Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rage of Rengol Consolidated Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Rage of Rengol Consolidated Feedback

Hello,

After playing the test expansion, I just wanted to write my own review on the newly produced content. I understand that some opinions may differ from my own and that is OK. I understand and respect that - just do the same for me!

1. Town
    The town is great! It's the first town in this MMMO that has given me the feel of a real MMO. In traditional MMOs, towns are typically HUGE with much to discover. The town did just that.

Now, if there were more special features that could be incorporated in this town, I am sure players would use it more. The only drawback right now is that there is no stash (that I could find, might have missed it considering how big the town is) and that the CS is very far away. Now, the distance of CS is OK as long as there are other features in this town that make it worth using!

2. Maps
    The maps seem great. While they are long, I am sure as players we can figure out how to complete them efficiently. What I did notice was that the mobs within the map generated many stuns! In fact, one could be stunned quite literally after a stun duration ended. I think that this could be improved as tanks are the ones who will suffer the most. Now, not only are tanks slow, but they are also stunned all the time which further decreases their effectiveness in a party. However, sorcerers with arcane shield and rogues with razor shield will be appreciated within this map.

3. Gear
    The gear seems like it could use some improvement. If the stats could be increased to be better than imbued, I am sure many players would appreciate the effort.

4. Jewels
    This one is a major issue. While I do understand that on a test server, things are expected to change...there was a quote that jewels are not likely to change in stats.

This is something that I covered in April. In order to prevent creating another 3 piece ring ordeal that plagued PL for the longest time, it is essential that the jewels be either equal or slightly better than gems like: enchanted eye of syrillax, paracelsus gems, or reinforced gems.

The game should progress - not be locked in a specific state for all eternity. Just as I expect SNS to be outperformed eventually (perhaps with the new arcane pets), the gems should also be eventually replaced with something better if jewels are really intended to replace gems. Otherwise, it just creates a grandfather effect where only those with vast resources win while those who do not have such vast resourced end up losing.

5. Rage of Rengol Crates
    I don't yet see how these are different from the locked crates of the grand watch yet. If any developer could expand on this, it would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-13-2015 at 11:09 AM. Reason: I will add more as I explore more.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Para and eyes will be back next event as the major tier prize. If jewl is better, who will run events? I am actually glad that damage jewl is not so op as para, otherwise you will see 50damage difference between MAX PLAYER just because of gems, this is the real RIDICULOUS thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    Para and eyes will be back next event as the major tier prize. If jewl is better, who will run events? I am actually glad that damage jewl is not so op as para, otherwise you will see 50damage difference between MAX PLAYER just because of gems, this is the real RIDICULOUS thing
    How are you so sure that the enchanted eye and para gem will return?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    How are you so sure that the enchanted eye and para gem will return?
    I'm not sure they will return, just like you not sure they won't return; so better figure it out first

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'm not sure they will return, just like you not sure they won't return; so better figure it out first
    True, but there is a quote Hali has provided that shows the gems are likely not to return.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

How can you say that paras will return?Why do you want to ruin the game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I think many would like to know what we can find inside the Rengol crates. Especially if they still have the same loot table as the old crates with new stuff added on.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Lol if para comes back this will be **** before para AND other gems came I can kill another twink rofue who had better stats but ever since gems AND para ESPECIALLY PARA it made a big difference I couldn't even kill rogues unlike before they just 2-3 combo me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Para GEMS and eye GEMS will never come back since it was said by devs that no more GEMS will be able to craft .
    However i think jewels stats are just ridiculous since the dmg and crit they provided is way lesser than para gems or eye gems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Even if so, I don't want to wait half a year for these gems, meanwhile employing useless 0.6 damage/crit jewels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Pretty good feedback., if i might add my two cents
    There was some class balance mentioned- of which i see very less being implemented
    The mob sparsity is same as tindirin and (atleast at 41 with top gear) pulling too many mobs seems a bit disastrous.
    The orc mage heal ( which ppl point out as rogues hitting first while wars tanking) was implemented in tindirin as well, didnt work out well
    the hulks are too slow and their red zones too sparse to have much of an effect
    Supportive of the balance was
    the 3rd boss with its reflect
    The graphics are great, but as pointed out; the city can have much more added to it, seems too empty and huge to be appealing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladysophie View Post
    I think many would like to know what we can find inside the Rengol crates. Especially if they still have the same loot table as the old crates with new stuff added on.
    I opened one at the test server, it is cheaper 5 plat but only 1 loot instead of the 3 loot from locked watch. It was 2k gold inside.. Xd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    I opened one at the test server, it is cheaper 5 plat but only 1 loot instead of the 3 loot from locked watch. It was 2k gold inside.. Xd
    Same thing here, I only got one item from it, and that was 2k gold.
    Have been trying to loot another one, but haven't gotten one so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPrime View Post
    Same thing here, I only got one item from it, and that was 2k gold.
    Have been trying to loot another one, but haven't gotten one so far.
    I just looted another, 2k again xd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    I just looted another, 2k again xd
    So those crates are in the loot table of the test server? Or is this a joke. I haven't looted a single one although doing all runs with luck lix. I thought that none of the new loot should be available?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    So those crates are in the loot table of the test server? Or is this a joke. I haven't looted a single one although doing all runs with luck lix. I thought that none of the new loot should be available?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    5. Rage of Rengol Crates
    I don't yet see how these are different from the locked crates of the grand watch yet. If any developer could expand on this, it would be appreciated.
    The difference is the name. I don't expect there is anything else different about them except the fact that they have not yet been exploited to the point that there are thousands of them in circulation. Fixing the over-abundance issue is the only reason I can see for a new version of the same thing. So unless they have also closed the loopholes that created such a surplus of the original crates, it's just a marketing ploy. "People will open crates again because they think it's a new item".
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

It would be sad if they just copied the old Locked grand crates lootable, added some stuff to it then called it Rengol crates. I would love to see a total renovation Lol

To me 5 plat 1 item & 15 plat 3 items looks like the same thing turned around XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

First and foremost,
    The new locked crate is basically a unitary method. 5 plat crate for 1 item. Lol. I dont know what will be accomplished by this.

Going to the jewel section:
    Para and enchanted eyes were both event gems. Just like sns. As far as I remember there was a huge cry when it was said SNS to be reintroduced? Why is it ok for SNS to be not introduced because people worked "hard" but introduce jewels which are better than last event gems? Does that imply that we didnt work hard to enjoy its little superiority?
    The devs mentioned that the new jewels will eventually win over the event gems. The key word was "eventually". Please dont get me wrong. I am all up for closing the gap between paid and non-paid player. But it needs to be closed from all sides instead of targetting the side which is mostly common to the majority.
    Also in case you havent noticed jewels do not provide anything new. Just the fact that they can be pulled out again. I read somewhere that to craft a noble gem it would require 2680 cracked jewels. Considering it equivalent to essences, 2680 essences=268 gems which is more than enough to give you grand gem. And the time would be more or less same considering the crafting time to noble and recrafting time for grand. A grand at level 41 gives +6 and at level 46 might give +8 which is the same as noble(my assumption).

So there you have it. Thank you folks. Have a great day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladysophie View Post

To me 5 plat 1 item & 15 plat 3 items looks like the same thing turned around XD
    from the perspective of plat costs and loot chances yes. but you need to loot 3 times the crates before, which is smart with current crate surplus.