Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Upgrade to Level 41

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I appreciate this STS, but isn't the 2x exp weekend useless after this announcement? Also, levelling up is part of the experience of the game and bow we learn to play. If people can automatically level up go 41, they will reach the level cap with no clue how to play. The levelling process is bow we learn the tips and tricks of the game and how we make friends. This takes away from the overall experience of playing the game.
    There is already many ppl in end game without any clue. I did a few random run on test server, no potions usage, mages using heal, rogue charging pierce warrior running away from mobs, i got tired teaching ppl, have written many give etc, idk i cant help more. This feature will be not a huge change.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Have you been watching all of the hype for the expansion wondering how you're going to reach level 41 in time? Thinking about taking an alt to Garetta or trying out a new class?

The Rage of the Ren'gol expansion will come with a brand new option: Level to 41!

If you all recall, we mentioned a while back that there would be some important teamwork involved in the release of this expansion...and we don't mean a party of 5. This new addition will enable more players than ever to pitch in and be a part of one of the most monumental moments in Arlorian history.

Players wanting to start straight into the new content will have the option to purchase the Advance to 41 Pack, which will automatically level their chosen character to 41 and fill their inventory with some gear to get them started, including:

+ An Epic rarity pet companion
    + An Epic rarity armor set and weapon
    + 100 HP/MP Potions
    + 3 Respec Scrolls
    + 10 Ankhs

It will also unlock all checkpoints, including entrance to Garetta.

More details on this to come!
    omg. thrill lost.
    how about xp kits? other items below 41?
    so if we use that. we only need to lvl is 5 more @.@ 41-46??
    in that item/kit many achievements will open in easy way..
    if that happen ....hm...
    i dont like it for short even im a plat user.

mesalin

Fail remi:/ bad idea tho we work hard and then new player can be 41 in second... Lets cap them like we capped by hard work they also can get experience by it and Lol player buy lvl then go new map and don't know what to do it gonna make them confused also huh... Expansion and all is very good i did some runs in server but this idea is just bad ...

I'm so fresh

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mesalin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Have you been watching all of the hype for the expansion wondering how you're going to reach level 41 in time? Thinking about taking an alt to Garetta or trying out a new class?

The Rage of the Ren'gol expansion will come with a brand new option: Level to 41!

If you all recall, we mentioned a while back that there would be some important teamwork involved in the release of this expansion...and we don't mean a party of 5. This new addition will enable more players than ever to pitch in and be a part of one of the most monumental moments in Arlorian history.

Players wanting to start straight into the new content will have the option to purchase the Advance to 41 Pack, which will automatically level their chosen character to 41 and fill their inventory with some gear to get them started, including:

+ An Epic rarity pet companion
    + An Epic rarity armor set and weapon
    + 100 HP/MP Potions
    + 3 Respec Scrolls
    + 10 Ankhs

It will also unlock all checkpoints, including entrance to Garetta.

More details on this to come!

we know you need to earn but dont let players to be lazy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Have plat
    No have lock

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

It is optional, you don't actually have to buy it if you don't like it. I think it's a great idea, though.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Laveen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I dislike you at this moment in time...

(Only cuz I spent the last grinding a rogue to cap and probably spent more gold than the plat this would have cost).

Also speaks to how this could possibly affect the market at lower levels. Probably not a huge impact. È
    Last edited by Hectororius; 06-13-2015 at 05:25 PM.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

I like this very much. I hated grinding just to level.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I tend to get a little heavy handed with plat spending at times, but for the life of me, I just don't "get this"...

What is the point of not leveling up and learning the ropes the old fashioned way?

Having a L41 doesn't mean people are going to just fall in love with the game either. I got to use L41 chars (in all classes) on the Valentine Test server, and had a ton of the free plat to boot. It still got boring after a few days (especially since I didn't have any good gear or pets).

At least we have new options for getting the high end mythic and arcane stuff with the expansion, so more than enough good decisions were made to offset the 'Huh?' decisions, 8^)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice now I can lvl my rouge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

"Every coin has two sides"

This upgrade can be good if new players do not have this option but only the players who already have at least 1 level 41.
    So that people do not have to grind same quest and map again again for other character.

Do not make it too cheap so that anyone can buy this upgrade nor make it super expensive. Don't make it plat exclusive please, not everyone can spent real money.

I won't call old level 41 inexperienced player."people are called noob if they have poor damage." If they can spent 100s of plat or 1000s of gold for new level 41, I assume they can buy average gear. Learning curve for new character may be 1 week or 2 weeks for old level 41s. You can party before entering any maps so if u don't want to run with randoms, you have a choice.

However, I am assuming things on certain assumptions. I have a positive feelings towards this upgrade.

STS please don't make a bad decision that players will hate you.

Thank you.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

the description says That I will receive gold and nothing O.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

imo this is just useless
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    Is there a way to get the epic set without quick leveling to 41?

Also; I think that's a REALLY bad idea, because then we'll have TONS of non skilled / really inexperienced players in our pts.. :/
    Yeah I just want the epic gear set for my collection. Can we get it without the pack? I'm Already level 41 so no point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I don't mind this. If I make an alt, I want to quickly jump into the game. I prefer the grind to be about the farming and not about the slow process of leveling. I know some of my friends make an alt with the goal of making it to level 41. Then they stop and give up 1/3 of the way. Even during 2xp weekends. On test server, its 1 plat. Hope it stays 1 plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Sounds good. Should only be available to accounts that already have a l41 toon on it.

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Sounds good. Should only be available to accounts that already have a l41 toon on it.
    Berry gud idea this way experienced players wont have to grind to make an alt and new players still have to learn before reaching 41.

IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Previous caps were only 2600 per level.

Level 41->42 = 6160 XP
    42 -> 43 = 6930 XP
    43 -> 44 = 7700 XP

This kit will alleviate the pain of leveling for many including new people. Most people can still learn when they are 41. They aren't entirely doomed. Either they are willing to learn or they are not.

I know many people have thought of this before during down times. What if you decided to quit Arcane Legends and move to a different game. For me, I got discouraged once I thought of trying to "catch up" to everyone else.

This kit helps soothe the pain of a portion of that issue, helps keep players here and helps invite new ones.
    Last edited by Ravager; 06-13-2015 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This might be ok if you have 2 level 41s on an account already. New folks should really learn the mechanics of the game, along with much other stuff, before your life in a party depends on someone who has played for 10 minutes. Also a bit unfair for those who have worked hard for 2 years or more to get where they are. I suppose the plat cost will be high, and that is the primary reason for this offering. Spacetime has to stay in business after all. If you really want to level fast from scratch, without plat, it takes you can do it in a couple weeks, with maybe the exception of the cap level. But then, I am Oldguy, a fossil who doesn't believe in money for nothing.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    There is already many ppl in end game without any clue. I did a few random run on test server, no potions usage, mages using heal, rogue charging pierce warrior running away from mobs, i got tired teaching ppl, have written many give etc, idk i cant help more. This feature will be not a huge change.
    Yes, but the basic knowledge of game is there right? For example, every rogue I have seen had aimed shot. With this update, we will see some horrendous builds on level 41 players. Also, this will essentially destroy pug runs. I will definitely stop stop running pug runs after that is implemented.