Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57007)

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

The main effect is half a second is now actually half a second, not half a second + server delay. Much more snappy

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CappinClutch View Post
    Nope...GCD seems no different...until I can t-t-t-tap my skills, still major fail. IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!!! shoulda left well enough alone...
    I agree 100% PL is(maybe was) my favourite game of all time. And one of the best parts was the fast paced action, and being able to cast my aoe spells and then mana shield right after to stop me from dieng. Which I simply can't do anymore. The world map and friends list icons are great in the main menu. Those are what I always used when I logged in, so tyvm for that. But with the gcd, sewers is painfully tedious, and bandit stronghold is significantly harder because I guess you can't pull just 1 of them anymore. Everything else in the update I absolutely love except for the gcd. I guess you guys made it faster? But there really seems to be little to no difference. I spend half the time playing staring at the cooldown to make sure I can use my next spell, and that takes away a lot of fun. Playing the game kind of seems like work now.. Luckily I'm a paladin, so I don't die very easily, otherwise I would, from having to look at the cooldown constantly. I'm sure other classes have a much harder time. My favourite thing was being able to run headfirst into a room of baddies and blow them away with spells like a nuke. And it just isn't the same..
    Rhudien--Level 56 Dual Class [Paladin/Pure Int](my pride and joy pink magnet)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Wow, this change made a night and day difference. I really like the GCD in this incarnation. It is much smoother now. Thanks for the quick update!
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh and another thing, why do we even have to have the gcd? I just don't understand, and even though it's a little faster, it's still extremely tedious to play now.

I appreciate the hard work you guys at spacetime have put into this game, and you've never disappointed me before, only amazed, but now I gotta say I'm a little dissapointed =[
    Rhudien--Level 56 Dual Class [Paladin/Pure Int](my pride and joy pink magnet)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Could the GCD time be device specific? I am playing using an iPad and it feels fine to me. I don't feel a difference in spell casting. Then again my iPad is only using 3gb of the 16gb hahaha. Just trying to help narrow it down for the Devs. Post what devices you are using so they can get an idea exactly who is being affected by long times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rhudien View Post
    I agree 100% PL is(maybe was) my favourite game of all time. And one of the best parts was the fast paced action, and being able to cast my aoe spells and then mana shield right after to stop me from dieng. Which I simply can't do anymore. The world map and friends list icons are great in the main menu. Those are what I always used when I logged in, so tyvm for that. But with the gcd, sewers is painfully tedious, and bandit stronghold is significantly harder because I guess you can't pull just 1 of them anymore. Everything else in the update I absolutely love except for the gcd. I guess you guys made it faster? But there really seems to be little to no difference. I spend half the time playing staring at the cooldown to make sure I can use my next spell, and that takes away a lot of fun. Playing the game kind of seems like work now.. Luckily I'm a paladin, so I don't die very easily, otherwise I would, from having to look at the cooldown constantly. I'm sure other classes have a much harder time. My favourite thing was being able to run headfirst into a room of baddies and blow them away with spells like a nuke. And it just isn't the same..
    You can still have that experience of running into a pile of mobs and nuking them to hell. Just go to Glumdoll Cemetary and farm Vyxnaar and nuke those bastards!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Oh and another thing, why do we even have to have the gcd? I just don't understand, and even though it's a little faster, it's still extremely tedious to play now.

I appreciate the hard work you guys at spacetime have put into this game, and you've never disappointed me before, only amazed, but now I gotta say I'm a little dissapointed =[
    Same here i gave it a try but it was such a bore for me so i came here it did get fatser but i got to admit.....i prefer to have no gcd at all
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Really appreciate the prompt response by the Devs. GCD is definitely better but still not quite there yet. Feels like a small tweak (shorter cooldown) would satisfy most people. Change to have only live skills flash gcd definitely helps.
    PL -- Azifaiarah - Lvl 66 Mage; Ilikealot - Lvl 70 Bird; Wachuneed - Lvl 61 Bear
    AL -- BrokenCry - Lvl 25 Warrior; Zeezom - Lvl 20 Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cinco answered your question in a thread regarding the need for GCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It seems a little better, but you should make it .25 faster. A side note, you should change to the color of GCD so it does not distract the eye. My true opinion which I played the game day in and day out, and I haven't missed a day yet is please literally take away GCD. I use to think i was a decent pure dex bird pvp player but I'm getting owned by mages left and right now. I had little problems with them before, now it almost seems impossible. I still hate it please just take it out, no GCD..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I still find myself staring at my skills. Before GCD, i could see each skill's CD out of the corner of my eye, so didnt need to stare at it the whole time. Not the case now. And my finger wants to tap skills, but I have to stop it. Just does not feel right.
    And that's just in town...

I think if skills are going to be cut back like this, our weapons need to be much more effective and/or add passive skills so we're not completely relying on these active skills to get through a dungeon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

The GCD still seems a little excessive. While I can manage effectively (after several play throughs) it is just slowing me down. I have tried to do my normal log in run plasma one time and log out. Generally easy to do in less than 6 mins to clear solo. The best I can do now is about 8.

I am working to try and get comfortable with it. Anyways no worries on my part. You guys rock and you will get it sorted out.
    Last edited by Yvonnel; 04-13-2011 at 05:27 PM.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

There's no point in requesting for it to be removed. They've already stated that it's here to stay. Start adapting to it while they're tweaking it and rebalancing the mechanics. You'll be back to owning people in no time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CappinClutch View Post
    Nope...GCD seems no different...until I can t-t-t-tap my skills, still major fail. IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!!! shoulda left well enough alone...
    No GCD, very well said. Please just take out GCD, I believe it is a fail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Whaaaaaaaaat GCD to STAY if its like this i would rather just quit
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I still find myself staring at my skills. Before GCD, i could see each skill's CD out of the corner of my eye, so didnt need to stare at it the whole time. Not the case now. And my finger wants to tap skills, but I have to stop it. Just does not feel right.
    And that's just in town...

I think if skills are going to be cut back like this, our weapons need to be much more effective and/or add passive skills so we're not completely relying on these active skills to get through a dungeon.
    It will take awhile for your muscle memory and timing to sync up with GCD but it will happen. You can't just try the new update for a couple runs and then say it doesn't work. I really do believe we can adapt to this latest iteration. I went through a few runs and it actually feels really good. Once I got the timing, it started to feel as if I was rolling into my next skill without having to stare at the skill map. I like it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

gcd still needs to be 0.25 sec instead of 0.5 second, would make a huuge change and still stop the multitap people, it will also feel alot less restricted and make people more focusing on timing instead of spam tapping a skill waiting for gcd

i still prefered it without one, but if it has to have one then atleast make it 0.25 seconds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Whaaaaaaaaat GCD to STAY if its like this i would rather just quit
    If that is the case I think I'm right behind you. Just take off GCD! Recent update stated it helped out GCD, and a in game note from the dev asked us to please give a try. How can anyone do combos with this, it was fine the way it was before. I am barely holding on to this game honestly, I honestly enjoyed it {before}. Good luck with GCD, i believe it is a big fail.. Take everyone here's opinion into consideration. It is a pocket game, meant for fast past not slower pace. You might have to take few steps backwards only to go forward. Last words NO GCD!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkerelf View Post
    If that is the case I think I'm right behind you. Just take off GCD! Recent update stated it helped out GCD, and a in game note from the dev asked us to please give a try. How can anyone do combos with this, it was fine the way it was before. I am barely holding on to this game honestly, I honestly enjoyed it {before}. Good luck with GCD, i believe it is a big fail.. Take everyone here's opinion into consideration. It is a pocket game, meant for fast past not slower pace. You might have to take few steps backwards only to go forward. Last words NO GCD!
    I must be new, because I can Shatter scream, drop a thorn wall, then blast shot, and it says 'combo', and I can do that with GCD. So I must be confused on what a combo is, can you please explain?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Gcd is very good now! Gj gj and ow ye GJ!
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up