Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Ren'gol Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    Vegas better. Vegas has odds. Much better than unknown chance to loot a chest + unknown chance to loot a token from chest.
    Yup. At least you have a chance of winning in vegas lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    It is just the location. Also Vegas is Vegas It is a place of excess. Some of the hotels there practically have streets and houses in their lobbies . I once had to pay 70 Euro for a glass of ice cold coke in Monaco o.O.

Anyhow next time before u open locked go to Vegas, if u haven't been there. I can only recommend it and that not because of the gambling part of it
    I go to Vegas once a year, haha!

I do get your point though but still, in terms of hotels, it seems to be far cheaper for you!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

if you make massive chest has lesser plat to open, it makes little/no sense to open/farm normal crate... yet if you keep it like this, no incentive to farm massive chest...

it's harsh, but this upgrade of how rengol crate work is useless... rengol crates/other crates is supposed to be a shortcut to get great gears/pets, why make it harder to farm?

i still say, remove rengol crate from elite maps loot table... and even better, make chest drop chance as a separate drop chance from normal loot, just like how halloween event's bosses work like...

we don't want elite chest (which is purple/epic loot) to be rerolled into soon to be useless legendary... chests are expendables, so the value tends to be stable...

thank you
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

WHAT HAPPENED TO BRIDGING THE GAP BETWEEN POOR AND RICH?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Hahahah i love this thread.. I cant believe i spent 2hours of my life reading most of the post hahhha.
    IGN:bmooooo<41>

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bmooooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladysophie View Post
    I think it is important i strecth out i am not a platwhale, i have never gotten anything valuable from the crates i open except amulets and i believe sts should make people's money hold value for the paying players while not taking peoples time for granted for the F2P players

My opinion is this: I don't want any quest or F2P system to give a guaranteed token equal to the advantage given by plat. It would be unfair against those players that invested/invest/will invest thousands of hard earned cash into the game, trying to loot shard or fossil.

The token reward was not meant to give free arcanes to everyone but make them cheaper and more accessible giving more value to F2P players's time and spending players money.

IMO as long as there are top valuable items to farm only available through PvE like the mythic pendant, dragonite bars, breeze, recipes, and imbueds that were introduced this season and previous i can't call AL P2W 'am sorry. I would rather label myself as Lazy for not taking advantage of them, independently from the odds.
    If i want a arcane shard without opening crates i would farm the items i mentioned earlier, sell them, merch and buy a arcane shard and thats what i do, without expecting quest or chest that would give me same advantages as someone that spends money on the game.
    My plat usage is substantial from the last 2 1/2 years - I'm not a free player, but I heavily disagree with top items in game only being available for plat. Paying is supposed to give you an advantage by making the progress in the game slightly easier, not hand you a gold-plated key to Arlor dominance.

I will never understand the way the developers have made it so that actually playing the game is discouraged, making the only real way to profit to be standing in town burning hundreds on locks. Where is the game in that? What are we playing for? The whole purpose of the game is (supposed to be) to go and kill monsters to get loot and make money. When this purpose is taken away, all we have is a bunch of towns where people are expected to cha-ching their credit cards for hours on end trying to get decent gear.

The imbalance was slightly improved once the drop rate in the arena was actually fixed last month, but now they seem to be bouncing things back in the other direction again.

Edit: If the orc crates are anything like the planar tomb chests in rarity (I have looted exactly 3 in 400+ runs) then even a guaranteed token in those would still be putting the actual players at a heavy disadvantage. A plat player can open their $200 worth of crates in one sitting, getting one token per item - and items which have a chance to be arcane as well.

Getting an elite chest is very rare, and having a "chance" at a token in those is just too unrealistic. Especially with this new single-item-per-chest nonsense. I think it should a guaranteed token in a chest and maybe a 50/50 chance in a lock. Since an average elite run takes 10 minutes (more at season start), and chest drops have never been common, this would be a little more balanced. Our time is valuable too, so if we are willing to spend that time, we should be fairly rewarded.
    Last edited by Serancha; 06-21-2015 at 02:55 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    My plat usage is substantial from the last 2 1/2 years - I'm not a free player, but I heavily disagree with top items in game only being available for plat. Paying is supposed to give you an advantage by making the progress in the game slightly easier, not hand you a gold-plated key to Arlor dominance.

I will never understand the way the developers have made it so that actually playing the game is discouraged, making the only real way to profit to be standing in town burning hundreds on locks. Where is the game in that? What are we playing for? The whole purpose of the game is (supposed to be) to go and kill monsters to get loot and make money. When this purpose is taken away, all we have is a bunch of towns where people are expected to cha-ching their credit cards for hours on end trying to get decent gear.

The imbalance was slightly improved once the drop rate in the arena was actually fixed last month, but now they seem to be bouncing things back in the other direction again.

