Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warriors are hugely underpowered?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MAlandM View Post
    I hope they do make bears have a higher Hit % AND have a higher dps. Even higher than archers. I would like it if they can go up to 250 dps without rage. This is only because of their huge disadvantage. The only solution to the disadvantage is making them stronger. Maybe I should suggest this in the suggestions... What do you guys think?

Also, why should bears have to be dual to be succesful in PvP? I still don't think you guys are getting the point yet (well I can see Elly isn't getting the point yet). Read what Elly quoted again. Archers and Enchantresses don't have to be dual. But bears DO to be good in PvP. The balance of classes isn't right at the moment.
    I get the point

My sadly, it's true comes from me agreeing that both other classes can go pure, while bears can't.

By all means, if you have a worthy suggestion then suggest it

Btw, they can't just add more DPS, since that will mainly come from weapon speed. I think you mean that we have higher base damage, or higher damage growth from strength

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Sadly, it's true.

Well, pure str can still work, but you ONLY take damage. I doubt with 65% Hit that you'd even land Beckons and debuffs.

The loss of tanking ability from full str to dual spec isn't that huge compared to the gain you get from adding dex. I believe Mr.Wallace showed exactly how much in one of his threads.

The only reason why I'd go pure str is if, and only if, they somehow make bears have higher Hit % despite being pure str.
    Heard my name, immediatly woke up. ;-

That's the comparison Elly was referring to. And I totally agree, as the game is now,there is not much use for a full str warrior for the team. And that is completly different from.the other classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Thanks Wallace!

So yeah, the biggest loss is the loss in Health IMO.

But you have higher damage, way higher hit, and the same crit. Worth the loss of a few armor, hs, and dodge IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Health decreases? Didn't know that...
    See, my point is that there is not much use for a pure STR warrior other than tanking, which is NOT useful in PvP or PvE solo... Thanks for understanding. I might make a suggestion later.

P.S. Yeah I meant a higher damage, not higher dps. But higher damage does lead to higher dps. Not a fast weapon either such as one with 50-51 with 0.3 speed cos warriors aren't that fast. One like 185-215 1.3 would be awesome or 125-145 0.9 or 1.0 speed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bear has been underpowered since the earily days. First off, they cant cause damage unless your face to face, toe to toe. Birds can attack from HUGE distance, mage can also cause indirect damage while being out of reach. If by some chance you can catch them in a pull, they can be lethal if they dont stun, birds can still repulse and run while they are stuned(bug) or not.
    if i as a bear, swing at a target behind me, no damage. Birds,Elves both will turn around to target automaticly and damage it.
    Since only like 5% play bear anymore. the liklyhood of gettimg those weakened is 0%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoShaan View Post
    Bear has been underpowered since the earily days. First off, they cant cause damage unless your face to face, toe to toe. Birds can attack from HUGE distance, mage can also cause indirect damage while being out of reach. If by some chance you can catch them in a pull, they can be lethal if they dont stun, birds can still repulse and run while they are stuned(bug) or not.
    if i as a bear, swing at a target behind me, no damage. Birds,Elves both will turn around to target automaticly and damage it.
    Since only like 5% play bear anymore. the liklyhood of gettimg those weakened is 0%
    Yes! I know have more evidence!
    Also, the thing is, bears have low Hit % right?
    Well, the funny thing is, bears can't catch their opponent, let alone hit them 2/3 of the time... I think bears need to become faster... Who agrees? If bears are faster, in PvP, bears will be able to catch their enemy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

bears are strong, they should be able to run faster xD
    but if they do that people that have birds will ask for flying ability
    and people with mage will ask for teleporting umm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vallist View Post
    bears are strong, they should be able to run faster xD
    but if they do that people that have birds will ask for flying ability
    and people with mage will ask for teleporting umm
    Not really. If bears can run faster then the game will be slightly more balanced than before. Doing any of the other things such as a flying bird will make it once again hugely unbalanced...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MAlandM...
    i think a bear having a little dex is not unfair...
    i have played a lot of MMORPGs... and on every one of them there's always a Warrior , Rogue (Archer) , and Mage...
    Archers are always pure dex...(unless they are hybrid or dual spec in this game) because dex gives hit % and damage (sometimes with dodge)... which are all the stats they need...
    Mages are pure ints also...(again unless they are dual spec) int gives mana pool , damage etc etc.... which are all the stats they need(again)...
    and as for Warriors (Ursan)... [in almost all of the MMORPGs that ive played] they are never pure in str....
    when they say that they are Pure Str... it means they have decent Dex to have enough hit %.... Warriors that doesn't have dex just swings on air...

So I think putting a little dex to get Hit% wouldn't hurt...
    Last edited by allanbernardo5397; 04-26-2011 at 07:22 PM.