Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hobby !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Default Hobby !

I don't know how to say this. But i will try... When I'm getting bored or when i was getting bored in game ( nowadays i'm not active in game or the forum aswell ) I'm reading or watching movies or even better I'm going out. But when I want to check what's new in the game I'm checking these 2 sections: AL General Discussion or AL Announcements. And I think i don't quite understand why i want to get bored by reading threads without any sort of meaning. People are spamming this section on a daily basis with "cute" threads.

If you are getting bored .. find a hobby ! A game is not a hobby !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

When I'm bored I go outside and play football. Problem solved.

Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trancemaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

When im bored, I write poetry, draw, play my acoustic guitar, play at gigs, write my own music, sing design all types of things from sculpting, fashion, art etc... ^-^ The worlds space is endless, just use your imagination. Take a break every once in awhile. Chill, relax. Hangout with friends. Just enjoy life. Then when im ready im back to AL :3
    Oh & im working on writing two fantasy novels & a manga

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoseFaded For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Nice suggestions ! Maybe they are going to be inspiring for others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Go drink a beer and see some girls. Thats nice.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to D.AL For This Useful Post:

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by D.AL View Post
    Go drink a beer and see some girls. Thats nice.
    All day
    /11 chars

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Overweightank For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

I usually just play my acoustic, go to 9chat and answer some questions on the philosophy group, meditate and browse 9gag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Am I the only one who stream anime?
    I wish I were me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Maunyabastian For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I used to surf professionally before my accident. Now I'm bored with everything and have nothing to do.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

[QUOTE=Titanium;2181979]I don't know how to say this. But i will try... When I'm getting bored or when i was getting bored in game ( nowadays i'm not active in game or the forum aswell ) I'm reading or watching movies or even better I'm going out. But when I want to check what's new in the game I'm checking these 2 sections: AL General Discussion or AL Announcements. And I think i don't quite understand why i want to get bored by reading threads without any sort of meaning. People are spamming this section on a daily basis with "cute" threads.
    If you are getting bored .. find a hobby ! A game is not a hobby ![/QUOTE

Lol some just don't know how

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

I dont like this thread.
    You dont like forumers who post too much? fine, thats your opinion; but what the person wants to do is his wish.
    I myself post during those long bus rides home when i dont have much else to do; but why hate on someone who wants to post during his free time?
    Does it affect you somehow? are you trying to make yourself feel better by saying that you have healthier hobbies than others?
    As i said, i dont like this thread. This is like alienating of a person because he has a different outlook on 'fun'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merch_master View Post
    but why hate on someone who wants to post during his free time? Does it affect you somehow?
    Like you said, it is his opinion. Why would you bothering someone else's opinion?

are you trying to make yourself feel better by saying that you have healthier hobbies than others?
    As i said, i dont like this thread. This is like alienating of a person because he has a different outlook on 'fun'
    He weren't trying to make himself better, because I personally think why would we show off our hobbies?
    It is fine if you hate this thread, simply don't post anymore to let it buried. Everyone has different perspective, deal with it. Honestly you took this thread too serious because I posted here without even reading the #1. Title explains. This is why gaming isn't an appropriate hobby, but there are still more reasons of it. Have fun.
    I wish I were me.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maunyabastian For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Well, at least his topic has some truth to it and make sense

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maunyabastian View Post
    Like you said, it is his opinion. Why would you bothering someone else's opinion?

He weren't trying to make himself better, because I personally think why would we show off our hobbies?
    It is fine if you hate this thread, simply don't post anymore to let it buried. Everyone has different perspective, deal with it. Honestly you took this thread too serious because I posted here without even reading the #1. Title explains. This is why gaming isn't an appropriate hobby, but there are still more reasons of it. Have fun.
    If he had asked just after the hobbies, it wouldnt be a big deal; but specifically saying anyone who plays a lot is wrong and should have a hobby and be 'inspired' is a very bad way of putting forth his point, it almost sounds demeaning
    As to why i replied, umm this is a forum discussion, why shouldnt i post a counter-point
    Just as i said, "I" do not like this thread, so "I" i will post against it; that is exactly in line with "everyone is entitled to their their own opinions" so i dont see what you mean by that.
    And im being too serious? Im just engaging in a good debate by pointing out something i find wrong....forums are supposed to be places for finding faults and 'discussing' gaming stuff. This is again something to occupy my mind with while i reach home.
    On the main topic, OP's mentality is something i do not respect in regard to this thread. His post sounds patronizing to a point to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    I don't know how to say this. But i will try... When I'm getting bored or when i was getting bored in game ( nowadays i'm not active in game or the forum aswell ) I'm reading or watching movies or even better I'm going out. But when I want to check what's new in the game I'm checking these 2 sections: AL General Discussion or AL Announcements. And I think i don't quite understand why i want to get bored by reading threads without any sort of meaning. People are spamming this section on a daily basis with "cute" threads.

