Thread: New GCD timing, is it better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile New GCD timing, is it better?

Well i played a little run this morning and found a new update.. wow the Devs have listen and act very quickly !!! i like that..

so the new GCD is very short i think.. it adds some difficulty but now its a lot better than before.. its a lot more manageable.. i would still want it gone specially for the heal skill but i guess not everyone can be pleased..

let me know your opinion about the new GCD timing !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

I like it slower....

Personally, none is best, but if it's there, have it long. I'm perfectly fine with whatever will stop all the whining tho.

My 2cents

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

i think it is cause of update

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mm i have also try several runs, its ok when the ping its ok, still the same problem when its lag, u know the game is a pocket game, people use 3g or wifi, and latency depends the countries....before i still can survive... but now with gcd become dificult... now a little bit better they have regulate the gcd, i hope they can make a little more.... The heal skill very big problem when lag, i will make others mates dead when lag plus this GCD.... i hope they can do something in heal cd///

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Talking Boiling Frog anybody?

Good work devs.

Yup my impression:

1) It makes me use my skills more *ahem* skillfully (I'm casual player) ie think about:

• WHICH SKILL to use
    • WHICH ORDER of skills to use
    • WHAT is the situation? Does that change which skill I should use first? ie "root" skill, "debuff/buff", "AoE" or "spike"
    • WHY does that skill take longer to charge than the other skill(s)?

and so on. The thinking makes the game more fun. However if skills are unusable for too long, 2 problems:

• Boring not having fun using my flash skills
    • Dungeon runs/boss fights esp. take too long

Fortunately a happy medium and fights are not over in a spammable instant but I still use skills without stretching my patience "doin nothing" too long

/dos pesetos amigos!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

GCD still too long for my liking. ==END==

the problem is NOT solved, its just smaller.
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inching View Post
    GCD still too long for my liking. ==END==

the problem is NOT solved, its just smaller.
    GCD still ruin the fun part of the game, v sad!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Deal with it people. It is here to stay. The new much-minimized cool-down time is not really a hindrance any more from several people I have talked to and what I have seen. Combos are doable, can heal quickly (or much more quickly than the first two patches), and even though many don't PvP, it prevents multi-touching which was a huge flaw with PvP in the first place.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

the new timing is WAY better in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Gotta catch em all.
    check out this thread for a list of scams! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...f-common-scams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The new GCD is much better than when it's 0.5 and it won't delay boss runs very much. However, it does affect skill point allocation since we can't spam all the skills (have to cast them one by one) and some skills we invested in are just wasted.

e.g. When I play with my archer, the skill sequence (fighting again a boss) may be single root, break armor, scream, blast shot and blinding shot. Then the cooldowns of single root and break armor are already done. Now, should I use repulse shot? Or should I repeat the cycle? Not to mention I also need to replenish focus and evade when they are ready, and that even makes the skill cycle longer. In this way, I would like to pick less skills and put more points into several skills to master them.

As for my bear, similarly, I completely gave up two slashes (out of three). I only maxed out SMS coz it has a stun effect. However, I still can't utilize all skill sometimes, especially during boss fight: rage, taunt, evade, beckon, stomp, crushing blow, qhell scream, SMS... the CD of taunt just finishes before I complete the cycle!! Therefore, the other two slashes are apparently useless (I'm tank-oriented).

I agree with Nightarcher's point of view on introducing passive skills (see his post http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Passive-Skills). I don't think we need skills capped at level 6. Level 5 is fine if there are passive skills for us to invest in. In that way we can have more variety in building characters. Playing styles and strategies will become much more flexible too. As a result, dev can design dungeons and bosses in a more creative way (i.e. the levels may need special strategies that in turn require characters of specific builds and combinations).

Bosses like Gurgox, Overlord, Cockroach and Bendit King & Queen are agood examples that require some sorts of strategy to defeat. I hope the dev would take more of this into account when designing new bosses in the future.

Thank so much for reading!
    Last edited by jefung; 04-17-2011 at 04:04 AM.
    IGN: RICHJEFF - Int/Dex Bear | JEFUNG - Dex/Str Archer | JEFRELLA - Int/Dex Mage
    Member of Brotherhood

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im fine with the GCD like it is now.
    Bu still i prefer no GCD.
    Jesma - LVL 53 Mage
    Tempestorz - LVL 51 Bird
    Gardestrike - LVL 35 Voodoo Mage
    Mezmizer - LVL 33 Bear