Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Ren'gol Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

pls don't make any difference in token loots or plates required. Your current system is very good.
    Thing I can see many of non plate users will do offers now cos if u took out few countries then majority of people got only 2-5-7 plates form those offers which pay plates "sometimes". Collecting 15 plates for single opening mskes them hopeless and they quit for offers. But now with low drop rates ( imagine drop rate of watch lock divided by 2-4 cos of normal crate not massive , lol its gonna be a lol or troll) they will get some activity in locks keeping lock rates high and better game economics . It won't make any big difference for arcane or mythic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

if u will NOT make the old locks useful or better than before the price of old locks will go low..if that will happend, alot of players specially those farmers will be disappointed..because they had a hardtime having those old locks...i HOPE sts will have a good plan for OLD LOCKS ihope...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Sooo tired of people complaining about plat buyers. "Plat buyers get all the good stuff while us farmers get nothing! It's not fair! We farm and get nothing, you shouldn't have to spend money to have a chance at arcane!" Hello! If everyone farmed only, this game wouldn't exist. It requires people constantly buying plat. For that those people deserve a little extra than those that dont. Without plat buyers we don't have a game so yeah, give plat buyers an advantage over everyone else, cuz they are the reason I get to play! - RANT OVER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Where does it say you are guaranteed a crate token every time you open a crate? I read it as it is one of the items that could be in your crate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'd like to see that Elite bosses can drop those tokens to, like in tinidirin (teeths), which can be use in the vendor (expedition camp).
    Hope their can be changing something, so non plat users can get things to
    But thats lockeds now are 5-10-15 plat cost is great

PS: The drop chance can be like tinidirin to. And its nice if those elite bosses (rengol), can drop tokens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I am not a big plat spender nor I am hardcore farmer. However, I understand that everyone wants to have necro, arcane ring for their character(s).

When there is guarantee of an arcane item, more players will spent more money to open crates (assumptions).

If my assumptions is right then there will be huge demand for crates. When demand is greater than supply, crate market will be strong.

In this situation everyone wins, STS will earn more revenue, plat spenders will still be happy when it guarantees a return, nonplat players will farm and get revenue selling crates.

It will help for balance because there will be more supply of arcane items which will obviously decrease arcane value but viable to mass players. ( More players, more competition, more fun )

Also, I don't consider that spending 300 dollars will grant me an arcane item because I will still need to buy or farm lots of crates. I will need millions of gold or countless hours of grinding to farm crates. If I choose to open massive crate and Even it guarantees massive crate drop every rengol elite run (which will not be easy and I don't think STS gonna implement crate drop guarantee each run). You guys do the math how many complete runs will be needed to get enough crates.
    I don't think rengol crates are going to drop like rain as locked grand crate were dropping from Jarl. (STS already cleared Brackenridge maps will not drop rengol crates.)

SO THEORY ABOUT SPENDING 300 DOLLARS AND GET ARCANE IS TOTALLY WRONG.

As some players suggested, little bit of tweak on required amount of plat to open or drop rate should be made to create equal desirability on each kind of crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I love it if I am rewarded tokens everytime I open crates .
    However the assumption that it would be p2p then totally is actually wrong here. Agreed that it would be easier to get an arcane then but then again it would drive the prices down. Right now nekro and arcane ring are still out of bounds for most f2p and p2p players as well? Is that fair? Of course not.
    Now with this token system, open lockeds get a shard and use it or sell it. With demands and supply of course the price will go down. Hence more f2p players could actually afford it.

I disagree with most posts that it would ruin the game playing system and that its not fair for f2p players cause of the reasons above.

And I totally agree with Madnex and others that there should be a benefit of opening massive crates. Right now I can open 3 normal lockeds and get the same result. If there is no advantage in opening those massive lockeds why would i run elites at all? Also a definite yes is to guarentee the token in orc chests as well so they too can have a chance of their own arcanes without depending on anyone else.

Thank you all for reading
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And is there platinum sale for the new expansion?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

People are missing the point that there are other things to farm and make gold from.
    -Jewel farming&crafting
    -New elite dropped loot
    -Farming&crafting Ren'gol crates
    -Events
    -Farming&selling golden orc chests
    These are some ways to make gold in the expansion. Golden orc chests can be bought from the cs and hopefully they contain a 100% chance at 1 token.

With the new crates I think that as the crate gets bigger it should have better odds at looting an arcane/mythic item or a higher chance at looting Toor/Gold Toor . Toor and Gold Toor should be removed from the vendor and be exclusive in these new crates. Another thing STS could do is discontinue arcanes from previous expansions and make them accessable from the new vendor. This will hopefully keep the arcane market at a stable level.
    Last edited by Anyona; 06-20-2015 at 02:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Add tokens to MASSIVE Crates, Elite bosses and Elite gold chests Only ! Perhaps other crates and elite chests u can add tokens like only chance

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    People are missing the point that there are other things to farm and make gold from.
    -Jewel farming&crafting
    -New elite dropped loot
    -Farming&crafting Ren'gol crates
    -Events
    -Farming&selling golden orc chests
    These are some ways to make gold in the expansion. Golden orc chests can be bought from the cs and hopefully they contain a 100% chance at 1 token.

With the new crates I think that as the crate gets bigger it should have better odds at looting an arcane/mythic item or a higher chance at looting Toor/Gold Toor . Toor and Gold Toor should be removed from the vendor and be exclusive in these new crates. Another thing STS could do is discontinue arcanes from previous expansions and make them accessable from the new vendor. This will hopefully keep the arcane market at a stable level.
    There is big problem here. The major concerning issue is that these legendary gears dropping from elites will quickly become obsolete because of the more readily available new mythic set due to the token system. Plat users/In-game Rich players will have almost guaranteed mythic set if they spend X amount of dollars. At some point.....probably several months into the expansion everyone and their momma will have a mythic set either due to plat use/plat farmers flooding the market which drops prices and makes it readily available to everyone to buy at a reasonable gold price. This will recreate the awful situation back when mythic armors/helms were allowed to be upgraded causing everyone to have these mythic items and killing the farming/gameplay aspect of AL. Eventually everyone will have there upgraded maxed out jewels.....bam there goes jewel farming and making any decent gold from it. Now what......yup you guessed it.....farming locked crates for moderate to minimal profit. Even the new event gear will be worthless....why? because STG had made a silly promise long ago that mythic items will remain the best for duration of the season so new event legendary gear will still be subpar compared to mythic items obtained at beginning of the season.

Inevitably, the economy will hence revert back to what is now.....locked farming....then eventually nothing is worth farming anymore and game dies. People fail to see the long term implications of making mythic and arcane gear so readily available. What this does is make this game stagnant and we are back to square one. I'm guessing this is STGs last expansion and they aren't all that interested in the further longevity of this game after this money squeezing expansion.

The best solution to this if STG cares at all about the longevity of this game is to let go of the notion that mythics or even arcane will be the best all season. This allows for progression of newly added mythics/legendary gear/arcane items to continue to increase in stats and become sought after through out this assuredly long long long season (maybe 2 years or last expansion ever). I mean gosh, I'm even ok with them making every 4 to 5 months clock in as a new season....even if there is no new level cap or new maps. Then they can release new items in the game through out elite maps, events, token vendors and crates. This will keep the AL gameplay fluid and players interested.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 06-20-2015 at 03:18 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

GG STS. Make those beautiful maps then make players go back to farming lockeds in Ydra maps and up. Tell us to test the new content then give people who stay in cities popping lockeds a lot more advantage than players who run the new maps to figure out ways to run it better. Tell me again how this new system is better. It took a massive amount of plat to open lockeds to get shard then, it still will take hundreds of dollars worth of plat to get one in the new system; makes absolutely no difference to people who can't buy plat. Their lot is the measly "chance" of token in Orc Crate. How is this rewarding skills, experience, learning and teamwork? With this system, you can show off your new arcane ring and pets in cities after spending rl money without having to run a single elite map. Kind of like what you saw in the test server: empty maps, or at best a map of quitters, and a city of merchants with OP gear. A glimpse of the expansion?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This means the only way to get tokens is by opening lockeds ? What about non-plat player?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Oh i didn't know that the new expansion is for plat users. What is it for non plat users? Anything? or still the same, you'll just keep ignoring them?
    It's really good to know that their are plat users who are not that greedy. Meaning its ok for them if the price of arcane and mythic drops if thats the only way to have a game balance.
    I don't know why is it a big deal for a plat user who has 99m or more golds already, if these arcanes/mythics prices go down and average players can start to afford it?! You planning to use those golds in real life? lol

P.S.
    If plats don't exist in this game you're nothing. Thank plats they gave you a good equip but it doesn't mean you are an OP player. You even struggle getting into LB. LOL
    I won't mention any name coz lightning might struck me!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to KillerXyler For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow cool
    But when the next update?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    There is big problem here. The major concerning issue is that these legendary gears dropping from elites will quickly become obsolete because of the more readily available new mythic set due to the token system. Plat users/In-game Rich players will have almost guaranteed mythic set if they spend X amount of dollars. At some point.....probably several months into the expansion everyone and their momma will have a mythic set either due to plat use/plat farmers flooding the market which drops prices and makes it readily available to everyone to buy at a reasonable gold price. This will recreate the awful situation back when mythic armors/helms were allowed to be upgraded causing everyone to have these mythic items and killing the farming/gameplay aspect of AL. Eventually everyone will have there upgraded maxed out jewels.....bam there goes jewel farming and making any decent gold from it. Now what......yup you guessed it.....farming locked crates for moderate to minimal profit. Even the new event gear will be worthless....why? because STG had made a silly promise long ago that mythic items will remain the best for duration of the season so new event legendary gear will still be subpar compared to mythic items obtained at beginning of the season.

Inevitably, the economy will hence revert back to what is now.....locked farming....then eventually nothing is worth farming anymore and game dies. People fail to see the long term implications of making mythic and arcane gear so readily available. What this does is make this game stagnant and we are back to square one. I'm guessing this is STGs last expansion and they aren't all that interested in the further longevity of this game after this money squeezing expansion.

The best solution to this if STG cares at all about the longevity of this game is to let go of the notion that mythics or even arcane will be the best all season. This allows for progression of newly added mythics/legendary gear/arcane items to continue to increase in stats and become sought after through out this assuredly long long long season (maybe 2 years or last expansion ever). I mean gosh, I'm even ok with them making every 4 to 5 months clock in as a new season....even if there is no new level cap or new maps. Then they can release new items in the game through out elite maps, events, token vendors and crates. This will keep the AL gameplay fluid and players interested.
    Lol true, if the mythics especially the glinstone armors can be bough with tokens at the vendor then it's gg PvE. IMO only Bonecrusher mythic items should be available in crates and the best armor the Glinstones should be available only through farming.
    Neither of the two should be sold by the vendor. XS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i think tokens should hv 2 ways of gather them! the easy one from locks and the hard one from farm! otherwise no reason play just wait the x amount of money to buy plats and u hv them all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

can you guys make token unlocks bound to the character that unlocks it, so the economy isn't ruined. *my two cents*

but the CON will be that you could only should purchase an arcane fossil with tokens on a lvl 41 or above so you could craft it to nekro for instance.

Please sts if you read this don't flood the market with nekros and arcane rings, or instead bring shady and surge back. The game needs to make sure the economy stays intact somehow,
    and I don't think flooding the market with nekros and arcane rings is the answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

What makes u think to do so ? ( Sorry I forgot since session 6 it's the only PLATINUM USER GAME ) 1 crate token for every corresponding drop from the crate. So, regular crates drop 1 token + an item, large crates drop 2 tokens + 2 items, and massive crates drop 3 tokens + 3 items. What I'm saying is that,token dropped is almost fix for every opening, so they can easily get rarest item of game.

So I'm guessing this, you guys are only focusing for platinum user; of course you guys must have to for running economic. But you guys have to also think about other side of coin. I mean what about non platinum user ?? There should be also good farming system for them and as good rewarding system too.

I must say this makes some people to leave game. ( P.S I said some people, nvm you guys don't need to worry about some people. Today it's some,tomorrow it will be more some and the day after tomorrow it will be more and more and the end will come. )
    Last edited by Dashie; 06-20-2015 at 06:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

eh, the game is already pay to win, but with this new crates at least you know where you are going while opening those crates, you wont end up loosing everything.

cute is just my cover