Edit: If the orc crates are anything like the planar tomb chests in rarity (I have looted exactly 3 in 400+ runs) then even a guaranteed token in those would still be putting the actual players at a heavy disadvantage. A plat player can open their $200 worth of crates in one sitting, getting one token per item - and items which have a chance to be arcane as well.

Getting an elite chest is very rare, and having a "chance" at a token in those is just too unrealistic. Especially with this new single-item-per-chest nonsense. I think it should a guaranteed token in a chest and maybe a 50/50 chance in a lock. Since an average elite run takes 10 minutes (more at season start), and chest drops have never been common, this would be a little more balanced. Our time is valuable too, so if we are willing to spend that time, we should be fairly rewarded.
    I agree with chest granting a guaranteed token. It will keep them high for a long period of time and make farming profitable.

What IMO is incorrect and i don't agree with though is that the top items are only available through buying plat and opening crates. Currently 3/5 top gears are only available through farming.
    I don't farm much but i have made millions of gold through events and i know players that have made way more than me by farming elites and running events. So again i have to disagree the only way to profit in AL is by opening crates.

Edit-
    F2P games are like that, those who spend more have a higher chance of getting whatever they want but as long as we are able (and this what we should be stubbornly asking sts for) to get the same stuff directly or indirectly if we play the game i don't understand why we should make a problem out of someone sitting in town all day wasting their money.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ladysophie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post

Well said , I can't play much as I would like too but a lot of my guildy does and I would like to see them get rewarded for there hard work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I assume more players will retired after expansion. No big change for non-plat players, doing locked farm all the time kinda boring. I'm considering inactive after this expansion and active again if the Lv.51 expansion live (if AL still around).
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Newcomx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

For me what's wrong is the distribution of items available to free players and paying players.... if the same identical items with the best stats are available through both a paid method and a grind method, it is always going to cause tensions.

What everyone wants most in an RPG is to advance their character towards having the best stats and gear (including pets) possible. That is what I loved so much about the earlier seasons of AL (Dead City and Kraken expansions)... I could spend ages in CS looking for items which would increase my dps or dmg by a few points, farming the whole time to be able to loot or afford to buy further gear pieces in a quest to max out my character for that season. It was something which took a while but always felt like it was something I was progressing steadily towards, and never felt totally out of reach. These days the thought of obtaining the best stats doesn't even enter my mind, and that's kind of a motivation killer.

We should all be playing to get the best stats, and we should all be vying for it by the same route so that everyone who masters the game, by actually playing it, should be able to acquire them. This should be the point and the aim of the game, not something reserved for those able to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

Yes, some of the best items are now available to be farmed, but Arcane items are once again going to be a privilege of the (heavily) paying customer, because if it takes 1000 tokens to buy an Arcane item from the vendor, then the alternative is to farm (and open) 1000 orc crates.

Option 1: Open $300 worth of Rengol Crates. Spend $1000 and you will get 3000 tokens... prepare to dominate ^_^

Option 2: Well.. if you play for 4 hours a day (farming elites solidly from start to finish for that entire time) and you drop a chest 1 in every 5 runs (lol), and the runs take you approximately 20mins (if they don't then gj you earned snack and bathroom breaks during your 4 hours), then it will take you 416 days to earn an item which costs 1000 tokens. (If tokens are a certain drop from chests.)

I don't understand why STS doesn't take the route of offering a massive variety of toon customisation for platinum including banners, vanities, weapon skins, character effects, floor effects, alternate skill graphics, more choices of guildhall, more hair styles and colours, and the myriad of other possible non game affecting benefits for micro transactions.
    Last edited by Dalmony; 06-21-2015 at 10:18 PM.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Just.. Speechless....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    For me what's wrong is the distribution of items available to free players and paying players.... if the same identical items with the best stats are available through both a paid method and a grind method, it is always going to cause tensions.

What everyone wants most in an RPG is to advance their character towards having the best stats and gear (including pets) possible. That is what I loved so much about the earlier seasons of AL (Dead City and Kraken expansions)... I could spend ages in CS looking for items which would increase my dps or dmg by a few points, farming the whole time to be able to loot or afford to buy further gear pieces in a quest to max out my character for that season. It was something which took a while but always felt like it was something I was progressing steadily towards, and never felt totally out of reach. These days the thought of obtaining the best stats doesn't even enter my mind, and that's kind of a motivation killer.

We should all be playing to get the best stats, and we should all be vying for it by the same route so that everyone who masters the game, by actually playing it, should be able to acquire them. This should be the point and the aim of the game, not something reserved for those able to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

Yes, some of the best items are now available to be farmed, but Arcane items are once again going to be a privilege of the (heavily) paying customer, because if it takes 1000 tokens to buy an Arcane item from the vendor, then the alternative is to farm (and open) 1000 orc crates.

