Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57007)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dont care about other people using multitap, usually theyre birds, im a mage, i dont care, i just want gcd gone, its supposed to reduce lag in fights, and in turn it actually adds lag, the global cooldown on the skills really messes up my ipod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

If it's just about multitap, wouldn't a .01 cooldown take care of that? (As many others have mentioned)
    So can't be all about that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

guys, am i the only one who likes the quickplay? devs are you even addressing this? i've been telling you guys about this since the first day of the update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ok, I just tried my hand at a map I was being owned at due to Gcd and it worked a heck of a lot better. I still would rather it have not been implemented and I hate being a beta tester when I never asked to, but it works and here we are. I'm gonna go play my bird now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    If it's just about multitap, wouldn't a .01 cooldown take care of that? (As many others have mentioned)
    I'm still hoping for that or just allow queuing. I hope the devs reconsider. Maybe this coming patch in the afternoon?
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    It would probably have to be a 0.01 server-based cool down. Lag would effect the actual length of time. If it was just a device cool down like with the recent patch, it may still give some devices an advantage over others.

The funny thing is that if we were talking PC gaming, it would be considered the user's own fault and responsibility to go out and find a better device. If the cool down was really intended to limit some kind of multi-touch advantage for PvP, it would be an odd choice to apply it across the board and "punish" the majority.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nice change with the GCD devs. it feels more sharper now. but still i still keep on looking at the skills to check if they are available to use now. maybe i just have to get used to it. oh please put back the quickplay..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by nabidavid View Post
    It would probably have to be a 0.01 server-based cool down. Lag would effect the actual length of time. If it was just a device cool down like with the recent patch, it may still give some devices an advantage over others.

The funny thing is that if we were talking PC gaming, it would be considered the user's own fault and responsibility to go out and find a better device. If the cool down was really intended to limit some kind of multi-touch advantage for PvP, it would be an odd choice to apply it across the board and "punish" the majority.
    I can relate to that but I have to keep in mind that whatever is being done to improve PvP, is something that should have been prioritized from the start. At least that's what balance in other MMORPG is all about. I don't want to create a useless mage just to die against a bird with the same level with only 4 skills that burst like jet fuel.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

As great as PvE is, there's only going to be so much content that is released at once. Everyone hits that plateau where they're at level cap, have all the best gear and are sitting on a treasure hoard. There's not much else to do except have fun in PvP. Its the end-game. I never tried PvP because I figured its busted if people can spam multiple skills at once. Now I'm going to jump into my first virgin PvP game pretty soon.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

This is coming from a PvP perspective. I must admit, pvp is not so bad. Usually I play in less than 3g conditions (E) and get slaughtered because of my lag. Well last night playing with no lag I got almost 200 kills. I'm over 8000 kills now. What i've noticed is timing is different, the gcd requires one to be more patient and methodical. You can still kill people quick like before. It seems like everyone liked killing everyone else in a nano second. Birds especially. It takes more skill imo to play now, its RTS now (real time strategy) instead of who can hit their spells the quickest. When fighting pallys, I use debuffs first instead of going for immediate combo (after buffing first of course) this also works well with bears. I've seen birds fair well in GCD, to name names, HmmHmm kicks butt. It imo, shows which players are truely skilled and smart and which ones used multi or simply had a better/quicker connection and fingers. Of course one may generalize this post and say oh it's because Alwaysdtf is a mage. Well other classes like my friend Jcolt (dual bear) is doing well too. GCD makes you use your actual weapon, now the auto attack/melee is important. Before you did not need to hit auto attack or target just kill via spells. I'm liking it now where as I did not initially. I'm more into RTS I guess, games like Starcraft. PvP people are smart and learn very fast, stop complaining and adjust. You may like it. And for the birds!!!! Devs gave you guys a boost, plus damage!! On skills, each has more damage, not to mention,the insane set bonus for recurve set. The lower cool down should help as well, I'm enjoying it more than .5 s - DTF
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All i want is SEWER KING SET BONUUUUUS !!!! :'(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't get a chance to play much before the GCD was implemented...

Perhaps I am in the minority if I find I am button mashing *MORE* because I cba to look at my skills for when the CD is over. The "snappier" update seemed to help a little, but I actually was thinking through my mage combos more prior to the change /shrug

I think what other people have brought up about intentions and practical application are valid. If the intention is to limit multitouch spamming, then shorten the CD. If it is also intended to make players "think" more and be more intentional about their skill casts, then continuing to tweak the length and/or separating heals+buffs from damage+debuffs would help mage gameplay a lot. I find myself healing more often than launching combos since

1.) People are having trouble not being able to spam and so are then taking more damage than normal.
    2.) Other mages aren't healing themselves(?) lol.
    3.) By the time I can try to create my own ice/fire combo, the mob is already dead due to GCD.

