Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nekro - Overpowered?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Nekro - Overpowered?

Lots of threads have been popping up asking why Nekro is so OP. Those who joined later should know it was a useless arcane pet when it was first released. Hence it was buffed. But the buff went too far.

Yes, there was also the intention of it being the first pet to counter Shady N Surge. And Nekro does it perfectly. But its not what a game should be about. Now every player is after Nekro. And yes, its good that there's an ultimate pet everyone wants. But it should not be game-altering.

You will all agree with me when I say, Nekro is basically an advanced mage. It panics, gives an amazing shield, provides stun immunity and does the most damage on passive out of all the arcane pets. And it doesn't end there. It also provides a speed boost, which allows players to easily escape huge mob situations in PvE and to easily move past the tanks and waltz around the opposite team and kill in PvP clashes. The days of using careful maneuvering and strategies are past. This pet literally substitutes skill. Even from a game developer POV, this shouldn't be allowed to happen. The whole point of this game is teamwork, considering that every PvE map can have 4 players and 5 for PvP. But with a Nekro, you just dont need experience and skill anymore. You can try to hide but if the Nekro user knows anything about PvP and moving, he/she will easily get to you.

Now yes, there are people who will say that nerfing Nekro will crown SNS as the king of pets in PvP. But I beg to differ. Removing Nekro's speed boost and Panic will allow it to maintain its purpose of countering SNS as the shield will protect from huge damage and one won't be stunned on top of pools.

Furthermore, it will bring back strategies into the game. Clashes wont be just activating Nekro AA and rushing in and not caring about taking hits. Strategies are what PvP and PvE should be about. The shield itself is extremely OP but it is needed to counter SNS. But the panic and the speed boost is plain unnecessary. Their only purpose now is to substitute actual skill and allow mistakes to be made in clashes or huge pulls.Flawless playing is what makes the best of players. With Nekro, people wont notice mistakes and that is a huge downside to the game.

For those of you who didn't wait to read all of this, I say it again. The fix I propose to make Nekro less game-changing is to remove its speed boost and its chance to panic on AA.

You are free to voice your opinions but please keep this thread drama-free.

Cheers ^_^
    Last edited by Slowking; 06-06-2015 at 10:31 AM.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Slowking For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slowking View Post
    Lots of threads have been popping up asking why Nekro is so OP. Those who joined later should know it was a useless arcane pet when it was first released. Hence it was buffed. But the buff went too far.

Yes, there was also the intention of it being the first pet to counter Shady N Surge. And Nekro does it perfectly. But its not what a game should be out. Now every player is after Nekro. And yes, its good that there's an ultimate pet everyone wants. But it should not be game-altering.

You will all agree with me when I say, Nekro is basically an advanced mage. It panics, gives an amazing shield, provides stun immunity and does the most damage on passive out of all the arcane pets. And it doesn't end there. It also provides a speed boost, which allows players to easily escape huge mob situations in PvE and to easily move past the tanks and waltz around the opposite team and kill in PvP clashes. The days of using careful maneuvering and strategies are past. This pet literally substitutes skill. Even from a game developer POV, this shouldn't be allowed to happen. The whole point of this game is teamwork, considering that every PvE map can have 4 players and 5 for PvP. But with a Nekro, you just dont need experience and skill anymore. You can try to hide but if the Nekro user knows anything about ctf and moving, he/she will easily get to you.

Now yes, there are people who will say that nerfing Nekro will crown SNS as the king of pets in PvP. But I beg to differ. Removing Nekro's speed boost and Panic will allow it to maintain its purpose of countering SNS as the shield will protect from huge damage and one won't be stunned on top of pools.

Furthermore, it will bring back strategies into the game. Clashes wont be just activating Nekro AA and rushing in and not caring about taking hits. Strategies are what PvP should be about. The shield itself is extremely OP but it is needed to counter SNS. But the panic and the speed boost is plain unnecessary. Their only purpose now is to substitute actual skill and allow mistakes to be made in clashes or huge pulls.Flawless playing is what makes the best of players. With Nekro, people wont notice mistakes and that is huge downside to the game.

For those of you who didn't wait to read all of this, I say it again. The fix I propose to make Nekro less game-changing is to remove its speed boost and its chance to panic on AA.

Cheers ^_^
    Sotrue that StS went way way way too far on. Buffing necro it actually REALLY gives a mage shield to ANYONE in its range which is so unfair and they should remove panic and speed boost and actually reduce the dmg reduction imagine by 40%?!?!? Like ftw its like a mage shield without upgrades so its really not fair I think they should reduce to 30% or 25% cause its way too strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

This is probably a big problem at endgame as a lot of users at endgame have nekro but at twinking theirs few and far between

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Couldn't have put it better myself man. Kudos!