If you are getting bored .. find a hobby ! A game is not a hobby !
    Game is indoor hobby . My other hobby are basketball, football, travelling, and reading.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

@merch_master,

You got it all wrong. I'm not showing off with my hobbies. I'm trying to help people to move on from posting useless stuff on forum and find a hobby instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

@merch_master,

You got it all wrong. I'm not showing off with my hobbies. I'm trying to help people to move on from posting useless stuff on forum and find a hobby instead.
    But 'most' people do not post useless stuff
    There are those that report bugs
    Those that organize games and contests which are a fun read, just like you browsing through any other site online
    Those that buy/sell stuff to avoid cs prize
    Those that love debates and in-depth game discussions ( maybe because the games gotten a bit dead these days, but people still want to use their gaming-time being connected to it)
    Those that actively create guides to help out newer players.
    Which useless posts are you referring to? And that is my point. I get it foruming a bit extensively might not be for you and no one says anything about that, but why call those who prefer to use up some free time here as useless and not having better hobbies?
    Got my point now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

If he had asked just after the hobbies, it wouldnt be a big deal; but specifically saying anyone who plays a lot is wrong and should have a hobby and] be 'inspired' is a very bad way of putting forth his point, it almost sounds demeaning
    As to why i replied, umm this is a forum discussion, why shouldnt i post a counter-point
    Just as i said, "I" do not like this thread, so "I" i will post against it; that is exactly in line with "everyone is entitled to their their own opinions" so i dont see what you mean by that.
    And im being too serious? Im just engaging in a good debate by pointing out something i find wrong....forums are supposed to be places for finding faults and 'discussing' gaming stuff. This is again something to occupy my mind with while i reach home.
    On the main topic, OP's mentality is something i do not respect in regard to this thread. His post sounds patronizing to a point to me.
    1,4. I used to play AL a lot like everyone else. I'm pretty sure when people are getting bored playing arcane legends are coming here to see what's up and then boom they open a thread "omg look what name i picked for my pet". That's something you want to occupy your time with?

2. We are foruming. We don't have a political debate here. And it's nothing to debate about since I told you exactly what I don't understand.

3. This is exactly what i said and what i'm trying to read in AL General Discussion.

5. Please don't try to flame this thread. If you don't respect me that's cool. I'm one of those people who doesn't ask for respect... I'm trying to earn it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

1,4. I used to play AL a lot like everyone else. I'm pretty sure when people are getting bored playing arcane legends are coming here to see what's up and then boom they open a thread "omg look what name i picked for my pet". That's something you want to occupy your time with?

2. We are foruming. We don't have a political debate here. And it's nothing to debate about since I told you exactly what I don't understand.

3. This is exactly what i said and what i'm trying to read in AL General Discussion.

5. Please don't try to flame this thread. If you don't respect me that's cool. I'm one of those people who doesn't ask for respect... I'm trying to earn it!
    firstly, that reply wasn't to you, read whom i replied it to and you will understand point 2
    Point 1, please show me a thread where someone asks for a pet name
    its "arcane legends general DISCUSSION", im completely entitled to post counter-points; just because you post something doesnt mean no one can say anything against it
    The strongest word i have used is "i dont like", you consider that flaming?
    And when did this become about 'earning respect' o.O
    Its just that i didnt agree with your post, dont get flaming and respect into it bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Ok bruh ! I'm very sorry i disturbed your comfort zone with my useless thread.