Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: "Do not meet requirements" bug

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default "Do not meet requirements" bug

I was playing AO2 with my 39 Mage. I was in a group and we did the first few levels, no problem. Got done with Sobek and tried to go to the next level. Instead, I was booted by the game with a "You do not meet the level requirements to host....". I wasn't hosting per se--it was a public game....was it because I was the first person that hit the "go to next level" button and it read it as me attempting to host a game out of my depth? And can a lower-level not start a higher-level game now? If so, one level below the recommended level is enough to keep you from hosting?
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 04-18-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

Thanks, we'll look into this.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

And this? Is why we love you even when we disagree about GCD. Thanks! And I have a screenshot of the message I received if you need it.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i cant go to ao3 at level 43. walking thru the portal in oasis town takes me to intergalactic combat, i can go to boards thru the goto button on quests......but cant host or join games (games dont even show up in filter)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had this same thing with my 24 (now 26) bird in the frost area. I had just assumed that each dungeon of a campaign had it's own level requirements. I could host the first level, but not later levels until after I leveling again.
    Lilbyrdie - Enchantress; Naabafrekie - Archer; Bearmiathan - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so...this still isn't fixed....but fortunately for some other people, it doesn't work at all.

while farming nizara since i cannot move on to ao3, i enter a group with a level 6 bear. next board i try, a level 14 and 19 mages. then next board a level 22 bird.

it nice to know that i cant access a board i paid for even after i meet the minimum requirements, but powerleveling noobs can get into ao2 even after the patch. im about livid at this point....more things got screwed up after this latest round of patches than was fixed.

do you even test these patches before releasing them? cause this is just terrible, terrible game management. in trying to fix a power leveling problem, youve locked out paying players while still allowing the power levelers grounds to cimcumvent your intentions.

good job guys....ur losing another player.

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,891 Posts

This one should be fixed soon, probably in the next content update.