I think that's exactly what the devs are trying to sway away from, the speed of how fast skills are supposed to be used.

Just a rough guess, but those 4 skills in your column, you pressed them in roughly 1 second?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a full int Mage I need to be able to heal and buff my party as well as cast my spells. This is now impossible to do with the GCD. And as for Rezin party members takes too much time now cause I am fighting for my life and other members there for the one who died must wait for the Rez. Please remove this GCD so we can effiicently play our role in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great game, not a big fan of the GCD but I suppose I'll get used to it eventually.

The one thing since the update that really bothers me though, is the fact that even with all sound turned off, I still get the new sound of ppl landing in the pool in the towne of Alien Oasis. Having heard it once it quite enough imo.

I'd appreciate an option to turn it off along with the other sounds, or to stop the repetition of said sound.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Olli Walli View Post
    Feels better. I can roll through my skills now. Not perfect, but better.
    I haven't had a chance to catch up with the threads but after spending a couple of solid hours each the past two nights I'm finding that GCD isn't that bad and I'm getting used to it. The pace of PUG runs seem to be picking up as players are likely getting used to the same system. I ran a few runs with Phys and Mooger with my bird and while the times are slower than "normal", they were still pretty decent. This morning I ran a few runs with Narilover with my Pally and I swear Catacombs seems easier than ever. I do wish I can heal the team faster, though. Sorry, I'm not a PvP player so I can't comment on that.

Cinco has stated that GCD is here to stay and while the general feelings from the community is very negative, I find it to be okay.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

BTW, one issue totally unrelated to GCD... the change to quests to automatically offer the next quest (if available) after completing one works most of the time. I find that sometimes it won't work like that for quests which start with a particular quest giver and end at a different NPC, who is then supposed to offer a new quest.

Also, if a single NPC has 2 or more quests to get simultaneously, it doesn't seem to work as intended there either. You accept the first quest and then have to start a second conversation to get the next quest.

Note: I was seeing this both pre- and post- patch with 1.7.1.
    Last edited by Duke; 04-14-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OMG !

Make a sewer king set bonus ..