Some if not most of that is probably since 99% of my play time is with random PUGs.

However, on another note, TYVM for the noticeable reduction in farting/puking spam~
    Last edited by Azira; 04-14-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

After the last patch this morning, it's better. At least I can Thorn Wall and have it still in effect by the time I get my combo off. Mages Lightning/ice/Fire still doesn't work due to the lag time between spells. Shorter yet or gone entirely would be optimal.

Other stuff:
    Made a new char this morning to try the new interface. Honestly, I kind of miss the storyline aspect of the old tutorial. I also didnt like that I had nothing showing on my screen with zombies standing in front of me. There was a delay before the "tap on your attack button" instruction came up followed by finally getting an attack button. The other concern is you wind up with less pots starting out. Before, I'd come out of the tutorial having played it to level 3 with 20 or more of each pot type and having been able to buy some gear. Now, I'm booped out in front of Hawken, with 16 health and 14 mana, crappy armor and weapon and less gold, making me unable to afford anything better in FH. Also....a boss? In a tutorial? Virtually guaranteeing you'll have to use one of your now-fewer pots?

ETA: just hit level 3, with 2 quests completed and have a whopping 223 gold. Enough to (barely) afford a level 1 bow, but nowhere near enough for a level 2, let alone a level 3. Zero pots dropped from any of the chests in Hawken's area and I'm using mana at a crazy high rate due to having to use a bow that requires 34 shots (!) to kill a single zombie and so using Blast shot at every opportunity.

Last night in V Lap on my 55 and this morning in AO1 with a level 35 Mage I had everything stop on the screen. Dead, full stop. Then suddenly, the action kicked back in. Unfortunately, it kicked in with my Mage dying. Both times I had signed on shortly before, coming from a cold device that had just come out of total shutdown so it shouldn't have been a cache issue.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 04-14-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Typos/additional info
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I personally am disappointed in the GCD, hate it... most other updated issues I can handle... As a matter of fact - Hats off to the Dev team for the hard, FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dedicated work they give us all... I got so frustrated with the GCD earlier I just found no fun in just playing, very rare for me since I LOVE the Game - until GCD was put on. Got to say the rest was great - looks were great and all Devs... That GCD kinda killed my will to want to buy plat now and put money in - since I just die much faster. To each their own on thoughts and opinions, but for me - Not sure what I'll do now my fav game is not as fun... Please consider Devs, Please - another way to raise the money you need or fix what ever it was that the GCD is suppose to limit or fix. Either way - I understand - as in business, most all good things do come to an end sooner or later.

Thanks guys, been fun... AWESOME actually till that GCD was put in... You guys are great either way. I'm sure their is a fix, if I think of something I'll post it. Best wishes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ahhh one other thing... The mana shield isn't protecting like it use to - Turn it on - and at times I still take full heath damage - weird... Not sure that is known or not - but felt I needed to bring it up for a Dev to look into if others are having this issue as well... Point is to make a game so smooth and people so happy to play it - they come back for more over and over and spread the word, until - well money income is not a problem any longer... Win/Win that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Just finished playing for 30 minutes on my lunch break at work and I noticed something. On my 3G connection the game is performing as well as my pre-GCD wifi connection. Is anybody else noticing this? Everything seems faster and smoother to me in terms of graphics and animations.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Gcd is much better now! Thanks for all the work! I prefer the old version, but I think I can live with this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Just finished playing for 30 minutes on my lunch break at work and I noticed something. On my 3G connection the game is performing as well as my pre-GCD wifi connection. Is anybody else noticing this? Everything seems faster and smoother to me in terms of graphics and animations.
    Yeah, actually, it does seem like pre-gcd. I had fun playing my bird and my bear PVE in groups. Thanks, devs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,
    The game in the past day has gotten better. Why? Well because those of us that are playing, and trudging through these latest changes have adapted. Groups are alot tighter and all of the borderline insane types of play styles has disappeared. No one seems to stand out anymore. Perhaps all the players that impressed me with their play pre gcd were just mashers.
    I know my play is less impressive due to the new gcd, but i still have the same playstyle, its just slower.
    Here are my current thoughts:
    * shorten the gcd. 0.125 secs might be acceptable, but I may be able to play happily with 0.250 secs. Even if it stays at 0.5 I will still play
    *the new faces are cool, except for the Koala. It looks like it just woke up and needs coffee, the Teddy Ruxpin face looks alot fiercer than the sleepy Koala.
    *the join friends fix is on the way, cool.
    *new set bonuses. Has anyone seen these?
    Cheers
    Bagwaan(56 Tank Bear), Bowberry(55 Bow Bear), Bowbag(52 Bird), Darunee(52 Elf)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, its a bit easier with low-level characters... but still HELL for my 53 bird
    If you guys want GCD to stay, could you at least limit cool down to lets say 2 abilities? it would really help