Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Inappropriate chat, auto-muting, and auto-banning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    For every feature we add we go through the same thing. Look, we'll tweak it. If you see a word that shouldn't be allowed, let us know. If you see a word that should be on the list, let us know. I can't help auto-correct. Make sure it says what you want before you hit enter. For words used mostly in a negative manner, they will be on the list.

Like the GCD, the mute filter will be a tremendous help to our Customer Service workload and is here to stay.

-ALS
    Off topic: Hehe I slipped in between your post and your lock. I feel accomplished.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skavenger216 View Post
    So..... what is the purpose of the chat filter? Kind of unnecessary if your gonna just automute people. As many kids play this game, there is also a lot of adults who play too. We should be able to turn off our chat filter and say pretty much whatever amongst eachother. At the very least, free speech should be allowed in private, password protected games. Just my opinion, not meaning this to be negative in any way.

I couldn't agree with you more. This has gone from annoying to beyond ridiculous. I'm sure a lot of people liked it in theory until they say a word that gets them muted. Its only a matter of time before it happens to you. I thought this is why we had a report button.
    PL Anibird- Level 66 Bird Anicat- Level 65 Mage Anibear- Level 66 Bear
    SL Ani- Level 35 Operative Animeva- Level 30 Commando Anibird- Level 27 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It seems like this time-saver will only create more work for you guys with all the "OMG I've been banned!" emails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh it will, STS must need more work lately with these crazy updates/adds to the game. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i got muted and diddnt even realize what word i said my in game name is swiftdots this is pretty upsetting... seeing how i dont even know what i said......i got muted a second time not knowing what i said and what do u know banned for a day STS why?!?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

please help me at least figure out why i was banned? this is aggravating seeing how i waited for servers to come up for 2 days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swiftdots View Post
    i got muted and diddnt even realize what word i said my in game name is swiftdots this is pretty upsetting... seeing how i dont even know what i said......i got muted a second time not knowing what i said and what do u know banned for a day STS why?!?!
    As said in you other thread: send a mail to support(at)spacetimestudios.com.

It won't get you anywhere posting this here

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #88
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts

Sounds like we need to move some words from the mute list to the chat filter list. We will update the system message you get when muted to let you know what the offending word was.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    We will update the system message you get when muted to let you know what the offending word was.

-ALS
    That looks like a great idea!

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

You guys tried the idiotic chat filter once, and now you guys decided to try it again.... You seriously kidding me? Now its up to the degree of auto-banning and auto-muting no offense but this is outrageous, and now you don't even publish a list of the words that can get us in trouble? I've been happy with the PL Devs up till now, other games just filter out curse words and switch them to other words... It's not that hard to filter everyones chat.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

kinda scared to speak now...serious lol
    "Dont take life to seriously,...your never gonna make it out alive." (Creepymouth 55 str/dex bear, Spookytoothh 55 pure dex bird, Vampyres 10 mage) SRINGY 4 life!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Devs, I can understand that you are trying to make a PL safe place for all ages. However, you need to remember that the app of yours has reached many countries. So, there will be varieties of languages being spoken in any types of conversations (may it be public or private). I feel that you are only focusing on English inappropriate terms. Other languages like Spanish and French are still allowed to speak inappropriate terms. Are you willing to go that far to filter every inappropriate term, slang, and unintended words in different languages?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Maybe when I write it, I'm thinking "What the Fudge!"
    Nonsense Les, we all know WTF stands for double-you-tee-eff. I predict the original meaning will be completely forgotten over time, as I noticed nobody actually spells out the words anymore even when talking.

I wonder now if WTH is on the list then, since I use it all the time and honestly I'm thinking "what the heck" when I'm saying it. I should hope that would be clean enough for the filter. Come to think of it, would I be muted for telling a player to use hell scream on his bear?
    I can see how this system can lead to everyone being in constant worry about whether they can say anything.

Could we get a warning for the first violation, like it used to be before? Or maybe a shorter mute, like 30 seconds or something? It seems the automated system would be most useful for getting rid of the players who use bad language repeatedly (like those kids who sit in forest haven and just say inappropriate things over and over again, or some people I've met in PvP who apparently confused PL with Black Ops), and a warning for the first violation would not interfere with that. And it would save a lot of headache and fear for those of us who don't mean to be swearing but use a word with a double meaning, or chat in another language, or get trapped by auto-correct, etc.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Sorry Kallielle, but you kinda just proved my point. They're just three little letters. Just like you're thinking "heck" instead of "hell," my example was perfectly possible.
    And that's weird -- do people really speak the three letters in person instead of the words? It takes longer and sounds awkward. I'd lose interest in saying it before "W" left my lips lol.

Ok that was a bit OT. I was pointing out that we already had the discussion with Samhayne about WTF and he said you won't get banned just for using that -- it has to do with the context.

I think that words that are only bad in certain contexts should not cause auto-mutes or auto-bans. Words like "sex" that can often be perfectly innocent, and it depends on how the person uses it. Otherwise, it will be a very quiet game.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 04-23-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Just got muted for saying

"I guess, I want ears. How was nap?"

Umm, what am I missing?
    PL Anibird- Level 66 Bird Anicat- Level 65 Mage Anibear- Level 66 Bear
    SL Ani- Level 35 Operative Animeva- Level 30 Commando Anibird- Level 27 Engineer

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #96
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weak_Sauce View Post
    Just got muted for saying

"I guess, I want ears. How was nap?"

Umm, what am I missing?
    You wouldn't be muted for that.

-ALS

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #97
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts

Latest update loosens the mute filter a bit (words are still masked).

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Update-(57643)

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have come across a word and I used and it muted me but I had no idea what it meant .. I suggest u should
    take out some out of ut ban list .. BTY do u guys have a banned list? Cuz I don't wanna get banned for something I don't know... XD
    You guys r doing greAt!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think u guys need to give devs a break. They said they are willing to change it to keep u guys happy. Let them know what needs to be changed. Don't just piss and moan about it
    I love Pocket Legends!!!!!

Colborne lvl55 str/dex beast, Colborned lvl52 pure dex bird, Xtremelyhigh lvl33 int/dex Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colborne View Post
    I think u guys need to give devs a break. They said they are willing to change it to keep u guys happy. Let them know what needs to be changed. Don't just piss and moan about it
    And don't say piss, dammit.

It is good advice. But I've seen at least one response implying what people think they're seeing and what the devs think is possible aren't lining up...
    Lilbyrdie - Enchantress; Naabafrekie - Archer; Bearmiathan - Warrior