Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Ren'gol Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Wow!

This is just a personal opinion, but I think this needs to be looked into or else, many rare items will be seriously devalued. Perhaps, it should be a 50% chance to grant token? Or else, we will see a serious flooding of arcanes and other valuables in the market.

It should work as a reward system, agreed, but 1 token per drop may be just a tad bit too frequent.
    Agreed!!! The game would no longer be challenging for some...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

save time from waste all ur time for rare drops is diff :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Dang so only plat users can earn token fast then..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    This is a great thread of feedback! (and a lengthy read)

There is still more information yet to be released, but to reiterate there will be a chance to get Crate Tokens from Gold Orc Chests, at a rate yet to be determined for the same reasons everyone is already discussing. We want it to feel appropriate, as with all of our platinum based merchandise you are saving time by spending. It's a delicate balance where players feel time invested is on par or equal to the time saved by paying.

Keep an eye out for more info over the coming weeks, in the meantime here is some additional information related to the different Ren'gol Crates.

- Each Ren'gol Crate variation will responsible for their own high end loot rewards. In other words, the Item your specifically after may only exist in the Large Ran'gol Crate, or in the Normal Ren'Gol Crate. This in turn helps create a demand for each variation of the crate.

- Certain Mythic and Arcane items will be available through all Crate variations
    Firstly "more info over the coming weeks" ? This sounds like the expansion is not coming any time soon ? Am I right in this assumption?

Secondly a chance at tokens from Gold Orc Chests sounds a bit discouraging. It is not like any gold chests are dropping abundantly and then the RNG within RNG. This is exactly what people have been displeased with and it has been discussed on countless threads.

I really hope u get it right this time Good luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

True to that and dont forget how many ankhs and pots needed to use just to run elite maps and also need good gears..without good gears no one will pt you..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Wow
    This is officially the most controversial sneak peek.

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The intent is to allow free 2 play players have a shot at the same loot as pay to play players. We provided a similar system with previous expansions with Mythic and Arcane items dropping from Elite Gold Chests, so this shares the same philosophy.

What it doesn't share, is the odds. We're still toying with those to make them more reasonable compared to those iterations. As anyone familiar with economics knows, supply and demand is what makes these items worth while. As an example, we can't have everyone running around with an Arcane Ring, however we certainly want to see more of them in the general population.
    I'm a bit late on viewing this but thank you for the information! It seems pretty reasonable & I hope that golden orc crates turn to be something that are worth opening!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

The intent is to allow free 2 play players have a shot at the same loot as pay to play players. We provided a similar system with previous expansions with Mythic and Arcane items dropping from Elite Gold Chests, so this shares the same philosophy.

What it doesn't share, is the odds. We're still toying with those to make them more reasonable compared to those iterations. As anyone familiar with economics knows, supply and demand is what makes these items worth while. As an example, we can't have everyone running around with an Arcane Ring, however we certainly want to see more of them in the general population.
    The chances to get arcane items in elite chests were so low that the items may as well have been non-existent. I could count on one hand the amount of people I know of who got arcane in elite chests in 2 years - and over half of those were on the two double (elite chest) odds weekends. I certainly hope that some more realistic numbers are in the works. I understand supply and demand, but it would be better for the health of the game if the distribution was less heavily weighted towards crates.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guys i rlly dont mind this as a none plat, since none plat will just farm lockeds, sell to rich plat users, and buy what they get from lockeds from auc... Simple as that, it's like a life cycle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And when the hell is it launching?!

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #291
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

For clarification, we're looking at odds in the whole number category for Tokens from Gold Chests. As an example, 20%, 15%, 8%, 35%, etc. The Arcanes and Mythic chances of yore are not going to carry over into this particular issue.

The possibility of Tokens also dropping off of bosses is plausible, but will involve an internal discussion related to their frequency. As it stands, each Token is essentially worth 5 Platinum, and we are aware of that.

To reflect on the point that we are ignoring input, I want to point out a lot of the ideas going around in this thread here are solid, and we know it feels like they are being ignored due to our lack of responses in the thread. In reality we're taking them in and making note as well as changes where we feel appropriate based on feedback. A lot of the loot related to crates and this entire thread for example, are all part of a larger ecosystem, and our job as developers is to make sure all of the pieces live together harmoniously.

Thanks for the great feedback guys!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

For clarification, we're looking at odds in the whole number category for Tokens from Gold Chests. As an example, 20%, 15%, 8%, 35%, etc. The Arcanes and Mythic chances of yore are not going to carry over into this particular issue.

The possibility of Tokens also dropping off of bosses is plausible, but will involve an internal discussion related to their frequency. As it stands, each Token is essentially worth 5 Platinum, and we are aware of that.

To reflect on the point that we are ignoring input, I want to point out a lot of the ideas going around in this thread here are solid, and we know it feels like they are being ignored due to our lack of responses in the thread. In reality we're taking them in and making note as well as changes where we feel appropriate based on feedback. A lot of the loot related to crates and this entire thread for example, are all part of a larger ecosystem, and our job as developers is to make sure all of the pieces live together harmoniously.

Please while you are here a fast question. Will there be two sets of mythic armors, one from rengol crates and the other entirely farmable or just one mythic armor obtainable from crates/vendor & farming?

Its IMPORTANT there are appetible pve exlusive items to farm for the hardcore farmers other than rengol crates, jewels and legendaries from elite. We need new items to replace/add to the current pve exclusive top items list.

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #293
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladysophie View Post
    Please while you are here a fast question. Will there be two sets of mythic armors, one from rengol crates and the other entirely farmable or just one mythic armor obtainable from crates/vendor & farming?

Its IMPORTANT there are appetible pve exlusive items to farm for the hardcore farmers other than rengol crates, jewels and legendaries from elite. We need new items to replace/add to current pve exclusive top items such as imbueds, recipes snd fossil farming.
    Notorious PvE "quest for loot" will still be relevant in the expansion!
    Last edited by Carapace; 06-24-2015 at 06:24 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Notorious PvE quest for loot will still be relevant in the expansion!
    MOoooooooooo
    Last edited by Carapace; 06-24-2015 at 06:18 PM. Reason: correction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Thankyou for the comments and for keeping tabs on the thread Your comments are encouraging.

I would ask that when thinking about the rates, that you work not only with drop rates of chests and then of tokens from chests.

Please work the numbers all the way through to calculate an estimated length of time that you would expect it to take us to farm each of these items.

It is very good to know that this is under consideration and good to know our feedback is being read

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Now there's some nice ideas here. Don't forget about the little people. I really love the tokens to fall from bosses..even having a little token goblin would be fantastic and a nice addition. Thx cara..much love.

So to summarize. ..the more that is giving. .the more inclined I would spend. I haven't purchased plat in a while..so im sure with help to the little players like myself. ..a little can go a long way. I would like to support you again..if you can support me.
    Last edited by octavos; 06-24-2015 at 07:55 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I've tended to stay out of these sorts of discussions in recent months, but now that this discussion seems to be winding down, I'll chime in with some thoughts of my own....

1) I do like the idea of the new token system. Some players, like myself, opened more than 500 locked crates before we ever even looted a mythic item. It would be nice to know that after a certain amount of crates you are guaranteed to get something.

2) As Carapace said, 1 token = 5 plat. So let's explore what that means in terms of gold price per item. Most players are aware that if you have 5 plat, you can basically turn it into around 10k gold. While the straight plat to gold conversion would only yield 5k, buying items like elixirs, ankhs and event energy kits will usually sell for around 2k gold for each plat spent.

So taking that approximate conversion that 1 token = 5 plat = 10k gold, we would see that an item costing 1k tokens would have an approximate gold value of no more than 10m. This means that without the existence of tokens, any player could raise approximately 10m gold by spending 5k plat. However, this conversion rate assumes that the locked crates being opened are obtained for free. Since crates themselves have some value, usually 5-10k each when new and desired items are available in them, then that would add at least another 50%+ to this 10m gold amount. Not to mention that the existence and demand of the tokens themselves could cause the price of locked crates to rise.

So such a system where the top tier arcane items cost 1k tokens would put an approximate price control on these items of 15-20m gold each. Nothing is likely to ever go above that amount in value. So the question is, how much should the best item in the game be worth?
    Last edited by Energizeric; 06-24-2015 at 10:48 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

1+ for the tokens in crates.

for those who pop lockeds its nice to have some stability.
    Line ID: Amborion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Seems to me some top players afraid someone might farm them in pvp

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Twomucho For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twomucho View Post