Thread: Any way to beat Arena Obelisk with 2 Players?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Default Any way to beat Arena Obelisk with 2 Players?

Is there any way for two 'normal' Rogues to beat the Arena bosses once they get enraged with the Obelisk?

We've tried all the various tips (stand by the door, no pets, etc) but we the bosses still end up getting enraged.
    Plus without pets we are so weak that we just end up dying.

We can beat all the other environments, except for this one.

* Are there any pets that work in this environment? All of them seem to eventually hit the obelisk from what we see.
    (Note: I'm pretty sure that when we used Kelvin he did 'not' manage to stun the spider boss, so not sure if stun pets work here?)

* Any particular weapons to use? Using bows right now, would daggers be better?

* Are there any particular skills that would be useful? We're primarily using Aimed and Nox right now

The arena was 'fun' until we starting getting the obelisk environment over and over, 8^(.

Would love to hear how to beat this environment without having to scrounge up a full party all the time.

Thanks.
    Last edited by PhoenixPrime; 06-02-2015 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Note about stun pets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

The only stun pet that works for Mother at the moment is... a mage. It's not that hard to not trigger obelisk before 50-60% HP. Just avoid using pet AoE pet AA's and stay glued to the fence/walls. You'll also need to add pierce and veil/traps to your skill rotation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Madnex:

We love pierce, just that a lot of people were saying not to use it with the obelisk, so we stopped.

Going to try hugging the walls more and putting veil back in our rotation and see how that helps out.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

there only 1 boss is geting enrage (its have bug).

- use grimm or kelvin (i prefer grimm on spider)

- aimshot for the pull boss
    - dry the gate and run left right (mostly 1 player stay rightside of door - other player leftside)
    -try to dont use multi shoot skills if its risk to hit obelisk.
    -use kelvin stun only when its needed
    -try to not stay together. some bosses can kill both on 1 hit. so for the dont die together; try to stay 1 leftside and 1 other side of gate.

if the boss geting enrage even you dont hit, its mean boss buged. leave or kill on enrage. (use most stronger pets)

On enrage some bosses easy just safe range. but some are almost imposible. so if its a easy boss like spider; just kill.

There only 1 boss have bug. geting enrage even you dont hit obelisk. i forget hes name :/

Hope thats help you. Bad english but i do more than .k run and give up. No 1 nekro no 1 drop and its stressing when ppl around me keep geting drops even they run lesser than me.. (sometimes ppl get on first run haha my bad lucky)

Good luck.
    Last edited by VenomsChaos; 06-02-2015 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Also i wanted add this info.. there 1 boss who run on you like pulling and smashing. i forget hes name but it looks like a bull..

if it comes with obelix, just use same step. but this time dont dry wall-gate.. stay far from wallk like 1 mage step so he will push you and cant smash..

Also on spider+obelisk tip; if the spider pulling you on first aimshot, its start to obelisk time. just die and reset boss.. than again hit with aimshot but this time do it with running left-right on wall.. probably he will not pull, and obelisk will be not start count..

if you have questions about mushrooms-spiders, i can try explain but as i said i have english problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPrime View Post
    Madnex:

We love pierce, just that a lot of people were saying not to use it with the obelisk, so we stopped.

Going to try hugging the walls more and putting veil back in our rotation and see how that helps out.

Thanks for the info.
    That's probably not a bad tip if you're not very experienced or well-geared (to take one-hits, veil helps a ton). I was just making sure you're maximizing your damage output after enrage timer was set off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    That's probably not a bad tip if you're not very experienced or well-geared (to take one-hits, veil helps a ton). I was just making sure you're maximizing your damage output after enrage timer was set off.
    Your advice was spot on.

Did a respec and put shadow veil back in and hugged the wall (one on each side). Were able to get bosses down to below halfway before obelisk would get triggered (wayward arrow or pet etc).
    After that just used every attack we could until boss was down. Has worked multiple times for us now.

Thanks again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenomsChaos View Post
    Also i wanted add this info.. there 1 boss who run on you like pulling and smashing. i forget hes name but it looks like a bull..

if it comes with obelix, just use same step. but this time dont dry wall-gate.. stay far from wallk like 1 mage step so he will push you and cant smash..

Also on spider+obelisk tip; if the spider pulling you on first aimshot, its start to obelisk time. just die and reset boss.. than again hit with aimshot but this time do it with running left-right on wall.. probably he will not pull, and obelisk will be not start count..

if you have questions about mushrooms-spiders, i can try explain but as i said i have english problem
    I think the spider was one of the problems we ran into before, it did a pull and the timer started.
    We'll just remember to keep hugging the walls, that seems to be working for us right now, 8^)