Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Good Point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default Good Point

Found this on a dif thread and it made since to me so I thought it deserved it's own thread

Zylx; I will say that as a middle-class rogue, I hate how wide the gap is between the poor and the rich. I have 3,400 hp, 535 dmg, and 1,440 armor, while there are rogues out there with 5,000hp, 900dmg, and 1,800 armor. Keep in mind, I have upgraded myth set, exped bow pot, arlorian eggshell ring, and wild talisman. All with fire gems. Altogether, it's about 1.5m? Not everyone csn even afford that. And then when the content gets released configured to the op players, how fair is that for us?

I would like STS to bring back the itemization system that was supposed to have been executed during this expansion that was replaced by the event system. Elite loot should be refreshed every so often (per se, monthly or bimonthly) with NEW and BETTER gear. This would give us always something to farm for.

Now that expansions are dragging along a year and a half apart, you do not need to have the mythic gear's demanding utility last the full expansion. When someone like me who hasn't had a new item since the expansion hit over a year ago that is somewhat affordable (eggshell is barely better than archon, and wild talis barely better than lv30 pendants), and then the rich are constantly getting new items, buffs, etc that widen the gap even more, that's just not fair.

I really hope STS realizes this and that the next expansion will be totally different. I hope the gap shortens to the point that you don't feel discouraged when you get one-hit everywhere and knowing the reason why is because your stats make you 10 lvls below someone in the same lvl in your party
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Wrong section

And idk wat to say, every mmorpgs need to add more and better items. But i think AL is doin something wrong. I mean if the arcane ring,planar pendant,lv41 myths were set to lv46 and their rarities downgraded a level (arcane to myth,etc) people wont complain and a maxed 41 wont have much stat diff vs non maxed. Arcane rarity is a huge fail imo, especially bcuz its only available via plat. And the late expansion made sts add better and better items to current cap, so gap is made bigger.

IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I agree with this point but I do think STS are taking steps to address the issue. The new mythic set will be farmable, and I suspect not tradeable (though some of the crafting elements definitely will be), meaning if you want the set you'll have to work for it, not simply buy it. Nightshade was offered for tokens. HOPEFULLY elon weapons will be avail for tokens too in Ursoths.

I think plat buyers should have an advantage but not one that a dedicated farmer can never ever overcome. I buy a little plat (but still in the $100s) and still am firmly middleclass. Just like IRL, too big a class disparity hurts everyone. If 'rich' players are too OP then soon enough they'll be the only ones occupying the game. I think STS is aware of this though, and a change of season is the perfect opportunity to address this!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to carmine_blade For This Useful Post:

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

This is certainly a good point, and one we are taking into consideration with the new content. Just like Zylx mentioned, this new expansion we are doing a deeper dive into our itemization strategy to make gear progression much smoother, plus adding new ways to get the rarest loot--like crafting the new mythics. It will certainly be a process, but we are hearing you and taking every step possible to smooth out the experience and make it a tad more predictable going forward.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

To me, the ideal solution (for the coming cap) would be to provide a legendary armor and weapon set that far surpasses any current lvl 41 set, and is incredibly easy to farm (as easy as say, a breeze egg). Then create mythics that give roughly 100-300hp, 5-10 dmg 50-100 armor and 50-100 mana more than these sets. That will make the mythics worth farming for, but it will still be possible to compete without them.

Additionally, mythic weapons should have a maximum of 30 dmg more than the legendary ones.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I don't agree with you, i think the next best items after the mythic armors and weapons should be straight up purchasable by plat and not tradeable. They should make the quest for the new items easier for who bought them and lose relevance later in the expansion. Sts should add more stuff that don't necessarily make you op but that are neat to have like the adventurers kit or some new exclusive vanities that are worth more than 25 plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

I too am middle class and get most of my funds from elite farming. It's extremely difficult to do elite farming currently with the one hits and bad loot to stay profitable. I hope in the expansion we too can get the elusive promised items like the fossil that for some just never seemed to surface despite an entire season of arena farming. If the items are available, make it a count/token system and not a luck based system. Make shortcut mythic items available to plat spenders!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!