Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elixers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Elixers?

Why were they changed to plat only? Now only people with a lot of real money invested can pot up, that doesn't really seem fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well really though, using elixers is cheap anyways. I do see your point but now the game will be a little more balanced.
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Well really though, using elixers is cheap anyways. I do see your point but now the game will be a little more balanced.
    Uh...balanced? How so?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

i think we should be able to buy xp elixers with gp if we have a capped toon on our account. so we can lvl alts quickly if we wish.
    Announcing the PL Fan-Site ! Click my sig to join!http://becomeelite.forumotion.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusaz View Post
    Devs , is there a way to contact you ? Phone number because I want my mom to explain !
    "All this Has happened before...and Shall happen again...So say We All"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Uh...balanced? How so?
    People with lots of money can use elixers whenever they want....the less fortunate cant, and is somewhat unfair....if you play 3 levels in BS and get 3 Really good pinks you are rich lol.
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

People with lots of money can use elixers whenever they want....the less fortunate cant, and is somewhat unfair....if you play 3 levels in BS and get 3 Really good pinks you are rich lol.
    I still don't understand you.
    In-game gold has to have SOME purpose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I still don't understand you.
    In-game gold has to have SOME purpose.
    Ya you buy things with it besides making your char temporarily more elite....Just accept it buddy be optimistic lol
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ya you buy things with it besides making your char temporarily more elite....Just accept it buddy be optimistic lol
    I still don't understand your comment about it being more balanced now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Who spends actual plat on elixers...not very many ppl. This way we wont have as many ppl using them, using an elixer makes a char temporarily more elite compared to the others...think about it, it makes players unbalanced when one char has say a dmg pot and the others dont. wow
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Who spends actual plat on elixers...not very many ppl. This way we wont have as many ppl using them, using an elixer makes a char temporarily more elite compared to the others...think about it, it makes players unbalanced when one char has say a dmg pot and the others dont. wow
    With that mindset, they should just get rid of elixirs altogether.

This will be more imbalanced, bc only people with real cash can use them now. Why shouldn't people with more in-game gold have some advantage over those with none? They worked for it. If in-game gold continues to have fewer and fewer uses, what reason will people have to farm anything?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

even i have to admit, thats not cool. especially for people like me who just ranked to 55, and don't want to spend money for pots that the current 56's didn't have to spend. 10p for waters!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I see what you are saying but look at it from a business point of view. The devs make more money from plat than gold. Even the ppl with real cash are hesitant to spend plat for a temporary 5 min elixer. I know i am anyways, and I have like 300 plat as of now. I dont like it either but i can see why they did it.
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I see what you are saying but look at it from a business point of view. The devs make more money from plat than gold. Even the ppl with real cash are hesitant to spend plat for a temporary 5 min elixer. I know i am anyways, and I have like 300 plat as of now. I dont like it either but i can see why they did it.
    With that logic, there shouldn't be any in-game gold and everything you need should cost plat.
    I mean, why not?
    Where do you draw the line? Many thought the line was drawn way way back before the whole plat-for-revive thing. Everyone says "pshaw, they'd never do THAT"... And they commence to do the exact things we never expected to see. So where has the line moved to now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I've only used pots for lvl 55-56 grind and bad parties when u get to boss, so I'm not a big potter, but now I'm halfway to 56 and I feel cheated out of my gold since I've only gotten 4 pinks total out of sewers which makes me poor.and it's gonna take me forever to finish since I only have time to play a couple of hours bit each day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Everyone that's 56 abused the hell out of the waters of wisdom, and now it's gonna cost The rest of us real money. It's not fair and nor is it balanced in any way, shape, or form. 11k xp without potting for me and I barely play sewers. I don't want to have to kill 71,000 enemies cause I'm sure as hell the 56's didn't do all of that. We shouldn't have to grind 3x harder than them.

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

With that logic, there shouldn't be any in-game gold and everything you need should cost plat.
    I mean, why not?
    Where do you draw the line? Many thought the line was drawn way way back before the whole plat-for-revive thing. Everyone says "pshaw, they'd never do THAT"... And they commence to do the exact things we never expected to see. So where has the line moved to now?
    It's easy, it's their business model. Blackstar is around the corner and this game has come to an end in terms of development. They are closing all the gaps and tend to use it as a bigger source of income. From now on all content will be platinum based. And because we are addicted to it, cause it's the best, they can do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suntv View Post
    It's easy, it's their business model. Blackstar is around the corner and this game has come to an end in terms of development. They are closing all the gaps and tend to use it as a bigger source of income. From now on all content will be platinum based. And because we are addicted to it, cause it's the best, they can do it.
    Correction -- SOME people may be addicted enough to pay and let them charge for whatever they dang well please. But not everyone.

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Correction -- SOME people may be addicted enough to pay and let them charge for whatever they dang well please. But not everyone.
    I get your point, but I think that because this causes such a stir, it's proves that most are addicted. Of course that doesn't mean that most will pay platinum, but that's just something for the Powerpoint presentation of revenue at the headquarters. If they see people won't spend platinum and run away they might change it like reducing GCD. Anyway I'm happy with it and sure thing I'm addicted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im never using an elixer again... sorry PL
    EndlessPanic- lvl 12 dex/int hybrid twink
    2,000 kills 0 deaths PVE
    60 kills 0 deaths PVP
    PROUD MEMBER OF BROTHERHOOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suntv View Post
    I get your point, but I think that because this causes such a stir, it's proves that most are addicted. Of course that doesn't mean that most will pay platinum, but that's just something for the Powerpoint presentation of revenue at the headquarters. If they see people won't spend platinum and run away they might change it like reducing GCD. Anyway I'm happy with it and sure thing I'm addicted
    addicted to the old system....now that everything costs real money, how many kids u think will be spending their allowance on a game? probly a few....but not enough to support their revenue requirements.

STS will never see another dollar from me.....as games are not that important. this may be a great game, but others are already in the works....this'll die like all the other failures....like pocket empires did when the devs tried to extort money from his players the same as STS has done.