Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Client Update (57072)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wamphryi View Post
    Everyone has an opinion on the release. Well here is mine.
    -GCD is horrible (yes even in its current configuration). The game isnt "harder" persay...its slower. If GCD had been in since the beginning I would not have continued playing, I would not have ever spent a penny, and I certainly would not have PL installed on multiple devices for my wife and myself. The game no longer feels like a casual mobile game that I can take 5 minutes or 50 minutes to hop on and do a quick run on.
    People say give it a shot...I have...but a pile of garbage is still a pile of garbage no matter how big or small the pile is. If the devs want to limit their target audience (and thats what I feel this update has done), then hey...GCD is perfect for what they want to accomplish (a year latter....poor development and planning. In my industry we would have called that bait and switch but...this is a "game"). But for what the game has been, its a major step in the wrong direction that will certainly cost STS customers. No, I will not "grow accustomed" to GCD...for what I want out of a mobile game and what PL was advertising itself over the past year....PL is no longer that application.
    I think a side effect from GCD is there will be more people will less money, top equipment will be even more out of peoples price range. Why...because we are going to make less gold and spend more on pots.
    -Platinum rev option. This needs to be optional. Why dont you just make a "platinum" version of the game that lets people do this for free but charge extra $$ to buy in the marketplaces. Maybe some people have cash to blow buying platinum and using this...but many dont. Alot of people have to watch how they use their platinum and the implementation of this option will cause people to not be able to afford other options. If you want extra revenue...why not take the time to implement things like more faces, or the ability to "color customize" equipment. I bet you would make alot more money on something like that.
    -Fart pack..cool on a lowbrow humor level but really? You filter everything out that could be offensive to people saying that children play this game...but you put in this? Its good for a laugh, but in the overall grand scheme of the way you have been conducting business the past year. Did the company direction change? Personally I had fun with it, but again in the overall direction/history of STS.....
    -The "double logout" is redundant.

-Faces are cool
    -Character creation and tutorial great
    -Emote pack 3 good
    -Quest option great
    -Joining game thru friend fix...bingo.

There really was more good than bad items done in this release. But the bad far outweighs the good......more than exponentially.

So yeah this is just my opinion. Some of you may agree, some wont....but its my opinion.

The devs do good work...but I cant say that with some major points on 1.7.1.
    I wont be "ok" with a game I have come to truly enjoy, or "learn to live with it".
    This was well said i finaly found a way to play and still enjoy the game.
    Still hate the gcd and its far from perfect, its acceptable now.
    Last edited by cynic; 04-16-2011 at 08:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

u can all punsh me but....
    i just played with double, cowboyjim and some other in stronghold.. i coudnt feel that we was any slower than pre-GCD... i hadnt any problem..
    could it be that skills/combos now stronger...?

double, plz post something
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think one of the elite farming teams should post a video on how to play now. Maybe one vid per class on a high level area. That way we can let people know how fast this game can be at the moment.

I am not the best player in PL by a very long shot but when I am with a couple of friends we can clear BS areas almost as fast as before.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Several small issues... BOV AND BOM seems to stick intermittently. I know this has been mentioned before but I just thought I would reinforce that it is a problem.
    Also on Roach as you come around the corner from Stench there is a weird sort of rippling effect to the graphics that lasts until you get into the main end room. It's not really a problem...just sort of distracting.
    Overall I am pleased with the latest GCD adjustment. It is very playable with very little adjustment of my personal play style needed.
    Thank you Devs for listening and adjusting!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Everyone has an opinion on the release. Well here is mine.
    -GCD is horrible (yes even in its current configuration). The game isnt "harder" persay...its slower. If GCD had been in since the beginning I would not have continued playing, I would not have ever spent a penny, and I certainly would not have PL installed on multiple devices for my wife and myself. The game no longer feels like a casual mobile game that I can take 5 minutes or 50 minutes to hop on and do a quick run on.
    People say give it a shot...I have...but a pile of garbage is still a pile of garbage no matter how big or small the pile is. If the devs want to limit their target audience (and thats what I feel this update has done), then hey...GCD is perfect for what they want to accomplish (a year latter....poor development and planning. In my industry we would have called that bait and switch but...this is a "game"). But for what the game has been, its a major step in the wrong direction that will certainly cost STS customers. No, I will not "grow accustomed" to GCD...for what I want out of a mobile game and what PL was advertising itself over the past year....PL is no longer that application.
    I think a side effect from GCD is there will be more people will less money, top equipment will be even more out of peoples price range. Why...because we are going to make less gold and spend more on pots.
    -Platinum rev option. This needs to be optional. Why dont you just make a "platinum" version of the game that lets people do this for free but charge extra $$ to buy in the marketplaces. Maybe some people have cash to blow buying platinum and using this...but many dont. Alot of people have to watch how they use their platinum and the implementation of this option will cause people to not be able to afford other options. If you want extra revenue...why not take the time to implement things like more faces, or the ability to "color customize" equipment. I bet you would make alot more money on something like that.
    -Fart pack..cool on a lowbrow humor level but really? You filter everything out that could be offensive to people saying that children play this game...but you put in this? Its good for a laugh, but in the overall grand scheme of the way you have been conducting business the past year. Did the company direction change? Personally I had fun with it, but again in the overall direction/history of STS.....
    -The "double logout" is redundant.

