Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Ren'gol Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

They should of came out with two types of lock.
    Lower version openable with gold low chance , high version chest open with plat higher loot chance.
    For old locks let them open it for free before expansion , why not ? It's going to be old gears anyways with somuch bad news let these ppl have moment of happiness.
    Last edited by Trojan2100; 06-20-2015 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    This is turning into a pure p2w situation. I am sorry but advice like "farm crates and sell to plat whales" is bullsh*t extraordinaire. I want to farm actual stuff, not freaking locks.
    It's the same in reverse. "We'll make all the elixirs and respecs tradeable, but the only way to get them is by buying them from the plat farmers/whales." So ultimately f2p players are just tools to make whales and farmers rich. Circle of life.

They get gold from selling plat items in the cs, then they get gold from crates, and we get 100 gold and a 1/100 chance at a chest with a 4% chance of a decent item, for killing an elite boss. Woo!
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Lol It is as simple as it seems. If buying plat doesnt give an advantage then why would anyone buy it. People that don't want to spend money on AL shouldn't expect to put themselves on the same level of those that do and experience the same gameplay. :S
    At least now when spending their hard earned money on the game and not getting anything valuable in return, players won't feel completely dry and robbed. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i think that i great idea STS!

the plus:

1) STS will get more fee because now ppl will know when u are opening chests u will get some ''good''! that why they will buy more plats and opening chests.
    2) more ppl will be available get cool gears = more fun.
    3) game will be more versatile( u no need anymore freeze on only one race cos the arcane pets and other gears is extremal expensive u can more easily test another race if u can more easily buy good gears for it)
    4) new ppl will get faster involved in the game because prices will go little down, before it was very very hard, if u didn't start 3 years a go or spend thousands of dollar's whit out warranty to get something.
    5) the pvp will be more fun for more ppl because its wont be any more only for the ''100 ppl'' how's has game best of the best gears what no one else has and cant get.

the minus:

1) the ''100 ppl'' who's has best of the best gears will crying D

TY STS!!!
    Last edited by Filipp Finnila; 06-21-2015 at 01:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

i have no problem with plat giving an advantage, I just have a problem with items being only obtainable through plat use. One should be able to get the same items through an reasonable amount of effort playing the game - and I don't consider buying them from a plat whale the same thing.

Also, when plat users get one token for each 5 plat spent, and players get a chance at a token in a chest that they have a chance of getting....this is very unbalanced.

I realize it is not much different than before, other than crate poppers now being guaranteed a reward, but that doesn't mean the imbalance was ever right in the first place.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Sure, that's fine. Then I would raise the token cost for items like: shard, fossil, arcane eggs.

The values set in test server would mean that I can become instantly rich by dropping $200-300 on the game.
    yes, and this is bad? $200-$300 is way enough..

Eskimosmurf
    Helden Von Heute - Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

#LoveUpdate #But #AffraidOfMoreP2wAgainInAL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    i have no problem with plat giving an advantage, I just have a problem with items being only obtainable through plat use. One should be able to get the same items through an reasonable amount of effort playing the game - and I don't consider buying them from a plat whale the same thing.

Also, when plat users get one token for each 5 plat spent, and players get a chance at a token in a chest that they have a chance of getting....this is very unbalanced.

I realize it is not much different than before, other than crate poppers now being guaranteed a reward, but that doesn't mean the imbalance was ever right in the first place.

I think it is important i strecth out i am not a platwhale, i have never gotten anything valuable from the crates i open except amulets and i believe sts should make people's money hold value for the paying players while not taking peoples time for granted for the F2P players

My opinion is this: I don't want any quest or F2P system to give a guaranteed token equal to the advantage given by plat. It would be unfair against those players that invested/invest/will invest thousands of hard earned cash into the game, trying to loot shard or fossil.

The token reward was not meant to give free arcanes to everyone but make them cheaper and more accessible giving more value to F2P players's time and spending players money.

IMO as long as there are top valuable items to farm only available through PvE like the mythic pendant, dragonite bars, breeze, recipes, and imbueds that were introduced this season and previous i can't call AL P2W 'am sorry. I would rather label myself as Lazy for not taking advantage of them, independently from the odds.
    If i want a arcane shard without opening crates i would farm the items i mentioned earlier, sell them, merch and buy a arcane shard and thats what i do, without expecting quest or chest that would give me same advantages as someone that spends money on the game.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladysophie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

for all you non platties ... the system of a free to play game includes those payments .. in every game of this kind...
    if you dont have the money to buy it then you are still able to farm or trade ... if you are still to lazy to do that then please stop crying...