Option 1: Open $300 worth of Rengol Crates. Spend $1000 and you will get 3000 tokens... prepare to dominate ^_^

Option 2: Well.. if you play for 4 hours a day (farming elites solidly from start to finish for that entire time) and you drop a chest 1 in every 5 runs (lol), and the runs take you approximately 20mins (if they don't then gj you earned snack and bathroom breaks during your 4 hours), then it will take you 416 days to earn an item which costs 1000 tokens. (If tokens are a certain drop from chests.)

I don't understand why STS doesn't take the route of offering a massive variety of toon customisation for platinum including banners, vanities, weapon skins, character effects, floor effects, alternate skill graphics, more choices of guildhall, more hair styles and colours, and the myriad of other possible non game affecting benefits for micro transactions.

On this, we agree completely.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

I have always loved wasting my time to read Dalmony's posts.
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I Also agree with what dalmony said also in my opinion elite bosses gold drop should be increased why only lockeds have gold increased what about for non-plat players . If elite bosses drop more Gold i think players will play more elites. in my guild people doing elite are rare sight . Because the chances of getting something good are not very well and they dont have End game gear or arcane pet so they lose Hard earned gold in
    every Run . Please sts give some thing to non -plat Player too after all
    Majority Of players in AL are
    non -plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Omg is funny to see all the p2w players loose their exclusivity with their items. FYI there are some potentials players who didnt bought platinum before like me, who are happy farming and playing but now they are motivated to spend money and I don't mean just 1$. Is not new that paying give you betters chances in the game.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Luciano Lobo For This Useful Post:

-no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I think giving a guaranteed token in each chest is a great step. I haven't been around in a long time but I can say that spending money on this game has always been a major gamble, and if you had bad luck good bye money. Having a guarantee will encourage people to spend some money on the game. $300.00 dollars will now guarantee an arcane which imo is good. If anything it is still a bit steep but I suppose you still have a chance to loot items via locks.

As for these tokens being available through locks only(orc crates will be a joke and I don't consider them a real source of tokens). There needs to be another way to obtain them. They need to drop directly from bosses in a fashion similar to teeth. The drop rate for teeth may even be a little low for anyone to have a reasonable shot at gaining 750 tokens or whatever is required for a shard. Adding a daily quest for say 2 tokens may help this out. Then after 375 days (just over a year) you can get a shard. This doesn't seem unfair. Somehow they need to be made farmable.

As for the locks there needs to be an incentive to open the large and massive locks. The odds can be adjusted to make them more desirable. Perhaps .75 odds of normal odds on locks, normal odds on large and 1.5x odds on massive. This or adjust the plat required for each set of locks. Madnex has already mentioned this. Whatever is decided there needs to be an incentive to open the rarer locks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    I would gladly fork out cash for the options of customizing my character with more skin colors, eye color, hair styles, and hair colors. Did I mention skin color, seriously you already have BLUE as a color, why not some nice shades of brown? 8^)

Would also love to be able to switch the genders of the characters too, but I know that involves a significant amount of work, so probably not viable.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoenixPrime For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    200$ for an item isn't enough? Arcane market dropped with 400% in the last couple of months. I think we should be resonable here and try to understand that a lot of people lost money and few won. With this new system everyone will win and our investement in this game will worth it ! Farming will win. Everyone will be busy getting locks . Why isn't that great?
    many ppl that play this game can afford to spend $200 (me included and im still a student) this isnt great because the WHOLE arcane market will crash and wont come back up anytime soon. i think its a good idea for a 20% chance to drop tokens so that way the market wont crash. And there is no point in a pay 2 win kind of game..... plz fix this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

As I expected, the market going to change now.
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

well i've been off on a vacation, and come to see this lovely thread. wow nice locked chests..very interesting currency to buy arcane stuff. as for my feelings on this whole ordeal..its really troublesome. would i spend my time to farm locked? nope, i would rather hunt and earn items. as a ftp player..with minimal plat spending...I would say i wouldn't open these much less hunt for them at the endgame. (considering my funds don't allow for mythic and arcane items) Bakenridge (the area) would be the place to farm locked. now even to start off this new update with mediocre armor and weapons...farming these new locked have to be plentiful.

yes they will flood the market, but anything new will always become devalued over time. its the nature of the beast. But I would say there has to be a way to earn (the holy grail of tokens)...even if its only 1..or even a chance at one. No i'm not talking about the arena..or elite areas..but from normal content. a boss encounter and defeated..and boom..you get a token. if these locked stay with its current course...I would have to say even more time will pass that I haven't found "in REGULAR CONTENT" to have obtainable/good items. I just hope the gold earning changes becuse at this rate, I will have to buy my items instead of looking for them like any other RPG I've ever played.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos