Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Inappropriate chat, auto-muting, and auto-banning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Thanks for the quick feedback. It's smart enough not to mute/ban for "it'S EXpensive" and "sPOON". The system will prefer muting to banning.

-ALS

Good to hear, because I see asterisks come up all the time in normal chat. Will that change along with this?

Would also be interesting if it warned -- with a dialog -- before the post went through should someone have accidentally typed something. For instance, there are lists around on the net of really bad word replacement problems with some phones when fixing spelling. Can't forget that we're all on difficult-to-type on devices that like to autocorrect our every move.

I can't even begin to express the typing frustration I have in-game. And I usually play on a Xoom, with a nice big keyboard...
    Lilbyrdie - Enchantress; Naabafrekie - Archer; Bearmiathan - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

BAN! BAN! BAN!
    Auto ban hammer....your arm getting tired?
    Lol....I always figured I would never get banned because I mostly behave myself but I foresee a fire grate death followed by a eff word and an autoban coming my way

Note to self.....behave!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got censored for saying I have lots of mANA Lol... before you start banning people permanently you should give Pocket Mom some prozac and teach her what the space bar is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

ALS,

Any chance of implementing this with a warning first for a week or two so we can have a chance to avoid unintentional or unwarranted mute/bans? (and all the work to re-instate accounts on your end) How about you for the first week you get a message that says "You would have received a (mute/ban) for the use of the word (insert word)". That way we can become accustomed to it and have a better idea of what to expect/avoid? Also, we can give you feedback on any words or bugs with the word list.

It would be better to phase in something like this to avoid headaches on both sides of the fence.

Kraz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Why not make that chat filter enabled all the time? This way players can swear and nobody will see the bad words and be offended.

Personally though if you end up swearing on a casual mmorpg then you need to take a chill pill. (this game is supposed to be a laid back game)
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I just need to know if this is gonna affect private games. Cause I host games for me and my friends to chat on and I don't think we should be banned or muted if we are not offending anyone. If it's a private game then only friends are there and most of my friends arnt so clean with their talk. Anyways just wondering how this is gonna affect tht. Also was wondering if there is a lost of these words that we as players can see and hopefully try to avaid using

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Colborne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default What?!?

Perma ban for life with no warning? Harsh Insanity.

At least implement a one-time warning. Please? Mistakes get made. (phone text input leaves a lot to be desired.)

Honestly, I'd rather see more careful attention paid to inappropriate names. I often see sexual, obscene, and drug reference names.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colborne View Post
    I just need to know if this is gonna affect private games. Cause I host games for me and my friends to chat on and I don't think we should be banned or muted if we are not offending anyone. If it's a private game then only friends are there and most of my friends arnt so clean with their talk. Anyways just wondering how this is gonna affect tht. Also was wondering if there is a lost of these words that we as players can see and hopefully try to avaid using
    Doesn't matter. It'll affect everything.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Yeah I think this is great although it can be anoying on iphone sometimes due to auto correct.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I have a problem with this. i can say something that is not sexually related or is a "swear" word and it'll still put the *'s what happens if some one write something... (just for an example sometimes i'll write the word it's and it puts the *'s).. anyways what if someone writes something like that and it bans them for just using a simple word that has nothing bad about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

will this also happen if for instance someone says: " It helps experience gaining" bad example but till now it would have been " It help* **perience gaining" cause that would suck if you would get muted for that :S

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I have a real problem with the word "sex" being on the list. You've got a bunch of kids in PL that go around KILLING everything in sight, typing every variation on the eff word they can come up with, and you are worried about them using a three letter word for a completely natural act that they are all gonna do eventually??

I am obviously getting old because my imagination can't come up with the context on how this word can be so badly used. Maybe someone can enlighten me cuz either old age or a too liberal outlook is really making me intolerant of this mute system :-/

Also, have to confess, I am tired for being muted after typing "one sec" and missing the last letter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i like this idea alot, but what happens if someone accidently types it in? for example if they type in "sec" really fast, then they may accidently replace the "c" with a "x" due to their rushing. This idea is good... but it may be risky, becuase u could get banned for nothing...
    IGN: Mastercon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default common accidents

What if u accidently say a word like for example cockroach in sewers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

what happens when you and a friend are talking but you are really close like nugs n I go to school and sometimes we get Xtreme with each other and we may say something weird or inapropriate and then we get muted. Can we make an option where you go to the game options and you can turn on private chat no filter mute or ban for yourslef and it displays it to other players if u allow it or not. Itt would help with people that wanna talk to their friend like they normally talk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I never use inappropriate language in game but I do get asterisks for typing crush the keeper and s) mega mage wand. I can't figure out either on of those.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I just hope nothing in auto-correct gets a ban/mute. I've typed "awwww" before in chat and it auto-corrected to "multiple donkies". Luckily, I caught it before I let it go through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am curious about this, but what about us who speak another language. I talk Spanish only with 1 or 2 friends but I don't wanna get insta ban for a mistake. I just don't want to get banned for something silly that can be said in another language. At least get a warning before you send the chat, If its insta ban we could get some warning and the chat, tell or boot message shouldn't be posted if that person does it again then ban. I don't want a machine to take over bans I prefer G to do it or it will turn into a Skynet take over the world thing.

I am up to make PL a safe place for kids and teens that play and even here on the forums I am one that will report those advertising threads.

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    I just hope nothing in auto-correct gets a ban/mute. I've typed "awwww" before in chat and it auto-corrected to "multiple donkies". Luckily, I caught it before I let it go through.
    This too auto correct is very wrong on a lot of corrections or should say miss-corrections
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    We go through great lengths to make sure that Pocket Legends is a fun, safe place for players of all ages. This new system should help alleviate the current customer service load when dealing with in-game reports.

-ALS
    Adding in-game player mods may be something to consider for the future, just a thought. Many games have this and it seems to be an effective method. This way he/she can be warned politely before any action is done. Just a thought
    Last edited by Wrap; 04-18-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agree that inappropriate character names is as big a problem as chat.
    PL -- Azifaiarah - Lvl 66 Mage; Ilikealot - Lvl 70 Bird; Wachuneed - Lvl 61 Bear
    AL -- BrokenCry - Lvl 25 Warrior; Zeezom - Lvl 20 Sorcerer