Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Client Update (57072)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what does ALS stand for?..im not good with acronims

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what is SFX??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Only ipad users are nerfed now so awesome ty
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i still dont like the concept of gcd but i need to be honest , this acceptable.
    devs compliments.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonygmoney View Post
    what does ALS stand for?..im not good with acronims
    Those are initials of the developer that started this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tonygmoney View Post
    what is SFX??
    SFX = Sound effects
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

You guys rock!

After surviving the "This sucks, I'm quiting the game" era of "AO3 is too hard" or "the rebalance update ruined the game" phase, I was more than confident you guys would get this current "I'm quiting the game" crisis behind us smoothly. I love the game - it's very addicting!

Thanks!

P.S. You mention new Sewer set bonuses in the first announcement but I have tried all my sewer gear an don't see any - is that still coming?
    Star Legends: Addicted, AddictedTank, AddictedEngi | Pocket Legends: AddictedElf, AddictedBird, AddictedBear | Arcane Legends: AddictedMage, AddictedRogue, AddictedTank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Honestly I might end up agreeing with you guys after I try it out. Like I said before, I prefer the lag to any GCD unless the affect is barely noticeable. And I also don't think pve should be messed with to balance pvp. Most players play pve. Pvp should be balanced separately. But again reserving judgement until I try it tonight.

Bravemenrun ::.... ..: Level 55 ::.... ..: MAGE OF THE SKULL HELM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    You guys rock!

After surviving the "This sucks, I'm quiting the game" era of "AO3 is too hard" or "the rebalance update ruined the game" phase, I was more than confident you guys would get this current "I'm quiting the game" crisis behind us smoothly. I love the game - it's very addicting!

Thanks!

P.S. You mention new Sewer set bonuses in the first announcement but I have tried all my sewer gear an don't see any - is that still coming?

Crafted sets received a better set bonus. Some of them the Enchanted wand and bracer still have the old set bonus.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    I agree with Ellyidol. Just tried the update. GCD is perfect as is. Don't tinker with it anymore or speed up the GCD. We need that medium to where it still flows smoothly but still enhances PvP fights. Love you Devs! You guys are great! Just great but not rocking great. You guys would be rocking great of you figure out whether to give Crown a set bonus or make it a vanity. If you could do that, you guys would wholly rock!
    +1 on devs listening to us and dealing with this matter with punctuality (not that found I too much to dislike over the original GCD update)
    +1 please leave GCD as is for now
    +1 give a Crown set bonus, please!

(Sorry, Morawk for hijacking your post)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    You guys rock!

Thanks!

Quoting the 1.7.1 list of features:

* Added new Balefort Sewers equipment set bonuses!

... and it did!...to Enchanted, Customized and Fortified sets. As pointed out by someone else in another thread, STS never promised that it would apply to the "Sewer" Queen/King/Royal gear most of us had anticipated and hoped for. We'll just have to remain hopeful.

Further that, I can't find the thread to quote from, but it was also stated that Crown sets would/considered to be included down the road. I'm very hopeful for that in a future update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seemed choppy to me today after patch, but from the look of the comments here that could just be my device.

One request -- looks like the new patch made the skill you press flash or pop [I]after[I] you tap it. This is not only distracting but my guess is that it uses resources on both phone and server that are unnecessary. Polled several players in my runs today and all agreed it was a problem. Thanks.
    PL -- Azifaiarah - Lvl 66 Mage; Ilikealot - Lvl 70 Bird; Wachuneed - Lvl 61 Bear
    AL -- BrokenCry - Lvl 25 Warrior; Zeezom - Lvl 20 Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

GCD, Day One: I felt like I'd lost my best friend after dying repeatedly trying to solo in PP, spamming health pots like crazy.

GCD, Day Two: The tweakage actually made my attempts to play my beloved PL a lot more doable, and resulted in me surviving a Goldfever run (and taking a lot of baddies down) in a PUG with a lvl 2 something and a lvl 4 something else (they just appeared and I didn't have the heart to boot.) Sadly, our little group just couldn't make the final kill, so I wished them good luck and we ditched that game. I felt hopeful that even if the Devs changed nothing else, I'd eventually be able to adjust to a different playing style.

GCD, Day Three: Checked the forums real quick at lunch and read this thread. I can't WAIT to get home and try PL out again!

Thank you, Devs, for all the amazing stuff you do. And thanks to this community too.

Klaubocera, lvl 52 ursan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well, I just tried a good number of runs and must say that the shorter cool down period is a good compromise. I was never, and still am not a big fan of the GCD, but understand the need and really appreciate the devs efforts to try and change based on feedback. Honestly, this new patch returns the PvE game back to where it was with only some small differences in game speed. We were once again making complete Hideout runs in under 4 minutes. Catacombs, Swill Pitz, and Roach all easily completed in under 5 minutes. Stronghold is back to the normal 5 to 6 minute mark assuming you have a couple birds in the party.

Thanks for listening Devs.

Plasticuproject

Last edited by Plasticuproject; 02-08-2021 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yay Much better
    Fabunni 55 Enchantress ~ HeartYou 51 Bird ~ YummyCookie 32 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went through a few runs with the latest patch, and it seems to be working more like "normal". I still find the GCD animation headache-inducing, but at least I didn't have to spend all of my time looking at it waiting for my skills to become available again. I would classify the current GCD level as "liveable", though I would still prefer to get rid of it altogether. It's kind of telling that the best thing I can say about the GCD is that I don't notice it very much.

I read through as much of the feedback as I could and all of the dev posts, and I'm still not sure I see a need for the GCD at all. It seems to be causing bigger problems than it is solving. I hope that a solution can be reached quickly before too many people give up on the game and STS starts losing money on PL. I think it is admirable for the devs to work towards their vision of the game, but at the same time you can't alienate your user base with unwanted changes. Being the ultimate casual RPG may not have been your goal, but frankly, that's what it is. If you try to change that you may satisfy yourselves and a small portion of your users, but you will lose the vast majority of your market. I have never had any interest in the "big" MMORPGs, but was hooked on PL due to its casual, fun nature and quick gameplay. If it loses its unique charm, I will sadly have to move on to other games. Devs, please don't lose sight of what makes this game special.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice, thanx for listening to the people again id keep it just where u got it nice compromise with the gcd. Also got to see Asommers in balefort today. Cool to see him again talkin wit the community even with all the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Okay...new day...new fix.
    I went to bed last night/this morning wondering if I could ever be enthusiastic about this game again.
    I woke up today...logged on forums...saw this post and got excited.
    The ultimate test for me... I joined a PUG with 2 lvl51-53 mages, a 53 bear, a 23 mage (wtf?) and myself (56 mage).
    We still managed to finish a Hideout run in about 4 mins using no pots and with only deaths being at GF due to lvl23 running around starting an epidemic.
    GCD is much improved IMO.
    Thank you devs! You have made it better
    If GCD is here to stay then I think this is a level I can live with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherAzi View Post
    One request -- looks like the new patch made the skill you press flash or pop [I]after[I] you tap it. This is not only distracting but my guess is that it uses resources on both phone and server that are unnecessary. Polled several players in my runs today and all agreed it was a problem. Thanks.
    Yes, would you please include an option to turn off the GCD "visual skill effect". You have created such a nice interface and gameplay screen, it's a shame to ruin it with flashing skills.

Thanks,

Kraz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

thank you so much cant wait till saturday

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space