Thread: Everyone calm down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Default Everyone calm down

There's been a lot of hate with the new tokens. Thought I'd clear up some stuff.
    The armor the token vendor sells, IS NOT THE BEST GEAR. The best gear is crafted with Cyrogem fragments, Vial of orcsbane and the Ren'gol ancestral rune.
    Secondly, Carapace has said these tokens drop from ORC CRATES. Not Ren'gol crates. These are most likely the Orc Chests the other token vendor sells, and are also most likely lootable from the elite bosses, and I'm assuming the Ren'gol locks drop from both elite and non elite expansion maps. However, I see Ren'gol locks as a plus, because the F2P player base can farm them and sell them for around 20k maybe more. The best gear is crafted with the ingredients mentioned above. Even if these tokens actually drop from a Locked Crate, you can't get the best gear with it, just the best pets it seems. Nevertheless the best armor is craftable which is awesome.
    Remember this is a TEST server, made to gather feedback on people's opinions about the expansion, and all the numbers are approximations. Anything is subject to change.

My Review (SPOILERS)
    After playing through the maps, I can say the game looks great, but visuals aren't everything that makes a game right? The gameplay is fluid, considering we can only run the normal maps, the difficulty is like past expansions at first maybe a little harder, which is good. Picturing myself in elite, I'm positive tanks will be needed. The shaman mob applies a shield to all enemies in range, and this shield absorbs alot of damage and seems to not break unless the shaman is killed. I think the devs pictured it as the warrior and mage controlling the mobs, while the rogue gets rid of the shaman ASAP. The brute also buffs other mobs, same scenario applied here I imagine.
    The maps are HUGE, no longer 1 minute walks. Which is a nice twist and makes the maps more challenging. The reward hopefully equals out. Overall I'd say STS has done a good job, and its WAY to soon to start threatening to quit over these tokens. We have no confirmed information on them apart from the fact they drop from Orc Crates, and it a test server after all.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Titanfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

The people waited with baited breath then could hold the screams no longer.
    If we don't get tokens to purchase nice things, sts can sit on a donger.
    They heard our cries and implemented such things, use tokens to get op gear.
    Yet the players are fickle and threaten to quit, only driven by money and fear.

The tale of the players goes on forever, never an end in sight.
    At the end of the day we will all still be here, playing AL all night.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSkied For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Phew, tokens avialable from orc crates,i can sleep better tonight.

Thank you very much for clearing that up ^.^

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Don't get your hopes up, we don't know the drop rates for these crates yet, might take two years to get enough tokens for a shard/fossil....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

I think the token system is great to reward plat spenders. Us regular folk never had a chance at arcane/mythic items anyways unless you bought it off plat spenders. If they open 1000 rengol crates and have a guaranteed Arcane via tokens, then I think the overall price of arcane/mythic price will drop in value such that the rest of us farmers can buy it more easily. Remember when arcane ring was 130m? That's like GG!!! Even with the newest items with this token system could bring arcane items back down to the 10-20m mark which is much more in line with what a hard working farmer can actually achieve. Heck it's tempting me to try my hand at crates too XD
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Yep , that's what everyone is fearing