Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Ren'gol Crates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    i have no problem with plat giving an advantage, I just have a problem with items being only obtainable through plat use. One should be able to get the same items through an reasonable amount of effort playing the game - and I don't consider buying them from a plat whale the same thing.

Also, when plat users get one token for each 5 plat spent, and players get a chance at a token in a chest that they have a chance of getting....this is very unbalanced.

I realize it is not much different than before, other than crate poppers now being guaranteed a reward, but that doesn't mean the imbalance was ever right in the first place.

I think it is important i strecth out i am not a platwhale, i have never gotten anything valuable from the crates i open except amulets and i believe sts should make people's money hold value for the paying players while not taking peoples time for granted for the F2P players

My opinion is this: I don't want any quest or F2P system to give a guaranteed token equal to the advantage given by plat. It would be unfair against those players that invested/invest/will invest thousands of hard earned cash into the game, trying to loot shard or fossil.

The token reward was not meant to give free arcanes to everyone but make them cheaper and more accessible giving more value to F2P players's time and spending players money.

IMO as long as there are top valuable items to farm only available through PvE like the mythic pendant, dragonite bars, breeze, recipes, and imbueds that were introduced this season and previous i can't call AL P2W 'am sorry. I would rather label myself as Lazy for not taking advantage of them, independently from the odds.
    If i want a arcane shard without opening crates i would farm the items i mentioned earlier, sell them, merch and buy a arcane shard and thats what i do, without expecting quest or chest that would give me same advantages as someone that spends money on the game.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladysophie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladysophie View Post
    I think it is important i strecth out i am not a platwhale, i have never gotten anything valuable from the crates i open except amulets and i believe sts should make people's money hold value for the paying players while not taking peoples time for granted for the F2P players

My opinion is this: I don't want any quest or F2P system to give a guaranteed token equal to the advantage given by plat. It would be unfair against those players that invested/invest/will invest thousands of hard earned cash into the game, trying to loot shard or fossil.

The token reward was not meant to give free arcanes to everyone but make them cheaper and more accessible giving more value to F2P players's time and spending players money.

IMO as long as there are top valuable items to farm only available through PvE like the mythic pendant, dragonite bars, breeze, recipes, and imbueds that were introduced this season and previous i can't call AL P2W 'am sorry. I would rather label myself as Lazy for not taking advantage of them, independently from the odds.
    If i want a arcane shard without opening crates i would farm the items i mentioned earlier, sell them, merch and buy a arcane shard and thats what i do, without expecting quest or chest that would give me same advantages as someone that spends money on the game.
    My plat usage is substantial from the last 2 1/2 years - I'm not a free player, but I heavily disagree with top items in game only being available for plat. Paying is supposed to give you an advantage by making the progress in the game slightly easier, not hand you a gold-plated key to Arlor dominance.

I will never understand the way the developers have made it so that actually playing the game is discouraged, making the only real way to profit to be standing in town burning hundreds on locks. Where is the game in that? What are we playing for? The whole purpose of the game is (supposed to be) to go and kill monsters to get loot and make money. When this purpose is taken away, all we have is a bunch of towns where people are expected to cha-ching their credit cards for hours on end trying to get decent gear.

The imbalance was slightly improved once the drop rate in the arena was actually fixed last month, but now they seem to be bouncing things back in the other direction again.

Edit: If the orc crates are anything like the planar tomb chests in rarity (I have looted exactly 3 in 400+ runs) then even a guaranteed token in those would still be putting the actual players at a heavy disadvantage. A plat player can open their $200 worth of crates in one sitting, getting one token per item - and items which have a chance to be arcane as well.

Getting an elite chest is very rare, and having a "chance" at a token in those is just too unrealistic. Especially with this new single-item-per-chest nonsense. I think it should a guaranteed token in a chest and maybe a 50/50 chance in a lock. Since an average elite run takes 10 minutes (more at season start), and chest drops have never been common, this would be a little more balanced. Our time is valuable too, so if we are willing to spend that time, we should be fairly rewarded.
    Last edited by Serancha; 06-21-2015 at 02:55 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    My plat usage is substantial from the last 2 1/2 years - I'm not a free player, but I heavily disagree with top items in game only being available for plat. Paying is supposed to give you an advantage by making the progress in the game slightly easier, not hand you a gold-plated key to Arlor dominance.

I will never understand the way the developers have made it so that actually playing the game is discouraged, making the only real way to profit to be standing in town burning hundreds on locks. Where is the game in that? What are we playing for? The whole purpose of the game is (supposed to be) to go and kill monsters to get loot and make money. When this purpose is taken away, all we have is a bunch of towns where people are expected to cha-ching their credit cards for hours on end trying to get decent gear.

The imbalance was slightly improved once the drop rate in the arena was actually fixed last month, but now they seem to be bouncing things back in the other direction again.

Edit: If the orc crates are anything like the planar tomb chests in rarity (I have looted exactly 3 in 400+ runs) then even a guaranteed token in those would still be putting the actual players at a heavy disadvantage. A plat player can open their $200 worth of crates in one sitting, getting one token per item - and items which have a chance to be arcane as well.

Getting an elite chest is very rare, and having a "chance" at a token in those is just too unrealistic. Especially with this new single-item-per-chest nonsense. I think it should a guaranteed token in a chest and maybe a 50/50 chance in a lock. Since an average elite run takes 10 minutes (more at season start), and chest drops have never been common, this would be a little more balanced. Our time is valuable too, so if we are willing to spend that time, we should be fairly rewarded.
    I agree with chest granting a guaranteed token. It will keep them high for a long period of time and make farming profitable.

What IMO is incorrect and i don't agree with though is that the top items are only available through buying plat and opening crates. Currently 3/5 top gears are only available through farming.
    I don't farm much but i have made millions of gold through events and i know players that have made way more than me by farming elites and running events. So again i have to disagree the only way to profit in AL is by opening crates.

Edit-
    F2P games are like that, those who spend more have a higher chance of getting whatever they want but as long as we are able (and this what we should be stubbornly asking sts for) to get the same stuff directly or indirectly if we play the game i don't understand why we should make a problem out of someone sitting in town all day wasting their money.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ladysophie For This Useful Post: