Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Ren'gol Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    I think giving a guaranteed token in each chest is a great step. I haven't been around in a long time but I can say that spending money on this game has always been a major gamble, and if you had bad luck good bye money. Having a guarantee will encourage people to spend some money on the game. $300.00 dollars will now guarantee an arcane which imo is good. If anything it is still a bit steep but I suppose you still have a chance to loot items via locks.

As for these tokens being available through locks only(orc crates will be a joke and I don't consider them a real source of tokens). There needs to be another way to obtain them. They need to drop directly from bosses in a fashion similar to teeth. The drop rate for teeth may even be a little low for anyone to have a reasonable shot at gaining 750 tokens or whatever is required for a shard. Adding a daily quest for say 2 tokens may help this out. Then after 375 days (just over a year) you can get a shard. This doesn't seem unfair. Somehow they need to be made farmable.

As for the locks there needs to be an incentive to open the large and massive locks. The odds can be adjusted to make them more desirable. Perhaps .75 odds of normal odds on locks, normal odds on large and 1.5x odds on massive. This or adjust the plat required for each set of locks. Madnex has already mentioned this. Whatever is decided there needs to be an incentive to open the rarer locks.
    So...we have to play daily for over a year to get what a lock popper can get in under an hour? How is that fair? That's what the whole problem is. Yes plat use should make things a bit faster and easier, but not that huge an advantage. I'd be happy with kill 20 elite bosses for 50 tokens kind of thing, but not a 2 token a day quest. That's almost as bad as the orc crate joke. Still love ya Blue.
    Last edited by Serancha; 06-22-2015 at 10:29 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    For me what's wrong is the distribution of items available to free players and paying players.... if the same identical items with the best stats are available through both a paid method and a grind method, it is always going to cause tensions.

What everyone wants most in an RPG is to advance their character towards having the best stats and gear (including pets) possible. That is what I loved so much about the earlier seasons of AL (Dead City and Kraken expansions)... I could spend ages in CS looking for items which would increase my dps or dmg by a few points, farming the whole time to be able to loot or afford to buy further gear pieces in a quest to max out my character for that season. It was something which took a while but always felt like it was something I was progressing steadily towards, and never felt totally out of reach. These days the thought of obtaining the best stats doesn't even enter my mind, and that's kind of a motivation killer.

We should all be playing to get the best stats, and we should all be vying for it by the same route so that everyone who masters the game, by actually playing it, should be able to acquire them. This should be the point and the aim of the game, not something reserved for those able to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

Yes, some of the best items are now available to be farmed, but Arcane items are once again going to be a privilege of the (heavily) paying customer, because if it takes 1000 tokens to buy an Arcane item from the vendor, then the alternative is to farm (and open) 1000 orc crates.

Option 1: Open $300 worth of Rengol Crates. Spend $1000 and you will get 3000 tokens... prepare to dominate ^_^

Option 2: Well.. if you play for 4 hours a day (farming elites solidly from start to finish for that entire time) and you drop a chest 1 in every 5 runs (lol), and the runs take you approximately 20mins (if they don't then gj you earned snack and bathroom breaks during your 4 hours), then it will take you 416 days to earn an item which costs 1000 tokens. (If tokens are a certain drop from chests.)

I don't understand why STS doesn't take the route of offering a massive variety of toon customisation for platinum including banners, vanities, weapon skins, character effects, floor effects, alternate skill graphics, more choices of guildhall, more hair styles and colours, and the myriad of other possible non game affecting benefits for micro transactions.
    +1 my heruuu huhuhuh xD
    IGN:bmooooo<41>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Interesting

Sent from my ASUS_T00F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    So...we have to play daily for over a year to get what a lock popper can get in under an hour? How is that fair? That's what the whole problem is. Yes plat use should make things a bit faster and easier, but not that huge an advantage. I'd be happy with kill 20 elite bosses for 50 tokens kind of thing, but not a 2 token a day quest. That's almost as bad as the orc crate joke. Still love ya Blue.
    Thanks for still loving me. I really meant that in addition to dropping from bosses. Was going to say 5 a day through a quest but I didn't want too many ppl(plat whales) to rage on me. With them dropping like teeth do currently, and a daily quest(let's say 5 now) you should be able to get a shard in 2 to 3 months(with hardcore farming). If this expansion last for a year and half it might be ok if it takes this long.

I've always thought that a hardcore farmer should be able to get everything a crate popper can through time and hard work. The fact that this wasn't possible was a contributing factor to me leaving before. I understand that after I left farming was very prosperous. Depending on how they do the new legendary and mythic sets this may hold true for the expansion. Now STS just needs to make it so you can gain every item in the game through some farming method.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

When the it was announced that the locked crates would no longer drop in Arlor and will be replaced by something new, I was thrilled because I thought STS will finaly make the game competitive with the non-plat. I thought that the days when the best gear were obtainable through farming were back, but no. They just replaced locked crates with another locked. New type of gambling that is only available in plat.

My suggestions would be, make Golden Orc Chests chance to drop crate tokens high. Don't make it like Fossil drop rate. Why? So that players will actually play the game to dominate, NOT POP LOCKED to dominate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

So...we have to play daily for over a year to get what a lock popper can get in under an hour? How is that fair? That's what the whole problem is. Yes plat use should make things a bit faster and easier, but not that huge an advantage.
    Yes totally agreed. Plat should not give players a one year head start (or more) over other players .... that is so ridiculous it's laughable! A 1 year head start isn't just an advantage, it is a permanent upper hand which is bigger the more you spend.

I would find a 3 month time-frame to be working towards one item acceptable, but it is still going to be unfair that a plat spender can acquire all of these items in one afternoon and it takes a free player 3 months per item. Lowering the token price will flood the market, and raising it will just put farmers in an even more absurd position than they are already in. The issue at hand goes deeper than balancing out how tokens are earned by big and small spenders, and free players because honestly, there is no happy medium or perfect compromise here.

The real solution is not to offer these items for plat at all, and instead focus platinum on giving players a more comfortable game experience - "quality of life" items if you will.

Everything is backwards at the moment: players can put in time in game to earn extra inventory and stash space, drop exclusive vanities during events, drop respec scrolls and ankhs from bosses.... that stuff should have stayed as tradeable platinum purchase along with elixirs.

[IDEA]

I can think of plenty of non vanity gear sets / NPC costumes which players would go mad for if they were offered in the plat store as a 250-300 plat vanity. Offer just 4 of these from the plat store each month, rotating on a regular basis. Also put 2 characters visual effects in the plat store each month for 150 plat.

Take it even further - if all gear is droppable in game, then stop putting visual effects on the gear itself, and offer those exclusively in the store as well.

Imagine a vanity ring with coloured glow like the mythic ring. Vanity rings and amulets could be used to "carry" these visual character effects as vanities while items game by regular grinding would just be the plain item.

Put them in Rengol crates if you must! (Though direct purchase is preferable).

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Turbobasher View Post
    many ppl that play this game can afford to spend $200 (me included and im still a student) this isnt great because the WHOLE arcane market will crash and wont come back up anytime soon. i think its a good idea for a 20% chance to drop tokens so that way the market wont crash. And there is no point in a pay 2 win kind of game..... plz fix this
    You are a student, you don't have your own money.

I promise I won't have a good sleep tonight because arcane market will crash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Agree , a year to save up for one item is a waste of time what about other item on that list? To obtain all the item from the vendor will take at least 10 years or more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

[QUOTE=Titanium;2195617]You are a student, you don't have your own money.

Lol I was thinking it but didint want to bust his bubble so I didn't comment .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Have been thinking about this for awhile.Its about plat farmers.There are still many of them roaming ingame(I believe so).With the present gamble system on crate they are already annoying.What if there is a guarantee system that you will get an arcane item?What will Arlor become?We probably will see Arcane Ring sell for 5m on AH.Everyone will start plat farming.Yep,the end is near.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Archerios View Post
    Have been thinking about this for awhile.Its about plat farmers.There are still many of them roaming ingame(I believe so).With the present gamble system on crate they are already annoying.What if there is a guarantee system that you will get an arcane item?What will Arlor become?We probably will see Arcane Ring sell for 5m on AH.Everyone will start plat farming.Yep,the end is near.
    The 'free offer' platinum should be turned into some form of token system too with limits since it is clear they will never get a handle on the cheaters.
    Maybe offer certain items, but definitely not arcane items, OR just make the items they get special gear that is tied to their character only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Your main problem is that only short-term thinking. Developers are constantly working for a better experience in the game and try to bring improvements to every time you plug the player into. As for your problem with these new chests, in my opinion it is a well thought out in every respect. For me $ 200 in my country.means a month's work. With this money you maintain a family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

al has already lost a lot of its active players and now putting game 2 p2w might seem a huge benefit in the start but as time progresses it will be gg the token thing from locks jst seem shet for me like for real make it 20%chance pls i got lot of flaws within this system but i guess u already have lot of problems to tackle so i will jst point the biggest flaw ty.

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thats soo Coool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Archerios View Post
    You think they are many ? But you have evidence or any short of proof who they are or it's even going on .But they are many. You are thinking tomuch. Ppl use plat farmers for every excuse and yet no proof or names has been provided. Bring us some names or ss next time. Believing alone isn't strong enough case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

very very nice)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

All i want to see is that 0% nerfs getting applied to the drops in elite/normal chests of golden orc ones. I dont want to see the luck of the normal ones nerfed. All i want to see is a stable drop from them. I can farm over 500 normal chest during the first week then i get 350 tokens. The next day i post on forums the drop rate is good, now trouble is what it would sound for a dev. Then the dev hits up the other devs, they over think and nerf it, once they nerf ppl complain y they secretly patched it. Then farming gets killed. Make normal chests have a specific drop rate.

Copper orc chests -> 1/12.11
    silver orc chests -> 1/10.22
    golden orc chests -> 1/7.88

Elite golden orc chest -> 1/5.22
    Elite silver orc chest -> 1/7.34
    Elite copper orc chest -> 1/8.56

I want to see fixed numbers for the specific chest. Its just an example, i wouldnt want to see Behind the scenes nerfs getting applied. That is all. Farming needs revival, right now im just sitting around doing nothing even if there is plenty to farm like drag bars, breeze eggs, ingots, planar chests. Make it fun, not impossible to get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    Answers!

None of the ingredients for either set come from locked crates.
    First when I saw this one I tought the only way to obtain new mythic gears set is from farming elite. Hell yeah,this expansion gonna be awesome. But wait....................

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post

As you may have previously heard in Productor's May Producer's Letter, Locked Grand Crates of the Watch will be retired with the release of the new expansion. The good news? There are new crates coming to take their place!
    start to feel something isn't right..... Then...........

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post

The Loot
    The new locked crates will have new loot as well, including:

[LIST][*]Mythic Armor and Belts.
    I should know from the begining that's just a fairytale. nice move STS.

Note :

- Ofc fibus said that none of ingridients come from lock crate,since they already have plan to removed this old lock crate.

- Better u guys tell us from the begining that "for non plat players u can obtain this new mythic gears set by farming the ingridients then craft it. And for u plat players u can obtain this new mythic gears set by a chance from new crates".

21. The Following User Says Thank You to justhell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justhell View Post
    First when I saw this one I tought the only way to obtain new mythic gears set is from farming elite. Hell yeah,this expansion gonna be awesome. But wait....................

Note :

- Ofc fibus said that none of ingridients come from lock crate,since they already have plan to removed this old lock crate.

- Better u guys tell us from the begining that "for non plat players u can obtain this new mythic gears set by farming the ingridients then craft it. And for u plat players u can obtain this new mythic gears set by a chance from new crates".
    Lol .-. if there is nothing pve exclusive to farm this season except legendary gears from elite and crates this expansion is really going to be a flop.:/

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladysophie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justhell View Post

Note :

There *seem* to be more than one sets of mythic in the expansion... one available for tokens and one which is craftable. Only the craftable one has been mentioned to have the set bonus.

Only time will tell which mythics are in the crates, whether they carry a set bonus, and whether their stats are better, worse, or similar to the farmable mythics.

But yeah... guess we'll soon be seeing how this plays out :3