Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Client Update (57072)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Skills not being able to be used at all, thats the only downside to this update.

GCD seems perfect now, close to no GCD but enough for no multitouchers.

I just hope it doesn't go too low again, from what I've seen Pvp matches have already sped up a lot more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Skills not being able to be used at all, thats the only downside to this update.

I just hope it doesn't go too low again, from what I've seen Pvp matches have already sped up a lot more
    What do you mean by skills not been able to be used at all? Bug?
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticuproject View Post
    I still have a problem with tapping a skill and it sometimes not casting
    I was having this problem last night, too. I know it's not my device because I tried it on my iPhone and my iPod. I look forward to trying it out tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

soooooo much better. Thanks PL devs! you rock
    Lvl 56 Enchantress ~Stephnee~ Lvl 55 Warrior Stephneee Lvl 21 Engineer Astrastephnee lvl 20 Operative Novastephnee lvl 20 Commando Lunastephnee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Much better. Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

gcd def feels much smoother/faster and it's now easier to get my timing right. before, i felt like i was staring at my skills waiting for them to cool down more than i was looking at the actual board. thanks for listening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I must say it is really, really rewarding to see such active and involved devs. Kudos. I tried a PP run while on a coffee break (i.e. not much time, want to accomplish something, needing fast paced action fix) with my lvl 52 mage, solo. I died on Anubis (forgive my spelling)

I still do not like GCD.

BUT, it is better. Much. I am even be willing to readjust my expectations of what I am looking for and how to play. With a few more tweaks, and some time to try and play with a group, I will know more.

Here are my general suggestions:
    1. Fix XP -- there have been several very good suggestions on granting more given the length of time, etc. I have one to add for typically solo players. Let us earn XP (albeit very reduced) in areas that we can solo (and which are now more challenging). For me that would be in AO2.

2. Fix buff, debuff, elixir timers to compensate for the reduced time it takes to get through a map. Again, there have been some really good suggestions.

3. Drop rates, weapon damage, etc. All very good suggestions and relevant to the length of time it takes to get through a map.

Overall, I sadly thought I was done. I can't express how happy I am that we are moving in the right direction and that the Devs are trying so hard.

But, for the record... I still don't like GCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post

I agree with Ellyidol. Just tried the update. GCD is perfect as is. Don't tinker with it anymore or speed up the GCD. We need that medium to where it still flows smoothly but still enhances PvP fights. Love you Devs! You guys are great! Just great but not rocking great. You guys would be rocking great of you figure out whether to give Crown a set bonus or make it a vanity. If you could do that, you guys would wholly rock!
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blayzn View Post
    I must say it is really, really rewarding to see such active and involved devs. Kudos. I tried a PP run while on a coffee break (i.e. not much time, want to accomplish something, needing fast paced action fix) with my lvl 52 mage, solo. I died on Anubis (forgive my spelling)

I still do not like GCD.

BUT, it is better. Much. I am even be willing to readjust my expectations of what I am looking for and how to play. With a few more tweaks, and some time to try and play with a group, I will know more.

Here are my general suggestions:
    1. Fix XP -- there have been several very good suggestions on granting more given the length of time, etc. I have one to add for typically solo players. Let us earn XP (albeit very reduced) in areas that we can solo (and which are now more challenging). For me that would be in AO2.

2. Fix buff, debuff, elixir timers to compensate for the reduced time it takes to get through a map. Again, there have been some really good suggestions.

3. Drop rates, weapon damage, etc. All very good suggestions and relevant to the length of time it takes to get through a map.

Overall, I sadly thought I was done. I can't express how happy I am that we are moving in the right direction and that the Devs are trying so hard.

But, for the record... I still don't like GCD.

they cant get rid of GCD b/c some platforms allow you to hit all of your buttons at the same time and have all your skills released at the same time. GCD was implemented so you can only use 1 skill at a time, which is the way the skills were designed to be used. you gain more xp by playing in full groups (of 5), which makes sense b/c PL wants to encourage ppl to play w other ppl as opposed to riding solo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The last rendition of the GCD is much better and actually closer to a pre-GCD feel (nice to see combos again). My only suggestion at this point from a mage pov (not sure how this translates to other classes), would be to remove the GCD (or reduce it further) from non damage abilities. Buffs/Debuffs as well as Magic Shield and potentially Heal and Res.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

With yestersays adjustment I felt a big improvement with GCD and had an easier time with combos. But still felt it was a bit to slow. Todays news and feedback makes me hopeful. Can't wait to try it out.