-Faces are cool
    -Character creation and tutorial great
    -Emote pack 3 good
    -Quest option great
    -Joining game thru friend fix...bingo.

There really was more good than bad items done in this release. But the bad far outweighs the good......more than exponentially.

So yeah this is just my opinion. Some of you may agree, some wont....but its my opinion.

The devs do good work...but I cant say that with some major points on 1.7.1.
    I wont be "ok" with a game I have come to truly enjoy, or "learn to live with it".
    +1 I could not have said it any better myself. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have noticed something (skipped my mind in my last post). It seems to me(atleast from what I have read into all the tons of posts) like alot of people hating GCD are ones who solo more, and the ones who say that there isnt much difference/its fast/etc team alot.
    Again if STS wants PL to be a game where people are supposed to team up to do everything...hey GCD works like you want it. But again.....you are reducing your target demographic and thus potential revenue.
    I dont team much...not my preference. I would rather attack a zone with just myself or my wife, than join a random group and run. I deal with people for 10 straight hours at work on conference calls, meetings, etc. Being able to "veg out" and not worry about what someone is saying or doing is what I want. And GCD has taken that ability away from me.
    Change is difficult. But not all change is good. GCD is one of the later.
    I have alot more to say....but had better leave it at this before I say something the wrong way.

If you like/are ok with/etc GCD....I'm glad you are, I hope PL gives you as much enjoyment as it did in the past, and good luck.
    For me.....well..........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    I think one of the elite farming teams should post a video on how to play now. Maybe one vid per class on a high level area. That way we can let people know how fast this game can be at the moment.

I am not the best player in PL by a very long shot but when I am with a couple of friends we can clear BS areas almost as fast as before.
    Great idea I have this 'screen recorder' software installed on my iPhone. We could setup a group and record the process a couple of times and pick the best video (and maybe get some good loot in the process ) PM me if you'd like to do that sometime. I must admit I never play on my iPhone (playing on iPad mostly), so I hope I won't mess up I'll look into the possibility to record on my iPad later. There might be a (jailbreak) tool to record video for it too. Another thing we could do is record time to clear a level in different party setups ie. Mage/4 archers, 5 mages, bear/2mage/2archers... This might give us an insight of which setup will clear everything the fastest way possible. As i sid somewhere before, my guess is that 1 pally/4 archers is the fastest way to clear the levels.

That being said, I have to agree with Ech when he says it's probably almost as fast to clear a level now as it was before the gcd. I really don't get why people are still upset when it has already been tweaked down so much. I did solo runs earlier and it didn't really take me much longer to complete anything really. In general, people are always acting up when something changes for them, but I'm sure STS had a VERY good reason to implement this and my guess is that it wasn't only to tweak pvp.

Remark: And, Ech... You ARE one of the best players IMO

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Great idea I have this 'screen recorder' software installed on my iPhone. We could setup a group and record the process a couple of times and pick the best video (and maybe get some good loot in the process ) PM me if you'd like to do that sometime. I must admit I never play on my iPhone (playing on iPad mostly), so I hope I won't mess up I'll look into the possibility to record on my iPad later. There might be a (jailbreak) tool to record video for it too. Another thing we could do is record time to clear a level in different party setups ie. Mage/4 archers, 5 mages, bear/2mage/2archers... This might give us an insight of which setup will clear everything the fastest way possible. As i sid somewhere before, my guess is that 1 pally/4 archers is the fastest way to clear the levels.

That being said, I have to agree with Ech when he says it's probably almost as fast to clear a level now as it was before the gcd. I really don't get why people are still upset when it has already been tweaked down so much. I did solo runs earlier and it didn't really take me much longer to complete anything really. In general, people are always acting up when something changes for them, but I'm sure STS had a VERY good reason to implement this and my guess is that it wasn't only to tweak pvp.

Remark: And, Ech... You ARE one of the best players IMO
    If you have found a screen recorder that records at least true 30 fps let me know, but so far all the ones I have tested the quality of very bad. You could record videos from your iPhone while playing with your iPad a'la Physio style with a pepsi can as a tripod. I will be on tonight I was using my mage with a custom set to run a few plasma pyramids.

