Thread: Gold Guide?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Gold Guide?

Hello,
    I'm very new to the forums and to Pocket Legends. I have a level 23 warrior which has 115 dps and 200 dps with rage. I'm currently looking for a quick way to make gold for my level. I have tried looking for a guide but haven't found one. Any help on how to get quick gold will be very useful! I have only known PL for about 6 or 7 days and I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks for any help,
    ~Malandm (proud member of the Dungeon Defender forums )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hey welcome to the community, for now i suggest just making your way up in levels. Gold is much easier to get on the higher campaigns than on the lower ones. Alien Oasis is a good place for gold especially the level 'Plasma Pyramid'. If you want to make gold faster remember to do the levels solo. If you don't all of the gold is spiit among the players. Once you hit 50 and have done most of the quests then you should have a good lump of gold. Hope this helps!!
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

At lvl30 and lower, gold isnt really necessary unless your making some legendary low lvl character lol ;D but if you want to make FAST gold, farm rares, and ive played DD before, so its like... farming, wassat? ogre rush? for rare items and selling them. Or another choice is just playing solo and gaining gold little by little :-/ thats the hard way but it assures at least a little gold.
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, so is there any current methods for gold farming for my level?
    For example, is Forest Haven Chapter 13 best for farming gold?

Off-Topic: Also, ogre crush used to be the best mana farming method in DD, but it isn't any more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well I guess the best thing you could do is the FH bosses and hope for recipe drops. While doing that you can do the daily quests from Burke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Whoa... Bumping into a lot of DD forum people on other forums lately.
    Welcome aboard!

Like others said, gold really isn't important early on. Just use what you loot, sell what you don't need, and save up. Bc when you hit the higher lvls, you'll want your gold for that equipment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

welcome, just a tip: dps is not the main focus. you want high damage and pretty good dps. so a mix in-between super high damage and dps.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Hey there, just to sort of mirror what everyone else has said really. I would make sure whatever you decide to do, you don't compromise your XP and levelling as return gets higher the the more you venture into the game.

Bear in mind that whilst you will have to share gold in a dungeon, you also aren't at a level to solo Plasma Pyramid efficiently yet. I would complete all the quests which in turn will give you gold and XP and allow you to progress to levels where the returns are better.

What do you need the gold for? I'm just wondering if you're maybe trying to do something the hard way and we might be able to suggest and easier way.

Let us know what class (Bear, Bird, Elf) you are as there as lots of advice to be had on the forums about the most cost effective gear to get rather than the expensive stuff.

EDIT: Have just read that now... Get a good shield and a Board and Nail of Legend (lvl19) as a good 1H cheap option, it will see you right til lvl 30 when you can go for the frosty gear...

Good Luck
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I currently have the best sword available ( board and nail of legend) and the best shield available and the best armour available for my level. I am a bear. The reason for why I was looking for a gold guide was to get me prepared for the upper levels because I'm levelling up really fast at the moment and I'm afraid that at the higher levels I will have little gold, not enough for fury fighter or the other expensive sets. Thanks for the reply so far.

Also, hi Lesrider!
    Quick question: what you like more : DD or PL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MAlandM View Post
    I currently have the best sword available ( board and nail of legend) and the best shield available and the best armour available for my level. I am a bear. The reason for why I was looking for a gold guide was to get me prepared for the upper levels because I'm levelling up really fast at the moment and I'm afraid that at the higher levels I will have little gold, not enough for fury fighter or the other expensive sets. Thanks for the reply so far.

Also, hi Lesrider!
    Quick question: what you like more : DD or PL?
    Did you loot the items you're using or buy them? If you bought them, that would explain why you're low on cash. You outgrow your gear so fast while lvling, that it really doesn't pay to buy any gear. Just wear what you loot, you'll be fine. The lvl capped gear is worth the most, so when you reach lvl 50, farming Balefort Sewers pinks will be your best chance at making gold (or farming gold in AO2/3).

As for DD/PL, I'm not really playing either right now. I still think they could both learn a lot from each other, but ah well.
    I'm mostly waiting to see what Blackstar is like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Did you loot the items you're using or buy them? If you bought them, that would explain why you're low on cash. You outgrow your gear so fast while lvling, that it really doesn't pay to buy any gear. Just wear what you loot, you'll be fine. The lvl capped gear is worth the most, so when you reach lvl 50, farming Balefort Sewers pinks will be your best chance at making gold (or farming gold in AO2/3).

As for DD/PL, I'm not really playing either right now. I still think they could both learn a lot from each other, but ah well.
    I'm mostly waiting to see what Blackstar is like.
    Yeah I bought them... I am wearing about 50k worth of items right now and wondering how I got so much gold. Is there any statistic answers for which map is best? E.g. Bale fort Sewers Bandits earns 1 million gold per hour if you put your loot in an auction. If someone makes a guide with the statistics, I'll really appreciate it. One like this would be good for me:
    http://www.forums.trendyent.com/show...efenders-Guide!
    In part 2, I talk about mana making. A small guide like that would be really appreciated.
    (the guide is made by me )

Also, What is blackstar?