Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Scaling of old elite maps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Default Scaling of old elite maps

Current issues

For the last few months, player interest has declined to an all-time low.

This can be seen clearly by the number of guild hoppers bouncing between guilds, the steady decline of online players (last night there were 12 out of 300 on my F/L online during North American prime time), and the #1 ranked guild for most online in the 7 day range is 22% below what it was a year ago.

Even considering that the economy always crashes as soon as an expansion is announced, much of this decline has to do with boredom - too little variety of maps to farm, too little loot of value to farm for, and too little challenge.

We have 3 new maps being added for the level 46 cap, and this is not going to hold people's attention for long. There is talk of a lot of potentially farmable stuff, so what's the deal? Are these items all going to squeeze into the three new bosses, leaving people groaning at the tedium of repetition?

Proposal

Why not take all the lovely elite maps from ALL the other seasons, and instead of having them easy enough for a naked level 20 to run with no viable loot, scale the mobs up to 46 like elites should be, and populate ALL the elite bosses in the game with viable loot. This would add a ton of interest and variety into the game, allowing for people to choose what they want to farm and where. If all maps were equally challenging (as far as mob level goes), and all had loot we could use - it would provide a lot more purpose for this new "skip-the-leveling" feature.

I have never seen the point of having low level elites, and wasted maps. Having maps with useless loot and one-hit-able mobs is a waste of space and bandwidth. It wouldn't take a lot of resources to scale things up, since the coding for scaling mobs is already present for tombs and other maps.

Are there any reasons for this not to be implemented? It may just fix the problem of severely declining player interest, loot distribution issues and a lot of other things.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Current issues

This can be seen clearly by the number of guild hoppers bouncing between guilds, the steady decline of online players (last night there were 12 out of 300 on my F/L online during North American prime time), and the #1 ranked guild for most online in the 7 day range is 22% below what it was a year ago.

Even considering that the economy always crashes as soon as an expansion is announced, much of this decline has to do with boredom - too little variety of maps to farm, too little loot of value to farm for, and too little challenge.

We have 3 new maps being added for the level 46 cap, and this is not going to hold people's attention for long. There is talk of a lot of potentially farmable stuff, so what's the deal? Are these items all going to squeeze into the three new bosses, leaving people groaning at the tedium of repetition?

Proposal

Why not take all the lovely elite maps from ALL the other seasons, and instead of having them easy enough for a naked level 20 to run with no viable loot, scale the mobs up to 46 like elites should be, and populate ALL the elite bosses in the game with viable loot. This would add a ton of interest and variety into the game, allowing for people to choose what they want to farm and where. If all maps were equally challenging (as far as mob level goes), and all had loot we could use - it would provide a lot more purpose for this new "skip-the-leveling" feature.

I have never seen the point of having low level elites, and wasted maps. Having maps with useless loot and one-hit-able mobs is a waste of space and bandwidth. It wouldn't take a lot of resources to scale things up, since the coding for scaling mobs is already present for tombs and other maps.

Are there any reasons for this not to be implemented? It may just fix the problem of severely declining player interest, loot distribution issues and a lot of other things.
    Agreed :P
    Especially for elite farmers the game is practically dead in terms of loot...elites are way to easy with to little loot :/
    Tombs provided small amounts of entertainment/challenge for a while but again, loot was blehhh

+1 good idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Good idea. Hopefully a mod/dev sees this thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

This idea would also be great for players yet to complete some of the elite map achievements too as they struggle to find runs in certain maps, good idea sera!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Agreed. Whats the point of leveling to 40/41 and then being able to access a level 25 elite zone in brackenridge to breeze through with crap loot?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Off topic: I don't understand the logic of giving gold to level up and then few weeks later introducing auto level-up for 1 plat lol
    Anyway i pretty much agree with was is being proposed here. Great idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

I was LITERALLY thinking about posting this a few hours ago, but you Said it better than i ever will!
    I have never seen a single game Where i can solo a endgame zone in the worst gear i own, it is just not supposed to be that Way!

Also, i would suggest adding a new gamemode, Where maybe 10 players can play a Map,but ONLY if they are the Same guild,and it is incredibly hard...
    Just a dream, but it would WAKE the game up, and there could perhaps be guild LBs of what guild can clear the maps fastest.
    (Yes I am being inspired by WoW alot lately)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Please make your own thread for new ideas and leave this one for the discussion it was made for.

The topic here is about making all elite maps have fully scaled mobs with appropriate loot - including ingredients to craft new mythics - rather than cramming everything into only 3 maps.
    Last edited by Serancha; 06-17-2015 at 04:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I'm thinking to make top twink gears obtainable from lower lvl elites instead of locks/events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Very nice idea and i see a lot of other people agreeing also.
    Last edited by represents; 06-17-2015 at 04:35 PM.
    Alts: Represents,Disrespects
    [True Legend]
    "Wtf a 2pc True Legend bird???-All
    Me: I beat the impossible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Current issues

Proposal

Agreed if and only if leaderboards are cleared first
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchial View Post
    Agreed if and only if leaderboards are cleared first
    If this happened it would optimally be for the new season, so yes, fresh leaderboards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

i'll just insert *Useless* xD

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoxc View Post
    i'll just insert *Useless* xD
    Exactly what your post is. Well stated.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I agree and at the same time I doubt it will be done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Why wouldn't it? It makes no sense to continue keeping the older elites useless when the expansion is only 3 maps and player interest is on a steep decline.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Because it could have been done at any moment in the past, yet it wasn't; I doubt it's that hard from a dev standpoint.

Anyway, as I said, I fully support this idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Why wouldn't it? It makes no sense to continue keeping the older elites useless when the expansion is only 3 maps and player interest is on a steep decline.

What loot would brakenridge contain if all elites were scaled to 46?
    I think it would have to be something in a vanity idea-quest-->pieces from boss--> craft vanity
    If brackenridge or rooks nest contained any new content loot, the prices would drop severely. Those two zones will alwyas be easier, even scaled to 46.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -no View Post
    What loot would brakenridge contain if all elites were scaled to 46?
    I think it would have to be something in a vanity idea-quest-->pieces from boss--> craft vanity
    If brackenridge or rooks nest contained any new content loot, the prices would drop severely. Those two zones will alwyas be easier, even scaled to 46.
    There are different qualities of the new armour, aren't there? It wouldn't have to be the best - just something viable. Even a chance at tokens, as was already suggested by Shiny, would be fine. Anything to make the currently wasted maps a decent level of difficulty and worthy of running and farming.

Trust me, when rooks nest elite was scaled full level, it was plenty hard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

+1

I've been playing Diablo 3 for some time now and they have the same concept incorporated with farming. Desirable loot (much, much more than AL) can be found in almost any of the scaled maps, with the exception of a few exclusives. That made it less monotonous for players, because they weren't seeing the same environment over and over for weeks.

Variety is the spice of life.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post: