Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Inappropriate chat, auto-muting, and auto-banning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I just need to know if this is gonna affect private games. Cause I host games for me and my friends to chat on and I don't think we should be banned or muted if we are not offending anyone. If it's a private game then only friends are there and most of my friends arnt so clean with their talk. Anyways just wondering how this is gonna affect tht. Also was wondering if there is a lost of these words that we as players can see and hopefully try to avaid using

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Colborne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default What?!?

Perma ban for life with no warning? Harsh Insanity.

At least implement a one-time warning. Please? Mistakes get made. (phone text input leaves a lot to be desired.)

Honestly, I'd rather see more careful attention paid to inappropriate names. I often see sexual, obscene, and drug reference names.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colborne View Post
    I just need to know if this is gonna affect private games. Cause I host games for me and my friends to chat on and I don't think we should be banned or muted if we are not offending anyone. If it's a private game then only friends are there and most of my friends arnt so clean with their talk. Anyways just wondering how this is gonna affect tht. Also was wondering if there is a lost of these words that we as players can see and hopefully try to avaid using
    Doesn't matter. It'll affect everything.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Yeah I think this is great although it can be anoying on iphone sometimes due to auto correct.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I have a problem with this. i can say something that is not sexually related or is a "swear" word and it'll still put the *'s what happens if some one write something... (just for an example sometimes i'll write the word it's and it puts the *'s).. anyways what if someone writes something like that and it bans them for just using a simple word that has nothing bad about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

will this also happen if for instance someone says: " It helps experience gaining" bad example but till now it would have been " It help* **perience gaining" cause that would suck if you would get muted for that :S

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I have a real problem with the word "sex" being on the list. You've got a bunch of kids in PL that go around KILLING everything in sight, typing every variation on the eff word they can come up with, and you are worried about them using a three letter word for a completely natural act that they are all gonna do eventually??

I am obviously getting old because my imagination can't come up with the context on how this word can be so badly used. Maybe someone can enlighten me cuz either old age or a too liberal outlook is really making me intolerant of this mute system :-/

Also, have to confess, I am tired for being muted after typing "one sec" and missing the last letter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i like this idea alot, but what happens if someone accidently types it in? for example if they type in "sec" really fast, then they may accidently replace the "c" with a "x" due to their rushing. This idea is good... but it may be risky, becuase u could get banned for nothing...
    IGN: Mastercon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default common accidents

What if u accidently say a word like for example cockroach in sewers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

what happens when you and a friend are talking but you are really close like nugs n I go to school and sometimes we get Xtreme with each other and we may say something weird or inapropriate and then we get muted. Can we make an option where you go to the game options and you can turn on private chat no filter mute or ban for yourslef and it displays it to other players if u allow it or not. Itt would help with people that wanna talk to their friend like they normally talk.