Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Korgar Goretusk - Reflect Cue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Agreed with removing running dots before the reflect starts but you should keep the reflect damage up to make warriors more useful. And also, it's no fun if you're allowed to mess up without heavy repercussions on the last boss's special move.

At least the Elite version should stay as is.
    It would be nice, if this were actually a viable strategy to balancing things in pve. In some games it probably is. Unfortunately, AL is not one of them. One-hitting, especially when out of nowhere, is not the way to solve the current situation in pve. And will not make warriors more useful. While I like running with warriors (yes, even Arena) and I routinely do that, many others don't. Because no warrior can save you from a no-warning dog one-hit or a Stahl critical. The only thing warriors do, at least in the eyes of the majority here, is make runs slower.

We already have enough mobs and bosses who can one-hit dps classes, this solved nothing. Adding more won't either.

The solution lies in revamping the current skill system. Especially the warriors skills. Especially the way taunts work.

p.s. I actually find warriors much more useful against big bunches of mobs, who CAN'T one-hit me, but can overwhelm me with sheer numbers. For example against certain pulls in Shuyal or some of the bigger pulls in Tombs. I'd rather have a tank against 20 skeletons and vines than against 2 dogs, a giant and a mage.
    Last edited by Tatman; 06-16-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Having a warrior means it takes longer to kill, meaning you have to survive more instances of reflect. Unless the warrior has superb timing with HoR, and the instances are timed to the cooldown like Alpha Wolf, I don't see this being a viable way to include fatties. But then, not being on the test server I can only speculate.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    It would be nice, if this were actually a viable strategy to balancing things in pve. In some games it probably is. Unfortunately, AL is not one of them. One-hitting, especially when out of nowhere, is not the way to solve the current situation in pve. And will not make warriors more useful. While I like running with warriors (yes, even Arena) and I routinely do that, many others don't. Because no warrior can save you from a no-warning dog one-hit or a Stahl critical. The only thing warriors do, at least in the eyes of the majority here, is make runs slower.

We already have enough mobs and bosses who can one-hit dps classes, this solved nothing. Adding more won't either.

The solution lies in revamping the current skill system. Especially the warriors skills. Especially the way taunts work.
    You need to run with experienced warriors if that's your opinion; a good warrior knows how to pull and prioritize feebling the most dangerous mobs. As an example, I was running with ungemmed myth set, maul and blood ruby and with two okay-experienced rogues (mari/sam as pets) we were doing 7-8 minutes in T3 without deaths. With a mage, maybe it could be done a minute or a minute and a half faster but nowhere near as safe, especially at boss. Experienced mages with decent gear are even harder to find than experienced warrs with ok gear because gear matters less for the second group.

I'd like major changes in skills too but all we're going to get is maybe small fixes not a revamp (dev said so).
    Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Having a warrior means it takes longer to kill, meaning you have to survive more instances of reflect. Unless the warrior has superb timing with HoR, and the instances are timed to the cooldown like Alpha Wolf, I don't see this being a viable way to include fatties. But then, not being on the test server I can only speculate.
    Well, of course this isn't going to help a newb warrior. But the razor-shield reflect move has a 25 second cooldown which means you can almost fit two HoR's in there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

You need to run with experienced warriors if that's your opinion; a good warrior knows how to pull and prioritize feebling the most dangerous mobs. As an example, I was running with ungemmed myth set, maul and blood ruby and with two okay-experienced rogues (mari/sam as pets) we were doing 7-8 minutes in T3 without deaths. With a mage, maybe it could be done a minute or a minute and a half faster but nowhere near as safe, especially at boss. Experienced mages with decent gear are even harder to find than experienced warrs with ok gear because gear matters less for the second group.

I'd like major changes in skills too but all we're going to get is maybe small fixes not a revamp (dev said so).

Well, of course this isn't going to help a newb warrior. But the razor-shield reflect move has a 25 second cooldown which means you can almost fit two HoR's in there.
    You intentionally don't use your arcane ring on your tank? Anyhow I'd love to partake of one of those very fast runs with a tank in the pt. Last time I did one of those was with Skippleggday before he quit. In fact He, Calicus, an officer of enigmatic (a rogue , but not Tatman) and I did two warriors run in t3 in less than 8 minutes, which was my personal record for quite some time :-)

I do agree that finding good mages is really hard, but I find finding good tanks equally hard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

This is not my opinion, this is the general opinion among players in this game. I've stated probably 100 hundred already that I like running with warriors. In fact, just like my friend Jazzi a few posts above, my best T3 time used to be with a tank in pt, and it stood as my personal record for a long time.

And I am sorry, but no matter how good/experienced/whatever a tank is, he can't prevent a dps being one-hit by certain mobs, if said mobs choose to do so (which they like to do). It's just how this game is.