Nekro is the single most game changing and just plain OP pet ever in the game. The arguments about Samael are invalid. The ONLY reason it was considered OP was because of pet spamming. People who're paying attention would notice Samael becoming distinctly less game changing post-spam era. Nekro on the other hand...

In a 1v1 of two of the same class fighting, the Nekro user will almost nine times out of ten win, unless he is totally unskilled (rare) or he spikes out or whatver. For example, Rogue vs rogue. The Nekro provides a, and I cannot stress this enough, mage's shield. I challenge any rogue in AL to fight a pseudo mage who can crit above 4k on a single attack and has a shield.

Rogue vs rogue fights are, yes, based on crit and gear. As are mage vs mage fights. But take 1v1s among different classes. Rogue with Nekro vs a mage? Absolutely zero chance, provided the user uses Nekros AA. A mage wwith Nekro vs a warrior without will also almost undoubtedly win by alternating Nekros AA and shield which have almost the same longevity.

But 1v1s aren't a game feature, so imbalance there will be inevitable. Yet in clashes, Nekro is still game changing, in fact more game changing than SNS itself, the rarest arcane pet. In clashes, the team with Nekro will 9/10 beat the team without. How imbalanced is that?

In the heights of samael's reign, it was never able to turn the tide of a battle in this way. Nor was SNS.

The fixes Slow has raised sound perfect if applied in PvP only, I think it is fine in PvE.

Lastly, developers - test content extensively in both PvE and PvP. I'll stop now because typing on tab isn't the easiest thing in the world and I've probably got carpal tunnel already, so peace out!

-Alhunt

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Not to derail this thread in any way, since I'm in total agreement with the OP, but, I feel like if the gap between Nekro and other "shield" type pets (Scorch/Snappy) was shortened, that people would be a lot happier! For example, the Nekro shield blocks 40% of incoming damage(!), I'm no math genius but that's nearly HALF of the damage I'm doing. Whilst Scorch/Snappy shields at best will stop an autoattack if you're lucky >_>. While some may say that Nekro is an Arcane pet worthy of having OP damage reduction and all that other fancy junk that the Devs thought they should put on it (I mean come on, it might as well serve muffins and give messages considering all it already does), you must remember that Scorch is 250 plat which is hardly a small sum for a pet that essentially does nothing useful except for its critical bonus maybe...Snappy is a pink pet BUT it's a Dragkin Token pet, which requires a lot of farming (or gold being spent) and for what? A pretty turtle that has no useful applications? Why is does Nekro essentially have every good aspect of other pets and a buffed version of those aspects at that, while the other shield pets are the laughingstock of Arlor? I propose that the Speed buff and stun/terrify is removed from the AA of Nekro, and that other shield pets get the SAME shield as the current Nekro has.

TL;DR? - #NerfNekroSlightlyBuffScorch/SnappySignificatly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Yes nekro is OP. Also impossible at twink levels! Maybe someday there will be an even more op pet!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Nekro is an arcane pet, but every arcane pet out there has one special skill only. But Nekro has them all. Dmg reduction, speed boost, etc. Like an all-in-one pack. Why does it take so long for you to come up with this thread?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Agree 100%
    /11chars

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    This is probably a big problem at endgame as a lot of users at endgame have nekro but at twinking theirs few and far between
    Not exactly. There are plenty of nekro at 13-17 that has made my focus on obtaining one.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Did necro do a lot in twink games? I'm not sure cause lower kevel then there necro is low level and means has a weaker shield right? So necro is not really an issue at twink level but endgame! Especially at endgame even if ur the noobest unskilled player and has necro u can srill kill some geared people with necro! I just wish sts nerf necro in pvp but not to much and not pve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

It's the price that Samuel once was. People did not complain about Samael at the 25-27M price tag so I do not see the purpose to complain about Nekro in the 25-27M price tag.

Now, from what I've seen in my 60K+ kills of PvP experience, there's usually a Nekro on each side. If there isn't, it's usually a group of players that are considered food anyways due to being vastly under geared and attempting PvP. Have a Nekro on said team would not change the outcome of the match. Let us keep in mind that many SnS users have disappeared in PvP because they are forced to use their Nekros instead of SnS. Your thread would make more incentive to use SnS over Nekro,

In my opinion, PvP should be the final attempt in the game. It's where you compete AFTER you've successfully built your character. Why? The vast differences in gear. Players cannot expect to compete with subpar gear and pets or expect some sort of balance. Higher gear, will naturally, win out. There isn't really much skill involved in MMOs. It comes down to stats, ping, device, reaction time. Reaction time is the only skill related variable and it is something that is not even significant because even if a person A's reaction time is far quicker than person B's reaction time, person A's ping and device processing power will determine who lands their skills, debuffs, etc. first.

When I started the game, I knew this and I did not really bother entering PvP until I was at least somewhat competitive with the other players (meaning maxed gear but no arcane pet).
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slowking View Post

Yes, there was also the intention of it being the first pet to counter Shady N Surge. And Nekro does it perfectly. But its not what a game should be about. Now every player is after Nekro. And yes, its good that there's an ultimate pet everyone wants. But it should not be game-altering.

You will all agree with me when I say, Nekro is basically an advanced mage. It panics, gives an amazing shield, provides stun immunity and does the most damage on passive out of all the arcane pets. And it doesn't end there. It also provides a speed boost, which allows players to easily escape huge mob situations in PvE and to easily move past the tanks and waltz around the opposite team and kill in PvP clashes. The days of using careful maneuvering and strategies are past. This pet literally substitutes skill. Even from a game developer POV, this shouldn't be allowed to happen. The whole point of this game is teamwork, considering that every PvE map can have 4 players and 5 for PvP. But with a Nekro, you just dont need experience and skill anymore. You can try to hide but if the Nekro user knows anything about PvP and moving, he/she will easily get to you.

Furthermore, it will bring back strategies into the game. Clashes wont be just activating Nekro AA and rushing in and not caring about taking hits. Strategies are what PvP and PvE should be about. The shield itself is extremely OP but it is needed to counter SNS. But the panic and the speed boost is plain unnecessary. Their only purpose now is to substitute actual skill and allow mistakes to be made in clashes or huge pulls.Flawless playing is what makes the best of players. With Nekro, people wont notice mistakes and that is a huge downside to the game.

Cheers ^_^
    Doesnt it slow enemies aswell? I feel like whenever that pet is used it slows me. Or maybe I'm wrong and Its just another pet slowing me but it seems like its nekro

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    lets see, lvl 17 there are 1..2..3..4..5.. soon to be 6. lvl 18 there is 1, lvl 19 there is 1. I dont even know about lvl 16 and 23 but I'm sure there are many at those lvls aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodude View Post
    Did necro do a lot in twink games? I'm not sure cause lower kevel then there necro is low level and means has a weaker shield right? So necro is not really an issue at twink level but endgame! Especially at endgame even if ur the noobest unskilled player and has necro u can srill kill some geared people with necro! I just wish sts nerf necro in pvp but not to much and not pve.
    Yes it has a weaker shield at lower lvls but dmg is also weaker at lower lvls. Some people dont even know you can pop the shield if you do enough dmg because at twink lvls its pretty much impossible to pop the shield on any one person in a 5v5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    It's the price that Samuel once was. People did not complain about Samael at the 25-27M price tag so I do not see the purpose to complain about Nekro in the 25-27M price tag.

Now, from what I've seen in my 60K+ kills of PvP experience, there's usually a Nekro on each side. If there isn't, it's usually a group of players that are considered food anyways due to being vastly under geared and attempting PvP. Have a Nekro on said team would not change the outcome of the match. Let us keep in mind that many SnS users have disappeared in PvP because they are forced to use their Nekros instead of SnS. Your thread would make more incentive to use SnS over Nekro,

In my opinion, PvP should be the final attempt in the game. It's where you compete AFTER you've successfully built your character. Why? The vast differences in gear. Players cannot expect to compete with subpar gear and pets or expect some sort of balance. Higher gear, will naturally, win out. There isn't really much skill involved in MMOs. It comes down to stats, ping, device, reaction time. Reaction time is the only skill related variable and it is something that is not even significant because even if a person A's reaction time is far quicker than person B's reaction time, person A's ping and device processing power will determine who lands their skills, debuffs, etc. first.

When I started the game, I knew this and I did not really bother entering PvP until I was at least somewhat competitive with the other players (meaning maxed gear but no arcane pet).
    Damn I hate it when you're right lol.

Also responding to this thread, not this post. Don't get Nekro involve with PVE lol PVE almost has nothing to do with Nekro being OP or not. Matter of fact a pet being over power in PVE is always a good thing. Everyone definitely want to kill everything faster in elite map and of course farm faster when the time come. Rather it's for TIMED RUN or FARM RUN, true skill and talent come from the players and each of his own, not the pet itself. Not to brag or anything but with or without nekro some of my team/guild can still have a fast elite run, just a bit more challenge and slower time but it will still hold record. The key is, why play hard when you can play smart by using a nekro as it is intended to make things easier and faster.

