Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nekro - Overpowered?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    It is too late to nerf/ buff any pet. Doing so would be more detrimental and unfair to the player base than it would help. What we need is a new pet that somewhat matches nekro's ability.
    Ikr.. I see no point of making these kinds of threads. There aint going to be any change to the pet anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Farminer's View Post
    Wanna donate me some gear and I will use my dovabear on my warrior.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Pretty broke myself here, holding onto my pots and ankhs until expansion. Hopefully it wont be p2p content again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

samael was the same game changer in pvp when it was released. shoot me, but compare it to the pets two years ago!

please take note, nekro got nerfed because of sns at his release (yes it had 20% damage when initially released) and now was specifically tuned to give all players something against sns (remember the nerf sns threads?)

nekro is *obtainable* for free, unlike samael in his times. that does not mean everyone is guaranteed a nekro, but there s a steady influx in the market and a real chance now.

so if nekro is nerfed, will we go back to nerf sns threads? (i am a pve player, i have no agenda here, just asking).

i would have thought something obtainable against sns which *is* widely spread now thanks to the double odds week would be a great thing for the pvp community.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    samael was the same game changer in pvp when it was released. shoot me, but compare it to the pets two years ago!

please take note, nekro got nerfed because of sns at his release (yes it had 20% damage when initially released) and now was specifically tuned to give all players something against sns (remember the nerf sns threads?)

nekro is *obtainable* for free, unlike samael in his times. that does not mean everyone is guaranteed a nekro, but there s a steady influx in the market and a real chance now.

so if nekro is nerfed, will we go back to nerf sns threads? (i am a pve player, i have no agenda here, just asking).

i would have thought something obtainable against sns which *is* widely spread now thanks to the double odds week would be a great thing for the pvp community.
    All the pets need special tweaking for pvp, both sns and nekro. Having a pet that negates the arcane ability of another like nekro does for samael or any other stun/panic pet is counterproductive. Why does sts make a pet that negates the ability of another pet still available in crates? Yes i know there are other pets that can do this like ironbite but they don't come nearly as close. All the pets should have neat abilities especially the arcane ones but shouldn't be op or ruin the game experience.

We should not have this cookie cutter pets good for everything, there are over 100 in stable but only 2 of them highly competitive one of which is unobtainable, this is simply wrong.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gumball3000 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

It is too late to nerf/ buff any pet. Doing so would be more detrimental and unfair to the player base than it would help. What we need is a new pet that somewhat matches nekro's ability.
    Lmao a "new pet that somewhat matches nekro's ability.". Yah lets have a new pet that is just as OP as Nekro. That will definitely make the game more balanced. Skill will definitely become more important than pets that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post

Nekro can still be a counter to SNS without being as absurdly broken as it is now. Why does it need a panic and a speed buff? Why? The dmg reduction and stun immunity alone counters sns

The real problem is that everybody who does the balancing for sts needs fired because they are straight up clueless. Do they even play their own game? Breeze, elon bulwark nerf/buff cycle, breeze, Sns, and now nekro. Seriously sts needs to get a clue and learn to balance. I have never played any other game that is so incapable of proper balancing.
    Go ahead mods, delete my post.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJPG...ature=youtu.be

See how nekro overrides skills in Pvp..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    Lmao a "new pet that somewhat matches nekro's ability.". Yah lets have a new pet that is just as OP as Nekro. That will definitely make the game more balanced. Skill will definitely become more important than pets that way.
    Yes, it will. Why? Because if everyone is back on even grounds, then the deciding factor, along with ping, device and whatnot, will be skill.
    Last edited by Kingofninjas; 06-07-2015 at 07:11 PM. Reason: to please grammar Nazis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Even if they get rid of ALL pets in PVP, wouldn't the argument just go back to not being fair because of what gems people have in their equipment? Seems there is always going to be some gripe somewhere when it comes to PVP due to human nature...

Anyyyyyyways, please just make sure you nerf/buff/whatever the PVP side of the pet and leave PVE alone, pleeeeeeeeease. 8^)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPrime View Post
    Even if they get rid of ALL pets in PVP, wouldn't the argument just go back to not being fair because of what gems people have in their equipment? Seems there is always going to be some gripe somewhere when it comes to PVP due to human nature...

Anyyyyyyways, please just make sure you nerf/buff/whatever the PVP side of the pet and leave PVE alone, pleeeeeeeeease. 8^)
    Not really.. As kingofninjas said in either this or a different post, sts for expansion should make 1 set available with easy to medium amount of farming, and another which is just SLIGHTLY(not that 500+ damage!!!! But only by like 300 hp, 30 damage etc) better, SLIGHTLYYY! By some hardcore farming. Have the set available for plat but untradeable. This way people will actually play the game to farm for the set and be able to compete. Same with pet. Oh wait nvm sts wont do this cause they dont know what theyre even doing i bet.. Waste of time typing this xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

i remember someone saying with nekro they were able to kill almost everyone only using level 31 gear except one ringer.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Yes, it will. Why? Because if everyone is back on even grounds, then the deciding factor, along with ping, device and whatnot, will be skill.
    Why? Do you think making a pet to match necro will be easily obtainable? I don't think so

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

That is not how to properly balance at all lmao. Just make everything insanely OP so its fair. Haha thanks for the laugh

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

guess the poster does not have a nekro~~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodude View Post
    Why? Do you think making a pet to match necro will be easily obtainable? I don't think so
    If it isnt the ridiculous luck system we have for nekro now, but rather true grinding i can imagine loads of people having it....

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    That is not how to properly balance at all lmao. Just make everything insanely OP so its fair. Haha thanks for the laugh
    Would you rather 5% having insanely OP and the remaining 95% being food? I personally would rather everyone be OP, which would in turn re-define OP to something else, which nobody would be.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Would you rather 5% having insanely OP and the remaining 95% being food? I personally would rather everyone be OP, which would in turn re-define OP to something else, which nobody would be.
    If they release a new pet just as Op as nekro then the same 5% will have the new pet and continue to be OP while everyone else is food. The rich will just have variation in how to dominate everyone else. Is that what you want? If so then I feel sorry for you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post

I believe the people in that video will still happily show you what they can do without a nekro.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Appeltjes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post

Both team have Nekro, and almost all have max gears as you can see the kills are not one sided means is a healthy clash. "92-60"

Off-topic.

@peaced dude at the video. Why shipmaster bow at clash?
    Last edited by epicrrr; 06-08-2015 at 03:24 AM.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

You do realize even if everyone was OP the rich would still be better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Well u are about the nerf part. It would be unfair indeed. Nekro is not the even the newest arcane pet though. The newest one should be buffed or a new one should be released , but then again would it not be unfair to all maridos owners if the next arcane pet is that much better then theirs.

I really hope that that sts tests and thinks things through more in the future. However after one year playing this game I have my reasons to doubt that.. Sigh