-from a plat spender / farmer

Eskimosmurf
    Helden Von Heute - Guild Master

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eski For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    591 Posts

This thread has turned more p2p vs f2p each time I read it. I think I speak for a lot of f2p farmers when I say I don't mind farming hard. But farming for a chance of token in a chest that has a chance of dropping is gambling at high stake all over again. The fossil in arena scenario came to mind. And where does that leave f2p farmers? Locked farming. Well is that so bad? Maybe not, but why did we have to wait so long for expansion, being teased by sneak peeks after sneak peeks, only to end up in Ydra maps farming crates again? Hasn't the people leaving due to arena chance-based loot taught STS anything? This shouldn't be about p2p players accusing f2p players of laziness/being blind to the fact that STS doesn't run charity/expecting equal advantage for nothing. This should be about STS making their content more enjoyable to play, that people will feel cheated if they just stay in cities popping crates instead of running those new maps.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    This thread has turned more p2p vs f2p each time I read it. I think I speak for a lot of f2p farmers when I say I don't mind farming hard. But farming for a chance of token in a chest that has a chance of dropping is gambling at high stake all over again. The fossil in arena scenario came to mind. And where does that leave f2p farmers? Locked farming. Well is that so bad? Maybe not, but why did we have to wait so long for expansion, being teased by sneak peeks after sneak peeks, only to end up in Ydra maps farming crates again? Hasn't the people leaving due to arena chance-based loot taught STS anything? This shouldn't be about p2p players accusing f2p players of laziness/being blind to the fact that STS doesn't run charity/expecting equal advantage for nothing. This should be about STS making their content more enjoyable to play, that people will feel cheated if they just stay in cities popping crates instead of running those new maps.
    I think the message that is being wrongly passed here is that farming tokens to buy arcanes is the only way for a F2P player to get the vendor items.
    There are/will be:
    Jewels, rengol crates, teeths : Level of difficulty Easy
    Breeze, pendant recipe, all the imbued content : Medium.
    Materials to craft the glinstone set, orc chest, fossil: Hard.

If some players want to sit in the cities opening crates all day to get rich, as long as they spending real money and not getting rich through platfarm or cheating I have no problem with it.

IMO what we should be asking STS for is more valuable pure Free to Get items that we can farm and make gold from and the capability to be able to buy crates contents with gold we worked for. We should not be asking for free tokens so we can directly get items paying players spent real money on. Thats just like asking 10/20 plat for free each day lol.
    Maybe i am wrong but this is how I see it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

crates for tokens while us F2P's will never ever make it to the 1k token for a fossil or shard....especially the chance and luck in this game will strangle you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

So you guys spend hundreds of hundreds of real life money in computer lines? For me that's absurd, not criticising plat users. I also spent my real life money on this game because I enjoy playing but hundreds!?

Anyway about this there's nothing else to say. Plat users will probably benefit from this situation but personally idc.

Enviado do meu SM-G350 através de Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

I can't wait to be able to farm crates while working again. Since they dropped below 8k locked haven't been worth farming. Elites are great to run when you have the time and parties but for those times when working or busy farming locked always provided a steady income for busy players like me. These new locked to farm actually has me more excited than the expansion itself.

Guess it's Good bye jarl hello mother.

As far as the old locked they could drop the price of plat to open them and have a plat sale. This would get rid of the old ones quicker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yubaraj View Post
    Is $300 cheaper for a single virtual item in a game? ( 300 dollars may stay true if the token needed in a final expansion is same as test server). Although, It does not stop at 300 dollars because we will still need crates. I am not sure how much the normal crate gonna cost me. Even I assume 10 k per crate = 1,000 x 10,000=10,000,000 gold. However some of the loot or drop may compensate on this expenses. Also, there is crafting/levelling part which is not easy/cheap either.

Some old rich players may be worried that they may not profit from the arcane items they have been hoarding. But please also think about new poor players.

If this lock system is implemented it will help most player. As non plat player can farm locked whereas plat players can have certain assurance to get something in return after opening crates. And noob poor players like me do not have to wait for 2-3 years to get one single arcane items if I put on some hard work.

Please STS don't change your decision as it will help balance the game at certain levels.

Aren't we already tired of chance/luck system!!!
    Exactly...

Sent from my SM-T116NU using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I hate to get items that I cant use. Locked crates can't be opened by means of the game.
    Just make those chest purchasable from the store for those who want to open those.
    I want to farm something I can open myself without having to sell it.
    200, 500 or 1000$ whatever, I dont care how much guys pay for another shard or pet. Don't want to know it. I want to kick the beast and get the treasure and use it myself.
    All the best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I just started the game, its a great game thus far, from my first impressions how come nekro and arcane ring will be readily and mostly more available than the new arcane pets, like toor/gold toor, when toor and gold toor is clearly weaker than nekro as arcanes. Also i was fortunate to make the goblin event and am wondering why nightshade is stronger than singe and samael? I am no economist, but economically speaking why is the harder to get pets weaker than the easier to get ones? Won't that ruin the economy more in the new expansion? *my 2 cents*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Wow, that's cheap! If I want to go to Vegas, a booking per night at the Mirage costs anywhere from $250-500/night.
    It is just the location. Also Vegas is Vegas It is a place of excess. Some of the hotels there practically have streets and houses in their lobbies . I once had to pay 70 Euro for a glass of ice cold coke in Monaco o.O.

Anyhow next time before u open locked go to Vegas, if u haven't been there. I can only recommend it and that not because of the gambling part of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

btw! i dont think if give f2p farmers a way gather tokens p2p users robbed! cause the tokens for the p2p in the extra they still hv chances to loot items thats just an extra! f2p can only gather tokens cant hv that chance to loot the items without hard work lk open locks! thats my opinion!
    Last edited by greekAL; 06-21-2015 at 09:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Vegas better. Vegas has odds. Much better than unknown chance to loot a chest + unknown chance to loot a token from chest.