Don't get one and don't play against one, if you think NEKRO is OVER POWER or just get one and join the majority. xD
    Last edited by twoxc; 06-06-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

18. The Following User Says Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    Doesnt it slow enemies aswell? I feel like whenever that pet is used it slows me. Or maybe I'm wrong and Its just another pet slowing me but it seems like its nekro

lets see, lvl 17 there are 1..2..3..4..5.. soon to be 6. lvl 18 there is 1, lvl 19 there is 1. I dont even know about lvl 16 and 23 but I'm sure there are many at those lvls aswell.

Yes it has a weaker shield at lower lvls but dmg is also weaker at lower lvls. Some people dont even know you can pop the shield if you do enough dmg because at twink lvls its pretty much impossible to pop the shield on any one person in a 5v5.
    15- svvords int trix
    16- mrcrucify mrscrucify meyouz dldirection sickmyducks (renamed) pml (maybe 17) devilmors rues (smthn like that)
    17- icamhe archjay

Probaby I forgot some but still already 13

And I believe nekro aa is the same everywhere, scorch his shield however does lvl xD
    Last edited by Appeltjes; 06-06-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Just my opinion, the way nekro is now almost makes the elon bulwark nerf look like a joke. With the terms of "pet" and "weapon" aside, bulwark was seen as a game changer to most in the al PvP community...so it was nerfed. Can I ask what makes nekro so different which can allow it to be kept as a game changer?
    Well..your complaints got bulwark nerfed..maybe the same can get nekro nerfed?
    Thanks.
    *No hate to the nekro's out there...just comparing to the elon bulwark issue.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 06-06-2015 at 02:18 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Breakingbadxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

In my opinion, PvP should be the final attempt in the game. It's where you compete AFTER you've successfully built your character. Why? The vast differences in gear. Players cannot expect to compete with subpar gear and pets or expect some sort of balance. Higher gear, will naturally, win out.
    Well I agree with your point on gear, I have too say I disagree with pets. During season 2 we were free to experiment since each pet had it's own strategic use. Pets played the role of support and not any single one was vital to excel. Obviously there is always going to be the top tier pets for pvp, but with pets like SnS and Nekro it goes beyond that and creates a gap that shouldn't exist.
    Last edited by Vediovis; 06-06-2015 at 02:59 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vediovis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes ... Nekro is already too good at pvp/pve. If he will be "upgraded". U can at lvl 41 (ex Mage). Full epic set item and nekro lvl 35+ and u can be best at pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

So practically u are saying that with my 40 million in gear and pets (current market value) I should not try PvP at all?!? Rolf... So u say 99.9% of the game population should not ever play PvP.

The part where there is a Nekro on each team most of the times is definitely not true. Maybe it is if u are in a PvP guild and can "call" someone who has one.

Currently I can one combo a ring/ imbued rogue (no nekro), whereas I would lose with a certainly of 90% to a expedition bow rogue who has nekro. Not sure how anyone could think that is OK

Anyhow the Nekro buff definitely went overboard by a lot. Don't even get me started on God mode in PvE.

Giving such an advantage to a part of the game population is the reason why games like Diablo 3 lost 9 million (90%) of their active players.
    Last edited by Jazzi; 06-06-2015 at 03:33 PM.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I agree that someone at STS went nuts with the nekro buff, but its too late to nerf it. Instead we need a pet that is somewhat similar to it in terms of shield. With the expansion coming, we need a pet that give us stun immunity and damage reduction in a similar way that nekro does.

@Zeus
    The price comparison between what Sam used to be and what nekro is currently is hardly fair. The prices then were far greater than they should have been due to the rampant plat farming going on, which brought a lot of extra gold into circulation.

PvP should also not be limited to maxed out players. At the moment, pve farming is almost a chore, and PvP is a major part of the game. Saying that only players who are maxed out should go there is unfair to 99% of the population simply because they cannot compete. Most players will never be able to afford maxed out gear, so are you saying that they should not PvP at all? Seems rather unfair to me. Sure, I am not denying that having better gear should give you an advantage in PvP, but it should also not be impossible to compete with legendary gear. When was the last time you, are any other player with ring, imbued set, mythic bow, olanar pendant and nekro lost 1 on 1 or even 2 on 1 to an expedition or magma blade player? Most maxed out players probably won't even be able to remember it, that's how rare it is. I just think that everyone should stand some chance at winning regardless of gear.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Overweightank

Most people PvP because farming is extremely mind rattlingly boring, and dead... I myself stopped doing PvE and went to PvP. I usually don't complain. if there's more than one Nekro and I'm with a noob team, i just leave. It's not so much the problem of who the person is. It's how overpowered the pet is. I say no to nerf, but yes to buff other pets to compete even close to nekro. At the moment i'd rather fight a full team of SnS than a full team of Nekro. I dont know if i sound crazy but i find SNS more easy to survive...