Bravemenrun ::.... ..: Level 55 ::.... ..: MAGE OF THE SKULL HELM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Haven't had the chance to truly test it yet but just as a first impression it feels much, much better. I don't think I would have been using my skills much faster even without GCD, so it doesn't get in the way much. Waiting for some friends to log for runs so I can test it properly.

Everyone who's been against it before should give it a fair try before posting more complaints. It's nothing like it was before, so test it before you speak.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Like a friend of mine told me this is a lot like the New Coke Conspiracy in the 80s And he was right or at least it looked that way.

PS: One thing I have always wanted in the game is for mage hands to change color with the face used. I know has nothing to do with GCD this is just a comment.
    Last edited by Echelong; 04-14-2011 at 01:32 PM.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I just did a run. It is faster to cast skills. I dont know if its perfect but it is close.

It still takes 20minutes to (res,heal,buff,buff, heal) and try to dps. I feel like I should drop everything but heal and dps skills.((res yourself)) " I will boot you from a pug if I know you have res. It takes away from the dps" JK

Then today I noticed I had to sometimes tap skills 1-5times to get them to fire. The last 2days of testing I didnt notice this to much. I didnt say anything to anyone. Then a mage in the pug saying he has to multi hit skills to make them work today. (I only did one round and playing in the city)

I still like the idea of a gcd. Im not sure now after a couple of days of tweeks how I feel about your choice of GCD. I understand that it will add alot to the game.

We go from real slow play(that needed tweeked still). to
    The next day you patch it and add some more things to stare at as cooldowns. Yes, It felt a little better on speed. then
    Today It is faster but you cant get spells to fire when you touch them. I know the cooldowns are done. Skills should work on a touch.
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Simple put gcd is awefull as I said yesterday I'll come back just to talk to friends in game that's it.

Victor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think this last update is a good compromise for the GCD implementation. Thanks Devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Fast response from the devs, and to the right direction since the initial swing for the worse. Thank you for that. The gcd is shorter than yesterday. But that's about it. Not enough, sorry, not for me.

After a few runs it did feel like something that I can see as something some people can and will accept. But for me this is still a huge skill block and the feeling is like I'm constantly waiting for something, which indeed I am. The pace and feel is slower, more predetermined. There's less room to manoeuvre. I only just have to hit the spell once the gcd is over and that's it. Forcing me to select spells? Please, I used to do all that without the gcd. Forward planning and quick execution but well timed execution (which is not necessary all the time as fast as possible)

The thing was that while one was able to spam everything mindlessly, but when playing aggressively constantly on the edge of life and death, it was necessary to plan ahead and execute them in good sequences and leave some unpressed to take effect a tad later and so forth. There was a lot more that one could do than just thump rythmically forward as if it's now a turn based game. It is now a hell of a lot simpler than it was. Calling it something else doesn't make it so.

Multipressing and pvp are totally different beasts, I'm only talking about aggressive and fast pve gaming. That is no longer, or currently anyway, on the table like it was.

I'm sure the rhythmic game play will suit some people and many new players. As it still is it feels too restraining to my liking. But since it is moving to the right direction I am keeping my fingers crossed.

My suggestion would be to allow queue them up (those that are available from individual cool down). It would change it to something like lag.
    Last edited by Hullukko; 04-14-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: typos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not meant to be a rage post but all those cool downs really haven't added anything strategic to the game at all. It feels more like a I nuke him he nukes me fiesta now. Well I talk for pvp mainly so I am part of the smaller popularization but pvp isn't any fun anymore it's boring and non strategic . I still thank u devs for creating the game in the first place I am out for now I guess

To change: all skills in general and stats like dodge regen and crit have to be changed to make it fun and strategic. As well as health increasements. Best would be of course to return to the old fight system and create a unnoticeable cool down of 0.01 sec so that muktitap won't succed anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default Yea!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrilana View Post
    Can you fix the issues with the new AO quests? Check the bugs forum for more information.
    I second this motion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I love the new GCD. Please don't change anything!!!

Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends