Thread: Xperia Play Optimized?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Xperia Play Optimized?

Will this game be Xperia Play Optimized? If not, are you looking to add in support for the Play and its gamepad? If so, I may have some ideas on how to make it work but obviously I don't know how hard it would be to code my ideas.

EDIT: Here is how I could see it work;

Now, it doesn't matter if the bottom ability is X or the top is O, people will get used to whatever you choose. But, how do you select different abilities from your set if you only have four buttons? Well, in Pocket Legends you can have up to three lists on your screen. That works perfect for this. Here is an example;

The middle list is your default abilities for your four face buttons. If you want to use the list on the right, you hold down your right trigger (R1) and then press X,O,[], or /\. If you want to use your left list, hold down the left trigger(L1) and then press X,O,[], or /\. Let go of the triggers and you are back to the first list. .

The trigger buttons are on the back;

I just think it would be another thing that puts your new MMORPG over the top. Especially if you could partner with Sony and get the advertisement of it being Playstation Certified.

You can also take a look at this guide posted by some other developers to get your game to take advantage of the Play:

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/develo...angrymobgames/

This is using Unity though so I am sure it isn't the same for you all, but it should be a bit of a help.
    Last edited by Varking; 04-17-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

That analog touch pad might be useful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We could get more use than just the analog pads. Those are nice, you use the left to move and the right to rotate the camera. You could use the d-pad to change profiles of gear. The buttons on the right are for your abilities and to toggle which abilities to different sets, you could hold down the right trigger for four more abilities, and then the left trigger for four more abilities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Adding a optimization guide to the first post now as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In theory, if you can optimize the controls to take advantage of the control pad on the Xperia Play for B*, would it be possible to do that for Pocket Legends as well? I imagine having not one, but two Xperia Play optimized MMORPGs would be hugely popular and likely gain free advertising via Sony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

if Xperia Play support pl, i must buy one...
    i am using gamepad sticker for now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What you have set up is actually pretty sweet. Are they restickable? So if I finish my gaming session I can take them off and use them later? Where did you get those?