Thanks for the remark I do try my best sometimes not enough hehe. You know every class just perfect and ours groups have been the fastest and with the least amount of deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    I'd like to attest to a glitch that comes with this patch that occasionally prevents me from using a skill that is supposed to work - happened last night at Trash Heap, I couldn't use Evasion or Focus. I toggled the "hide skill map" button at the top right a few times and the skills worked again.
    I am having the same problem, this appears to be random but it tends to happen more on areas where you have to spam more skills and on bosses.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

no way ur right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

but not all the way because the people that hate GCD are the people that that team up and raid alot so there was already teamwork now everyone is angry and not teaming up anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

If you have found a screen recorder that records at least true 30 fps let me know, but so far all the ones I have tested the quality of very bad. You could record videos from your iPhone while playing with your iPad a'la Physio style with a pepsi can as a tripod. I will be on tonight I was using my mage with a custom set to run a few plasma pyramids.

Thanks for the remark I do try my best sometimes not enough hehe. You know every class just perfect and ours groups have been the fastest and with the least amount of time
    Today won't be possible for me, but tomorrow will. I intend to hit it hard tomorrow to try and get some good loot. I should be on for most of the day

As for the screen recording software, I just tried it but it doesn't seem to work on iOS 4.3.1 anymore I'll look into that tomorrow. If not, I should have some coke can laying around

And yes, our group was the fastest for me too

U rok, thanks!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Hi all i a really no like a gcd and all say this. But why i can press button but not next button? I say and a person bring me here and ask why gcd make you do that? I just say i no want to get kick out for say i no like it because everytime i die but not before. FriendS always save me but now friend no play nomore and i no like play because button still no work only first time? So please i ask can please fix? My friend spell check agaib for all you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Thanks for the remark I do try my best sometimes not enough hehe. You know every class just perfect and ours groups have been the fastest and with the least amount of deaths.

I am having the same problem, this appears to be random but it tends to happen more on areas where you have to spam more skills and on bosses.
    Recording on my iPhone will playing on my Ipad was my style . TOILET PAPER TRIPOD FTW!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Recording on my iPhone will playing on my Ipad was my style . TOILET PAPER TRIPOD FTW!

/ten
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Gangsta

Plasticuproject

Last edited by Plasticuproject; 02-08-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticuproject View Post
    What I DO mind are skills not working WHEN I press them, repeatedly pressing BoM and nothing happening, the new choppy effect the game now has, and always feeling like I'm lagging.
    Me too! It just blinks, reappears, and nothing happens! This happens very often on evade and blessing of might. I havnt tried my bear yet for rage and iron blood (notice how these are all buffs). It does happen on all other skills every so often. Its really irritating when it won't work on heal or mana shield

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

On iPad: An option to hide the quest description on top of the screen would be nice. Similar as the message that you're not gaining xp can be hidden. Sometimes the quest description is 3 lines, and although not a huge problem given the size of the iPad screen, it would be nice to have a button to show/hide this info

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticuproject View Post
    Okay. I no longer mind the GCD one bit, it's actually kind of neat. What I DO mind are skills not working WHEN I press them, repeatedly pressing BoM and nothing happening, the new choppy effect the game now has, and always feeling like I'm lagging.

Now for the "constructive" part

Please use your super awesome programming skillz to make these problems go away, and make my skill casting much smoooother.

Thanks for listening!
    Isn't that what was posted before? I remember someone saying the skills actually ARE activated, it just doesn't show that you pressed the corresponding skill button. Did you check in the upper left to see if the skill activated or not? Then again, this should be fixed.

Edit: upper left I meant instead of upper right o.O

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have noticed something (skipped my mind in my last post). It seems to me(atleast from what I have read into all the tons of posts) like alot of people hating GCD are ones who solo more, and the ones who say that there isnt much difference/its fast/etc team alot.
    Before GCD, there was always a lot of overkill. Imagine a group of 5 mages running through a map. You probably only really needed 2 mages spamming all their skills to completely kill a group of enemies. So now Post GCD, even though each player is individually weaker, as a group there is still overkill.

Post GCD, where you will really see the biggest effects is in the time to kill bosses which will mostly take longer and of course when people try to solo.

I am sure all the "Elite" teams are getting great run times, but that is because (from what I have seen on the forums) they usually seem to run with 3-5 birds. People who play in random PUGs don't have that luxury and are having the most trouble at bosses it seems.

One last comment, I think the King and Queen should have double the normal drop rate or the normal drop rate and a large 5K gold treasure. It doesn't seem right that that you have to kill two bosses to get one prize. Surely the King and Queen of the sewers should have a larger treasure then a heap of trash and a cockroach.