Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please consider this to make the game feel smoother with GCD (or without!).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    I for one think that the aesthetics alone need to be reviewed: the way the cool down is shown (overwhelming shading and filling back up and colors reappearing) is next to have a huge blinking neon sign saying COOLDOWN ENGAGED! Should be discreet like in most other games (a little vertical bar like the weapon cool down (which is horizontal) would work).
    That might be true, but I'm not sure how it can be improved. At the same time as it may be distracting, you also want it to be blatantly obvious when it's on cooldown, so you don't waste your time tapping.
    So I'm not sure how they can find a happy medium -- I'll leave that up to the devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just signed on to PL in my car while taking a quick stogie break from work. I used to time my breaks by doing a full round of plasma pyramid with time to spare, but now after a GCD even with a smooth group I found that I was late going back to work by 2 min. I understand the importance of a GCD so that you can't use all your skills at once such as WoW where a hunter has strong spammable skills... but this game where theres only a max of 12 total skills with a cooldown on each skill, this GCD is wayyyyyyyyy too long. I needs to be either shortened or even better removed completely. If its a PVP issue where the archer can blast someone dead, then fine add a gcd in pvp area but not on actual PVE content where the name of the game is to level.
    Last edited by miko57wang; 04-14-2011 at 03:18 PM.