Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Client Update (57072)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Class changes, balances, new gear, specs, and content enhancements are minor changes compared to the human-computer-interface (HCI) mechanics introduced with GCD -- PL hasn't experienced a larger per capita player exodus in the past -- no other position is even defensible, numbers are numbers. I truly wish those were not the facts, but they are.

And I think there are a lot of players like me, I know 4 others in just my small group, who are all veterans/56, that have lost their love for the game with GCD. We don't play currently, but we're not giving up hope either. Monday, next week, or next month might restore the roar to PL. If not, I'm sure our interest in PL will continue to fade as it becomes a smaller and smaller part of our lives. One day, the last of us will even bother to check the forums. It's just the evolution of things.

Regardless, I have nothing but love for STS - the visionaries, the leadership, the game designers, artists, developers, and testers. STS invented a genre and showed other software companies what opportunities exist in the mobile market for MMO's.

In case I don't feel up to it in the future, STS -- this is why PL attracted me and kept me until the latest patch:

1. I'm a gamer at heart and have a long history of playing MMO's
    2. My real life priorities don't allow for the massive time commitment required to be top-level in a game such as WoW.
    3. I can play without wasting time doing things like travelling between destinations, repairing gear, or selling items.
    4. Groups organically form and decay making it simple to access end game content without a large organized group (and the politics and infighting that comes with them).
    5. Technology such as special/latest hardware or connection speeds don't provide significant advantages.
    6. Simplicity of class make-up, skills, and tactics allow a player to be a student of the game without having to use higher mathematics.
    7. Team-based PVP and PVE both with an emphasis on cooperative play for ultimate success.
    8. The speed of which one could consume content and level players. PL has a grind, but the pace is such that other than 55-56 is nearly unnoticed -- yet it still needed to be earned.
    9. The vibrant community who was a good group of people, unlike so many other games which are populated with undesirables.
    10. The pace of the game play was finely balanced between an FPS and traditional MMO

That's pretty much it, flame away. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiliana View Post
    It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Calm, rational and well spoken Jira!

@pandamoni- penguins are doomed to a life of monogamy and monotany with the bird of their dreams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Jira View Post
    Class changes, balances, new gear, specs, and content enhancements are minor changes compared to the human-computer-interface (HCI) mechanics introduced with GCD -- PL hasn't experienced a larger per capita player exodus in the past -- no other position is even defensible, numbers are numbers. I truly wish those were not the facts, but they are.

And I think there are a lot of players like me, I know 4 others in just my small group, who are all veterans/56, that have lost their love for the game with GCD. We don't play currently, but we're not giving up hope either. Monday, next week, or next month might restore the roar to PL. If not, I'm sure our interest in PL will continue to fade as it becomes a smaller and smaller part of our lives. One day, the last of us will even bother to check the forums. It's just the evolution of things.
    wow that's exactly what i wanted to say earlier , but english vocabulary missed me . Thank you !
    keep hope

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karmakali View Post
    The developers of PL have done the exact opposite. They have listened to rationale calmly spoken concerns and have adapted the update accordingly. Letting loose with a childish rant is not constructive. If you want your voice to be heard then take a deep breath and clearly state the issues you are having (ie: which skills aren't working and when)
    Also...FYI...very few people in this world are motivated to action by threats.
    Ok, ok. Im just really mad because peeps keep on complaining about the problem and the devs did nothing about it. I put in a nice comment about this before, and nothing has been changed. This is getting very annoying when I am in battle and is very bad when I can't use heal or mana shield.

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pokechmp View Post
    Ok, ok. Im just really mad because peeps keep on complaining about the problem and the devs did nothing about it. I put in a nice comment about this before, and nothing has been changed. This is getting very annoying when I am in battle and is very bad when I can't use heal or mana shield.
    Patience is a virtue...

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pomechmp- I truly hope you stick with it and acclimate to GCD. This game needs passionate players...just harness your aggrivation into determination to learn to work with the changes that appear to be permanent.
    Good luck to you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Anyone else notice the snuck in store purchase of elixers can't be purchased by gold anymore. I feel squeezed, hehe. So does my wallet. 8(
    Last edited by Dartagnian; 04-18-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Autocorrect changed a word and I missed it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karmakali View Post
    Pomechmp- I truly hope you stick with it and acclimate to GCD. This game needs passionate players...just harness your aggrivation into determination to learn to work with the changes that appear to be permanent.
    Good luck to you!
    I know, gcd is fine. I'm ok with it. It's just some skills don't appear to be working. I think they can change that AND have gcd at the same time.

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dartagnian View Post
    Anyone else notice the snuck in store purchase of elixers can't be purchased by gold anymore. I feel squeezed, hehe. So does my wallet. 8(
    ya this bums me out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pokechmp View Post
    I know, gcd is fine. I'm ok with it. It's just some skills don't appear to be working. I think they can change that AND have gcd at the same time.
    It may be possible (and they are looking into it) that the icon for a skill does not dim but the skill does work. One of the devs was on this morning and said they had been unable to duplicate so far.

Sometimes I hit a button thinking I had fired a skill, but I really hadn't because the cooldown hadn't quite recharged even though in a hurry I swore it was. Happens to me on Focus and Evade on my bird, and Mana Shield and the two blessings on my mage. I just try to be more careful.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

PL is the best MMO going. I don't really care what other MMOs have done. There is a reason that this one grew as quickly as it did and others did not. Emulating what a lesser game has done to stay mediocre is not, in my opinion, a step forward. I saw Ebay do similar changes, They had a good thing going, started changing things in the wrong direction, and then wondered why revenue and interest waned. GCD is better than it was, but I don't see the need for anymore of a delay than is necessary to stop multi-touching.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GCD is acceptable now. All the new stuff is a bit overwhelming.

Now, if you guys would just fix the popping sound on iOS 4.3.1+...
    Last edited by Tsarra; 04-19-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: pouty pouty pout
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.